WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR AUGUST 2018

Options

Replies

• coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    GodMomKim wrote: »
    Hi Gals,

Michele – there are a number of herbicides that you drill holes into the stump and either pack with the poison granules or pour the liquid into and it will kill the tree, then it will break down via natural composting… You can also just drill holes into it (no herbicide) and that creates more surface area for decomposition. Personally I just have sawed it level, and put a big pot on it, planted it and called it good.

Rebecca - Were they worth it? I have been trying to ask that question when I splurge on some thing high in calories - I have found in a number of cases that the memory of the item made it seem worth it, but when I have the item the reality is not so good- so then I am trying to change my memory to help lower the temptation next time.

My embroidery business is flourishing, and I am trying to be very careful and tuck as much money away as possible for the lean times, but there is the challenge of pent up expenses- things I have needed that I put off, and I am having to balance this! I did buy tires for the car - $400 – ugh! But I could see the metal of the “steel belts” in all of the tires. So it was past time. I go through this financial balancing every year, but this time it seems harder – I have had a hard winter/early spring financially so I really want to buy the things I have put off; but am trying hard to keep tucking away enough in case next year is slow too…

Smiles

Kim from N. California

Yes!
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    😁😄😝😋
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    <3<3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,706 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~
    I am up and dressed.. having my tea, i was half awake in the middle of the night and kept feeling something crawling on my neck, so I found it and flicked it in the dark so I dont know what it was, if it was a tick im glad it didnt get attached.....
    yesterday wasn't horrible up in Hartford, and I am hoping today wont be bad either.....Friday will be a nightmare.. we have OS(oral surgery) that Doc comes once a month and usually needs 3 assistants just to keep up, so they call me up there, well they decided to have the regular dr there too, so it is gonna be a you know what show...
    I did buy 2 tickets for the Big E, it is a big fair that is in Massachusets ,and I got opening day tickets, I want to get there when they open at 8 and walk around and through the buildings and then come home early afternoon. because the weekends there are crazy....
    Going to go walk Homer and Chester,and then up to work... I have a 30 min... commute up there and usually 45 min or longer home..
    I have the next couple weekends off.. thank goodness, the good thing is that the extra money working full time this week and next will come in handy..
    tomorrow is hair cut and color day , and then going to see the lawyer tomorrow about making a funded trust....
    trying to save my kids from the headache and hurt my dad has put my brother and I through..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,551 Member
    Options
    ////
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,607 Member
    Options
    Good Wednesday!

Pat- It is fall like here too! High today and tomorrow only like 73. Is rather cool sitting out front this morning. You are correct in that we all have to find our own paths. They may be similar, but they must be individualized. Nothing is cookie cutter about any of us! It keeps life interesting ;)

Rebecca- I understand! Some days it just is what it is. I am inconsistent with my calories. Some days really low, others higher. I am pretty good at listening to my body about being full though, so am rarely miserable. I was really happy that my macros were "in range" yesterday though. Usually my fats and carbs are flipped. Proteins I usually am between 17%-20%. Today is a new day!

Machka- I love the picture! I too am proud of your dedication and commitment! I really want to learn sign language, that would be my dream. One of these days!

Trucker- My mother in law owns a farm in Northern Kentucky. There were times when we were there that I told my husband that I heard a large cat. Turns out I was right. The trail cam has caught pictures of a bobcat several times! That was so exciting! I love the pretty kitties! I wish I had one, but husband allergic. His first sign that he loved me was when he let me bring my calico to his house. Unfortunately, that only lasted about a month, then he couldn't handle it anymore. Good thing is my ex took her. She lived a long and lovely life.

Wendy- I miss the days of foal watch! At one point my mother in law had over 30 horses. Mainly American bashkir curlies but also quarter horses. Life's events eventually led to the sale of the farm after years of selling off/giving away the horses. Love your kitties too!

Allie- Hugs continuing for your stresses! Enjoy that pampering today!

Kim in NC- What kind of embroidery business? I understand about the lean times. My husband complains that I don't search for deals. Well, after years of struggling, to finally be in a position to buy as needed, Time as become the more needed commodity. He doesn't realize how much time it takes to take care of both of us, work, home, and family. When working 50+ hours a week, you take time when you can get it. I don't buy friviously most of the time, but really don't have the time or energy to check prices every where I need to go, for everything I need. ;)

Heather UK-Great job with decluttering! My sister uses those, plus little travel items, to place in her guest rooms and bathrooms in baskets for her guests. I thought it was a cool idea when we visited. My guests are most often the grand children so not a needed item for me ;)

Well ladies, I slept in late, and really must get ready for work. Have a blessed day! Make the best choices you can! And SMILE because you are ALL SPECIAL ladies!

<3
    Kylia only 10 more work days til vacation!!!!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,884 Member
    Options
    trisH_7183 wrote: »

Does anyone touch their toes? Have always done that as part of stretching.MIL did the
    same nearly all her life. I used to put hands flat on the floor,but now it’s fingertips.

I can touch my knees.

On a good day, with some practice, I can make it down to about mid-shins.

Machka in Oz

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    trisH_7183 wrote: »

Does anyone touch their toes? Have always done that as part of stretching.MIL did the
    same nearly all her life. I used to put hands flat on the floor,but now it’s fingertips.

Yes, hands flat on ground but I can feel it in my thighs since I haven’t been stretching (for months, bad me). How do I know I feel it, I checked before typing this.

Okie
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    :) Love that fatty cat!
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    Worked on the bosu today. The plan for tomorrow is to do a Lower Body and Total Body DVD. I may change that depending on my arm.

Kim – back in May we drilled the holes put Spectracide on the stumps, and they still aren’t gone. I realize it’s going to take a while, but this long? I’d like to put down grass seed, but I’d like to get rid of the stumps in the middle of the backyard first.

Had Rummikub last night and I honestly didn’t feel like eating much. Had sausage cheese balls I brought, grapes, cashews, I took only a SMALL bite of 4 different cookies. Together, it might have made up one cookie. So I thought I did pretty well.

Have the Newcomer board meeting today. Vince has the IRS ruling downloaded. This should be a very interesting meeting. We’ll see if anyone else stands up for him. But I really do think that he’s done with being treasurer, which means I’m done with hospitality and membership. The other day Vince logged into the Newcomer website and he has access to the entire website. Why the treasurer needs access to the website is beyond me. I still can’t put the new members on the website and I DO NOT want access to the entire website. So if the only way new members can get on the website is by giving me access to the website, I will not put them on. I don’t feel comfortable at all with that much access. I want access to my part and that’s all. I’m suspecting that the reason I can’t get my admin privileges back that I had before is because it’s custom code that the guy who is the new webmaster can’t fix. Either they have someone write code for me, or else have someone else put the new members on the website because it won’t be me who does anything with the website. I’m just going to wait until someone says something “are the new members on the website” and I’ll just say “nope, I have no way to put them on”. The webmaster said that his plan is to give all board members access to the website. Why? To me, a limited number of people should have access to the entire website. Maybe him and his backup. That’s IT. But then again, they aren’t doing anything about getting him backup…

Trucker – I’m so sorry for the loss of your husband. When I read that one of your kitties is a female orange tabby, my first thought was “that’s not common” One of our cats is an orange female, too.

Wendy – you have an orange cat too?

Allie – tomorrow is hair cut day for me, too! But not color. I’m again going to go to the community college’s school. Actually, not bad – especially for the price

Pat – I have never been able to touch my toes – never

Yesterday while we were waiting for our Shingles shot I decided to try out the bp machine. Now, I know that it isn’t accurate. But it said my bp was 183/123. I can’t believe it was THAT high. I’m just going to try to monitor it – whenever I go into a store that has one of those machines, I’ll take my bp.

My arm is still sore from the shot. When I did the workout on the bosu, I didn’t use the arms much. It’s uncomfortable to raise my left arm very high. I always get shots/have them take blood from my left arm since I’m right handed

Michele in NC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,054 Member
    Options
    If you have any major work done like a roof make sure you look over the estimate and get everything in writing. Also get at least three estimates.

I have a friend who is struggling financially. She is a widow. She had a 22 year old roof. She let one of these companies that come around and give you a quote. Verbally he told her they would do it for 8000 and she could finance it and at 0 interest for three years. She did not get it in writing. Now the roof is done and by the way no she cannot have 0 interest and the interest is 9%. His excuse was his boss said they couldn't do such financing. She listened to how he was a church going man, and she trusted him. She is going to try and refinance the loan through her credit union. I haven't had a chance to tell her she should go to Attorney General's Office and Better Business Bureau. Hearing the story I think it is bad business on the part of the roofer. I don't think she checked his references either.

I touch my fingers to the ground and am careful when I come back up. I follow my legs and do the straighten one vertebrae at a time.

:heart: Margaret
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,346 Member
    Options
    I just got back my admin privileges. And it's like it was before so I'm happy.

Michele in NC