WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• brennerjlb
    brennerjlb Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    RYE! I cannot believe you were in Madison last night! I am glad you are ok. 11 inches of rain last night. That is crazy making. Have a brother there. He stayed dry thank goodness. Safe travels today! I promise Wisconsin is normally a much friendlier place to visit then what you hit!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,544 Member
    Options
    Mmm
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Morning Sisters, it's raining here and my DH was complaining and I said, "At least it is better than dangerous levels of smoke!"( I was in Montana during a huge fire season and I got very sick from breathing in smoke constantly.) I am very sensitive to any smoke, my eyes run and I cough badly-I just can't do smoke.

Rye, those people with the canoe on top of their vehicle had the right idea. Plan B. LOL. I would have been quite terrified of the vehicle being washed away. We make our plans to go or come, but I always say God willing because there are some things that are just out of our control. Make the best of it and take cool photos like that one!

Machka, nice grad photo. Hope you have a prominent place on the wall to hang it to remind you daily of what you have accomplished and why you are still working hard for the next achievement.

I love corgis! I have both rescue animals as well as purebreds chosen specifically so I can enjoy their breed characteristics. I believe in both compassion and preserving unique breeds. I expect lots of cute corgi pics coming up!

Barbie, I wrote a whole page of things I am grateful for, the night before I had to go to court, just to change my anxious mindset...and on that list was comfi armchairs. Post a photo of you in your new one...get hubby to take it. LOL

Kelly, so enjoying your theme days!

Lanette, I have mastered pasta too. LOL

Chin up girls, keep your eye on the rabbit, <3 Wendy

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,740 Member
    Options
    auntiebk wrote: »
    Karen in VA Brava to your partner for fighting fiction with facts. Maybe the interim supervisor will receive some remedial management training as a result. It is to be hoped SOME good can come from what must have been a miserable experience.
    Sapphire Coast Bev: you have come to the right place for encouragement, support, wisdom and even pip's boot. Most of us resonate with at least one part of your story, toxic relationships, ailing husbands, painful knees, and worst of all imho: depression. Several of our gals are on your side of the world, tho I confess I have a very poor idea of how near Machka, Wendy and Trish are. Australia is so VERY large!
    Wendy Brava for your witness. That was some Halelujah sunset!
    KJ what's tomorrow's destination? May I come too?
    Kylia good for you. Manufacturers need to know about their defective products, to beef up their quality control.
    Lanette, chopsticks are my friend. The first time I broke my right wrist using left to eat with fork and spoon didn't work so well. Meat in eye, soup up nose, etc. Then one day sat down to some stir fry with chopsticks. After chowing down half the plate I realized I was eating with ease because I was using chopsticks... with my left hand!!! Go figure ;)
    Barbie hope the new recliner is the magic your back needs. Keeping good thoughts for tomorrow's appointment
    Machka Con VERY grats on your richly deserved success! Hope spring break is restorative on many levels.
    Rye what a harrowing story! So glad you're safe <3
    efricke As an adult, all my dogs were strays or rescues until Tumble. Purebred puppies need good homes too! :)
    Heather agree 3 days cocooned can make me feel low. Wish I could meet up with you at a pub, we'd have fun!
    Rebecca <3 "swimming in my positives"
    Cathy in Arlington your savoury Dutch baby has my mouth watering. Too bad I've already had my melon and cottage cheese ;}
    pip thanks for the pooch pics and history. SMOOCH those pooches!
    Welcome Marilyn NC and Leslie MS, jump right in. Be sure to click the blank star at top right. It will turn yellow, then you can find us again by going to Community and clicking the Star for favorites. Leslie you'll be surprised what your 5 min goal will help you do!
    Beth we are right beside you, in your pocket. Squeeze our hands REAL HARD whenever it just hurts too much while waiting for your son to come out of the OR.

Joe's brother and his wife, their grandson (who they're fostering) and their 4th son's ex girlfriend will be here Thursday night. Swept floors, cleaned one bathroom, vacuumed dining room. Have I told you how much I HATE housecleaning??? Trying to be grateful I have a house to clean and the ability to do it. Thankful for a husband who loves the dogs enough to share his subway sandwich, despite the fact he doesn't see the rejected lettuce they scattered over the just cleaned floors. Any suggestions on how I can reframe my attitude, like KJ did with her line of work?

On the positive side, yesterday I transplanted the dwarf apple tree into the hole I dug. Couldn't find the long roots I remembered winding around the bottom of the pot so had nothing to stretch out in the wide pit. Backfilling was a little depressing, sweating to put in what I'd sweated to dig out. Hope it makes a welcoming matrix for the roots to grow into and make the little tree happy. Think I'll wait awhile before starting the next hole...

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 20/21, meditate 8/21, walk one more step 8/21, knee exercises 8/21, core 5/12, walk Tumble 10/12 times, SWSY 0/6, hang up or purge art 0/1, AF 14/21

What is specifically wrong with your attitude? Is it depression, crankiness, is pain causing your not be cheerful and joyful? I personally went through a long bout of depression that caused so many other issues. I have learned a lot of techniques to help myself in different and 99% of them were free because I'm broke and cheap LOL
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    Did Jillian Michael’s Extremely Shed & Shred DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do a DVD for the bosu.

Tomorrow is the Newcomer board meeting. Should be very interesting. I think I told you that at the last board meeting Vince told everyone that as a non-profit, we need to match expenses with promotional items. He said that he didn’t think it a good idea to let one of our sponsors basically pay for our holiday party since we’ll probably have to match a lot of money. Also, what happens in the future? Will other sponsors want to fund our holiday parties? Well, the president sent out the agenda for the board meeting (I didn’t receive a copy, she usually sends it to me) where she wants to discuss him funding the party and our role as a non-profit. Vince said he’s just going to say “I’ve said my piece” I bet that she’s thinking “well, he had to put down deposits”. All you have to do is say “after consultation with our treasurer I find that we cannot accept your generous offer”. Will that happen? And if he loses his deposits – oh well, we haven’t lost any money. A while ago another lady asked if students from Claytor Kaye (a school with heavy emphasis on the arts) could perform for us at a general meeting. In the end, they didn’t. But I’m thinking that I’ll suggest we have the holiday part in January and have the students (if possible) perform. It would be most likely be less than $800 and we no longer would have the issue of an advertiser sponsoring our holiday party.

Car update: Mazda still hasn’t called to say they have the transmission. But, honestly, I really don’t care that much. I have the loaner

Bev from Australia – I’m so sorry for all you’ve gone thru. Good for you beating the cancer!

Wendy – I’m so glad everything went well in court for you.

Marilyn – welcome! I’m in Newton NC

M – great picture! I’m so very proud of you. With everything thrown you way lately you still accomplished the schooling. And you’re continuing!!!!

Leslie – welcome. We are here for you. The ladies on this thread are amazing! Come back often

Exercised, volunteered at the Green Room, then Vince and I went to get the shantrex (?sp) shot. See, it’s covered 100% by our insurance now. He’ll go on medicare in December at which time we’ll have to pay. So, therefore, we got it now.

Efrocke – what a cute puppy!

Katla – you sound over the top with happiness

Cathy – Vince replace the fluorescent light fixtures in the condo last year. The condo above us has concrete and what the builder did was nail the fixtures to concrete. We didn’t think it would take as long as it took to get them down. Good for you replacing the ballasts! We got LED’s, too. Nice kitchen

KJ – when my kids were little, my house was the neighborhood house. But it was never real clean. Do the kids remember that? NO They DO remember that they climbed the trees. My saying was always “I’ll be dead and buried and the dirt will still be here”.

Michele in NC
  • pipcd34
    Options
    Kkkkk
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Well I just had a nice conversation with eldest son before he left for work. I had told him to give a call to his youngest brother, because he's having a rough time of it. So I told him, and he was empathetic about it all. We discussed the fact that the youngest has had to deal with a sick father, and process all the stress with that. And also losing his brothers one by one until he was an only child. He's going to try to connect with him on Friday when he isn't working. Brothers being there for brothers. My eldest is quite an exceptional young man!
    Rebecca 💗
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,916 Member
    Options
    qobuibdg1zhv.jpg

Here is our new chair. It is a leather push back recliner. The old one was getting lumpy. Jake has always wanted a leather chair and he is one who will use it the most. Usually we watch TV together with him in the recliner and me on the exercise bike. Right now my leg hurts too much to ride the bike so I sit in the recliner and he sits on the couch.

:) About gratitude. Being grateful for what I have takes the focus away from wishing for what I don't have. I don't have the amazing kitchen I want (one of my ovens doesn't work and the door is held closed with duct tape because he often falls open) but I have a working oven, stove top, microwave, freezer, refrigerator filled with good food, and electricity to make it all work. I have so many things in my life that make me happy and I like to remind myself of those things.

:)Katla, This must be such a happy time for you. Enjoy every minute.

:)Heather, all the books I've read about decluttering say to leave the most emotional stuff (like photos) for last. We have been decluttering since my mother died in 1991 and finally about two years ago got to the point of addressing the photos.

<3 Barbie from smoky NW Washington
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Lost my post again grrrrr.
    Beth thinking of you and your son and hoping the surgery went well.
    We had some of the western smoke today and I must say I feel bad for those of you who have been suffering with it for weeks.
    Went to water aerobics this morning then to town with hubby. We had to get a new modem because the old one was making our internet speed slow way down.
    SueBDew in TX
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    ombl09mgqkoa.jpg
    If only humanity would get along like this. I am hopeful💗.
    Rebecca👑🌹⚓😎💗
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

no gym workout, OT

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.48min, 12.1amph, 131mhr, 1.5mi= 71c
    apple watch- 64c
    bike ride gym 2 sumn station- 54.19min, 145mhr, 122ahr, 13.5amph, 12.1mi= 460c apple watch- 451c
    jog sta 2 wk- 4.51min, 9.36min mi, 138ahr, .5mi= 55c
    apple watch- 52c
    jog wk 2 sumn sta- 4.32min, 10.01min mi, 145mhr, .4mi= 52c
    apple watch- 53c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 17.06min, 9.1amph, 153mhr, 130ahr, 2.5mi= 185c
    apple watch- 143c

total cal 823
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Welcome new ladies! We can do this as a team! I am thankful for such a supportive group!

Rye- I hope the rest of your trip is calmer! That is so scary especially in a strange place!

Praying for rain for those affected by the fires and smoke. Rain is a great air cleaner!

Sweet dreams to those headed to bed (like me) and Good Morning to those starting their Wednesday mornings!

<3
    Kylia in Ohio where the weather is giving us a taste of Fall even though only August.

PS- I remember August being hot and swim time. Now it seems like the last few years it has felt more like September....smh
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,343 Member
    Options
    swagosweet - welcome back! I'm sure you'll be very successful on MFP

Had Rummikub tonight.

Michele in NC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Oops! Went over calories by 101, but my macros looked great! ;)