• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    !
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    megblair1 wrote: »
    Hi friends. I think my UTI is much better, but now I’m nauseated, probably from the antibiotics. It’s always something, isn’t it?

Today is DH’s birthday. Those people who have been around a while know I like trying to be funny and crack myself up sometimes. So I sent him a birthday email (remember it gets read before he gets it) that said “Here is your birthday sing-a-long. Follow the bouncing ball! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, you look like a felon, and you…oh…S**T you are a felon! I think he will get a big kick out of it. He often signs his emails “Your jail bird”. Gotta try to laugh.

I’m getting my hair and nails done today (shellac mani) so I will look better than I do now for my visit next week. Yes it’s another trip to Colorado! I have discovered what bothers me so much. I am withering inside from the lack of affectionate touching. I don’t mean sex (although that’s fun too), but just being held and cuddled, and sitting next to someone on the couch. DH was very affectionate that way…always reaching out to touch me, play with my hair, rub my feet. I crave that.

Wendy: great pics! Nice goals, too.

Rori: your pool sounds delightful. I noticed how toned you were looking when we met up in June. Maybe we can meet for a drink this time. I will have my best friend Carolyn with me.

Michele: I love your attitude!

Barbie: OMG you fell! Take care and be safe! You just worry about you right now, we’ll be here when you get back (((hugs)))

Mary: you sure have a lot on your plate. Sending healing thoughts for everyone! Good for you on your progress!

Margaret: sending healing thoughts to your family too!

Zippy: welcome!

ACanadian: good work on the loss!

Heather: why are you angry at night? I can see the anxiety.

Lisa: safe travels!

KJ: That sunset picture was AWESOME.

Chaserainbow: welcome!

Elizabeth: great job!

Katla: thank you! That is rather odd about your former neighbor.

Well my August goal is to get back to exercising and lose 5 pounds. I almost made my quarterly goal of 15 pounds: 13.8 so I figure that’s a win. Well it’s off to the grocery store for me!

Take care, meg from Omaha

Meg I don't know your story, but I can understand and empathize on the lack of touching. My husband and I went through a rough few years and that is what I missed the most. I hope that this ends for you soon.

Tracey in Edmonton
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,756 Member
    Options
    Sooooooooooooo very happy with tonight's dinner. :D Re cooked the meat I salvaged from the freezer disaster into a sort of bolognese. Did that in the IP. Had it with half of the huge marrow I was given at yoga. I baked it, peeled, in slices. Also had half a plateful each of spring cabbage. A sprinkle of grated cheese. Heaven! You should see the amount of veg we eat! We liked the meal so much we are having it again on Saturday :D with the left over sauce.
    Dessert is our own gooseberries with homemade yoghurt.

Meg - I'm angry at the incompetent solicitors. STUPID people. We still have not had a look at the deeds, or fixtures and fittings. We constantly ring them, as does the estate agent. Things have never arrived, or they can't find them etc etc. Grrrrrrrrrr!
    DH is also livid.
    He is suffering with acid reflux, which I'm sure is stress. Today he saw a practice nurse and she gave him the equivalent of the dreaded Nexium. He's only taking it for two weeks initially, but I'm not delighted. :( It's very unusual for him to go to the doctor, but it's been disturbing his sleep.

We both feel a bit better tonight. We have done all we can, short of putting a bomb under them.
    We will definitely feed back to the appropriate people what we think of the firm.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

How incredibly frustrating. No wonder you are and DH are stressed. I hope it clears up for you soon.
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,570 Member
    Options
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Meg: I hope your "gallows humor" gets passed by the readers and your DH sees it. You are a remarkable woman. I hope you are able to have a good personal visit. :flowerforyou:

Heather: I hope your DH feels better soon. Incompetent legal help is frustrating, and I'm sorry it is impacting your DH in such an unpleasant way. :grumble:

Lisa: I hope your trip improves. We stayed in a hotel that had a microwave available in the breakfast room, but not in the guest rooms. It isn't the usual practice these days. :noway: We managed to adapt, but didn't continue to book rooms there on future trips.

Regarding my former neighbor, I talked about it with a friend and learned that the former neighbor I thought was sick is actually just fine. That is good news. Her DH's odd behavior remains a puzzle.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,059 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Katla glad neighbor is fine. Change in behavior is worrisome. There could be a number of reasons for it nothing to do with you. Still it is troubling when people treat you like that. Hugs.

I am glad I am sticking to my program. It does give me more patience and energy to deal with our difficult family member.

Pip I too have gone through a major depression and I know there are many reasons that can cause it. Diet , sleep, and exercise are only tools that can possibly help. If they do not a trip to the doctor is in order. For me it was a combination of things that brought it on. That is one reason I am so adamant about setting boundaries now and I have no guilt when I say NO because I know the consequences for myself when I do not. It is another reason I am so interested in the issues of health and the effect of diet, exercise, and sleep on the mind.

:heart: Margaret
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Katla glad neighbor is fine. Change in behavior is worrisome. There could be a number of reasons for it nothing to do with you. Still it is troubling when people treat you like that. Hugs.

I am glad I am sticking to my program. It does give me more patience and energy to deal with our difficult family member.

Pip I too have gone through a major depression and I know there are many reasons that can cause it. Diet , sleep, and exercise are only tools that can possibly help. If they do not a trip to the doctor is in order. For me it was a combination of things that brought it on. That is one reason I am so adamant about setting boundaries now and I have no guilt when I say NO because I know the consequences for myself when I do not. It is another reason I am so interested in the issues of health and the effect of diet, exercise, and sleep on the mind.

:heart: Margaret

Thanks for your clarification
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    :|
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

TREADMILL walk- 25min, 94ahr, 107mhr, 0-6incline, 3.0-3.9sp, 1.53mi= 120c
    apple watch- 140c
    ride gym 2 dome- 5.37min, 15.6amph, 120mhr, 1.4mi= 46c
    walk sta 2 wk- 9.54min, 100mhr, 3.6ap, .5mi= 39c
    apple watch- 50c
    walk wk 2 sumn sta- 9min, 54c
    apple watch-
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 21min, 2.6mi= 197c
    apple watch-

total 456. didn't do all the detail, still feeling crappy
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,125 Member
    Options
    Katla - sorry to hear about your wifi going out. Hopefully your husband will be able to fix it quickly.

<3
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,355 Member
    Options
    Did Jeanette Jenkins 21 Day Body Toning DVD today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD for the rebounder.

Went to Lowe’s Hardware, WalMart while Vince got gas, then PetSmart.

Barbie – I’m so sorry that you fell. I, too, wondered why your leg would buckle. Wendy had a good theory, a sudden lack of nerve impulse. Or perhaps you are a bit unsteady due to walking differently because of the pain? In whatever case, take care of yourself. We certainly don’t want something to happen to you.

I have a question: For whatever reason, a cat keeps peeing on the beds in all the bedrooms except ours. So…I’ve been keeping the doors to the bedrooms closed. Well, with Shadow here I’ve kept not only the room where she is but also one of the adjacent bedrooms open. Today I got up at 4a.m. to go to the bathroom and heard this noise. Sounded like a cat covering something in the litter box. Looked at shadow’s litter box – nope, she’s not in there. Then I see Loki sauntering out of the back bedroom. So I go in there to see if there’s anything and, sure enough, there was a spot on the bed that had fresh urine on it. So now I’m in the process of washing all the bed linens. Normally, he does use the litter box. Why he went on the bed is beyond me. I’m surprised that Shadow didn’t get upset with Loki being in the bedroom (remember, she doesn’t like any other cats and the other day really got upset at Loki because Loki was in her room). Now I did have some of this stuff by (I think it’s called) Nature’s Miracle but you have to spray it on the spot every day. And I don’t know how effective that is. Well, I COULD try it just putting the sheets on the bed and see if that works to repel Loki. Does anyone know anything else that would deter a cat from going somewhere? They don’t go anywhere else but on the bed.

Update: I got this stuff at PetSmart that you spray on the area, you sometimes need to do 2 applications. It has a repellent in it. I sprayed it on the plastic mattress cover. I know it won’t soak into the plastic, but maybe the repellent will work. Next, I’m going to put just the sheets on the bed, spray them with this repellent and see if that works. If it does, I’m going to spray the bedspread and see how that does.

Dana – I absolutely need music in water aerobics class. There is one part in the beginning where this one instructor doesn’t use music (not sure why, it may be because one lady doesn’t like music and she’s trying to appeal to everyone. Only this one lady isn’t there much). I do wish she had music during that time, I’d so like it. If I don’t have music, I find that unconsciously I slow down

Snowflake – I take the water aerobics in the deep end of the water. No impact, but you sure do get a good workout. I can’t begin to tell you the number of times I’ve found myself sweating. All those times can’t be hot flashes

Zippy – welcome!

Loki came in Shadow’s bedroom. Certainly she at least hears the bell on the collar. Actually, I know she does, her ears perked up and she sat up when she heard it. But she didn’t growl at Loki. Interesting…….

ACanadian – welcome. Tell me how hard it is to lose the closer you are to goal

Jazzy - have fun with your friends and enjoy the concert

Chasesrainbow – welcome! Sounds like you have a good plan in place. You might want to consider increasing the calories a bit, though

Elizabeth – wow! What a loss

Okie – I totally understand about hating a snake. One time one was in the pool and one rubbed up against me. Vince was in the detached garage. He couldn’t understand why I was screaming so much. I couldn’t get out of that pool fast enough. And you know how I love my pool!

Meg – wherever did you find a card like that for your dh? It’s hilarious.

Denise just called. She went to a dermatologist. She’s always had this mole on her face but it was swollen and hurt. They cut it out. Surprising. When I went (and Vince has gone) they freeze the mole off. They also cut out another area on her elbow and are sending those to pathology. She should get the results in 2 weeks. I’m surprised it takes that long.

I think I need to have a chat with Miss Shadow. She needs to understand that I need a bit more room on the bed….lol.

Vince went to a seminar at the gun range. While he was gone I tried to get shadow to come out of the bedroom even just onto the cat tree that is right outside her door. She didn’t stay very long, but this is the first time. Hopefully, in the future she will.

Michele in NC
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,247 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    Slept a bit longer last night. No night rage! :bigsmile:
    I've had four replies for DH's blue and white dinner/tea set. Waiting for the first one to collect. I love it when something is going to a good home. It makes it easier to get rid of it.
    I actually never liked the set, I prefer plain white china, but we are keeping the dessert bowls because they are the right size for our stewed fruit we have every day. DH brought it with him when we got married, but it's not my taste. I know it was chosen by his previous partner, the one who died of breast cancer at the age of 47. I am still using her hairdryer and I'm working my way through her huge bag of cotton wool balls that is never ending! She died in 2000. I have a few nice pieces of jewellery of hers. Every time I dry my hair I think of her. :'(
    Going to get hot again this weekend. I've been loving the slightly lower temps.

Lisa - you don't get a microwave in the room over here unless you rent a mini apartment. You nearly always get tea and coffee making facilities. Hate it when they don't give you that. Why is it Millenial heaven??

Another day ahead of hassling the solicitors.I leave it to DH to talk to them as I would be very rude. I do fire off irate emails now and then. I will tackle another box of paper. Yesterday I dumped all the pictures I had cut out of magazines to use as prompts for creative writing for my classes. There were some beautiful and very evocative photos. I kept the postcards I used. Some are old French black and white, which I adore. It is definitely a case of "all my yesterdays".

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx

• wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Heather, it's the same here. Very rarely have I stayed in a motel room with a microwave, but almost always it has a little fridge and a kettle to make a cuppa. I don't use microwaves anyway, so it certainly doesn't bother me. It's interesting to hear what different countries do differently. LOL

Well, another good day on my fast. Celebrating with a red wine and a soak in a hot bath. I made progress on my horse training goals and visited an old friend in town and took Jock and Honey for a long walk beside the river in the sunshine, stopping to chat to other dog owners.

Meg, I love your funny birthday greetings. I bet your husband really looks forward to your letters. How much longer will you be seperated? Sounds like you are really missing him.

Barbie, you are thoughtful to let your friends know that you probably won't be able to lead dances so soon. You're body will let you know when it has healed and ready to boogie again.

Lisa, how are you in that solitary motel room? Have you managed a hot drink? Love to you all, <3 Wendy
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Michele, your snake in the swimming pool story gives me the heebie jeebies. I would be scouring the water like a hawk before I ever put my toesies in again!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I finally see some results after a month of walking and calorie counting. Happy day to you all.✌🏼️❤️