Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What was the last meal you cooked?

Replies

• Tinydancer106Tinydancer106 Posts: 3,558Member Member Posts: 3,558Member Member
    Chicken pot pie from scratch ....i always wait a day to eat it because I think it tastes best that way so
    .. I'm looking forward to dinner tomorrow 😏🤘...or today 😳😂
    edited November 2019
  • jc4meandujc4meandu Posts: 171Member Member Posts: 171Member Member
    mmmmm i love it but sadly i can't eat it diabetic ughhhh!!!
  • jc4meandujc4meandu Posts: 171Member Member Posts: 171Member Member
    you like cooking?
  • rhaiinrhaiin Posts: 685Member Member Posts: 685Member Member
    Haluski with Turkey Bacon
    edited November 2019
  • jessrexjessrex Posts: 41Member Member Posts: 41Member Member
    Ground chicken white chili. I'm a big fan of chili and soup for lunches during the winter, so I usually make a huge pot of something on Sundays.
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,066Member Member Posts: 8,066Member Member
    Chili lime cod, crinkle fries and tomato basil aged balsamic salad.
  • angf0679angf0679 Posts: 1,060Member Member Posts: 1,060Member Member
    Baked chicken and pasta.
  • angf0679angf0679 Posts: 1,060Member Member Posts: 1,060Member Member
    hesn92 wrote: »
    angf0679 wrote: »
    Kraft Dinner It was 10:30 at night, I hadn't eaten and was hungry and it cooks fast. 56g for one serving of KD certainly isn't much! I'll do better tonight. Last night was just a very late night. I got home at 9:30 and still needed to do my workout before supper.

Hey, I'll throw some smoked sausage in some kraft mac and cheese and my kids think it's a rare delicacy lol

I'll remember that next time. I'll just need to get sausages. I bought a bulk box of KD when it was on that that box of 12 made each individual box of KD $0.66. It's a quick dinner to have when there are times I need to eat and have nothing in the fridge to just re-heat!
  • acpgeeacpgee Posts: 4,528Member Member Posts: 4,528Member Member
    Dinner tonight will be a weird combination. Trying to use up the older bits of veg languishing at the bottom of the fridge as well as the leftover bolognaise sauce from a couple of nights ago. Starting with a Turkish salad of watermelon, feta and mint drizzled with pomegranate molasses. Main is spaghetti bolognaise with sweet sides of roasted carrots and roasted red peppers.
    Starter of Turkish salad, veggie sides of roast carrots and red pepper, main of spag bol.
    pibxpa8ycih3.jpeg
    6va6w96ie0e3.jpeg
    5fczkyrnii1w.jpeg

• just_Tomekjust_Tomek Posts: 8,066Member Member Posts: 8,066Member Member
    Round two of Buddha bowls
  • aokoyeaokoye Posts: 3,496Member Member Posts: 3,496Member Member
    Finally getting around to making butternut squash soup. Finally.
  • epangiliepangili Posts: 578Member Member Posts: 578Member Member
    Gumbo paleo in instapot
  • lx1xlx1x Posts: 20,082Member Member Posts: 20,082Member Member
    Smoked/grilled buffalo wings..
    I've got a mate coming over for dinner tonight. He's a little complicated to feed because of FODMAPs intolerance to onions and garlic. Planning to do California roll your own hand rolls, miso soup with tofu and seaweed, pavlova for dessert.
    Not a meal, but I have beef stock cooking in the Instant Pot. I essentially only really use the thing for beans and stock but it's very good at both of those. Beef bones were on sale for $1.29/pound at the HMart (a national Korean chain) I went to and they had some flank steak that needed to be sold today that was $2/pound.

It probably has another hour and a half or so in the IP and then will take forever to natural release. I'll likely let it cool in a large container before portining it into smaller jars for freezing as there is going to likely be a lot of fat that needs to be removed (and saved for some other purpose).

And this, friends, is why buying "bone broth" is a waste of money when you can just make it yourself.
    Roll your own California hand rolls and miso soup. I forgot to take a picture of the raspberry pavlova until after we dug in.
    d6j9ccxyu5a7.jpeg
    hcunybqnu3q6.jpeg

• k8eekinsk8eekins Posts: 2,226Member Member Posts: 2,226Member Member
    jc4meandu wrote: »
    you like cooking?

Welcome to the thread jc4meandu!

If it's solely for myself, I do quite enjoy cooking (soups, stews, one pan roasts, on the grill and salads).

For family and friends, even catering, I prefer to take directions, as an assistant to the lead in the kitchen, not at all opposed to maintaining a clear and clean kitchen as we work through the preparations from start to table.
    A quick soup with beef broth that I made earlier today, vermicelli noodles, korean style dumplings, and a chopped scallion. Could easily be improved by adding fish sauce, some sort of green, etc. That said, it was fast and good.