SwannySez Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    SwannySez wrote: »
    km8907 wrote: »

81Katz wrote: »
    There was a comment about ‘macho’..... my peeve is women who don’t understand a man sometimes has to be a man. No one should WANT to fight. But if you must, you need to know how.

There's a difference though between defending yourself or protecting somebody vs those loud mouth guys who just wanna start sht for the sake of starting sht, just to throw punches or belittle somebody.

Absolutely!!! I raised two boys. If they would be the ones starting fights, I’d be very disappointed.

In the real world, defending yourself is a true skill.

IMO, the emasculation of men is not a good thing.

If that’s not PC... sorry, not sorry.

Would you care to give a few examples of how men are being emasculated? I'm interested to see what exactly you mean.

So, if I don’t give examples, my opinion is invalid?

It’s my opinion. IMO, boys can’t be boys anymore.

Can you give examples that men are not being emasculated?

You suggested that men were being emasculated and that it was having a detrimental effect on male development. I simply asked for some examples. Surely you can cite a few, if this is so prevalent that it is changing human development for the worse.

He's refusing to give examples, so my interpretation is that boys can't be boys anymore means that physical violence is discouraged as is sexual harrassment.

He did seem pretty proud of the fact that his grandpa was a Nazi so...who can tell why he thinks what he does?

Very nice. Immediately called grandson of a nazi.

Low brow attack.

Violence against women is abhorrent. Sexual harassment is wrong.

You’re really nice.

Dude, you posted the meme, not me.

What is happening right now? Am I witnessing an internet standoff?

On this thread I will build my church.
  • iMago
    iMago Posts: 8,714 Member
    Options
    major peeve- when people get upset over things the opposite sex say. on the internet.
  • SwannySez
    Options

There was a comment about ‘macho’..... my peeve is women who don’t understand a man sometimes has to be a man. No one should WANT to fight. But if you must, you need to know how.

There's a difference though between defending yourself or protecting somebody vs those loud mouth guys who just wanna start sht for the sake of starting sht, just to throw punches or belittle somebody.

Absolutely!!! I raised two boys. If they would be the ones starting fights, I’d be very disappointed.

Would you care to give a few examples of how men are being emasculated? I'm interested to see what exactly you mean.

You suggested that men were being emasculated and that it was having a detrimental effect on male development. I simply asked for some examples. Surely you can cite a few, if this is so prevalent that it is changing human development for the worse.

He's refusing to give examples, so my interpretation is that boys can't be boys anymore means that physical violence is discouraged as is sexual harrassment.

He did seem pretty proud of the fact that his grandpa was a Nazi so...who can tell why he thinks what he does?

Low brow attack.

You’re really nice.

Do you have building permits?

tumblr_inline_nvesfrrpDb1tyg1gf_500.gif
  • SwannySez
    Options

Low brow attack.

You’re really nice.

Do you have building permits?

tumblr_inline_nvesfrrpDb1tyg1gf_500.gif

My pet peeve is when men use the incorrect response gif.

m5irq3cqxw96.gif

xFrJtHx.gif
  • mustacheU2Lift
    mustacheU2Lift Posts: 5,844 Member
    Options
    Well let me reference my paper I wrote for the New England journal of medicine.

:).

It’s my opinion.

But what influences this opinion? Im not saying i disagree. But my idea of this may be different than yours.

I suppose it’s just my observations that influence it.

I can’t say it’s this or that.....

I’m not going to bother saying more or folks will be coming out of the woodwork to call me more names. Folks who know nothing about me or who I am.

So much for chit-chat.

Its ok. We can all drop it and move on.

Unless youre a woman...we all know they hold grudges...cant let anything go :#
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options
    Ughhh...when women won't even acknowledge PMS time
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options
    ChaelAZ wrote: »

My theory is men have hormonal cycles too. So you admit you are on yours and I'll admit im on mine.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

My theory is men have hormonal cycles too. So you admit you are on yours and I'll admit im on mine.

That's not a theory science says we actually do

You must be pmsing.
  • ChaelAZ
    ChaelAZ Posts: 2,240 Member
    Options

See, this is how women turn things around on men.
    Must be TOM.
  • mustacheU2Lift
    Options

See, this is how women turn things around on men.
    Must be TOM.

:|
  • IHaveMyActTogether
    IHaveMyActTogether Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Svanel wrote: »
    Jealousy. It's a deal breaker.
    When you're being polite and they read it as flirting.
    Not cleaning up after themselves. General laziness.
    They eat more take out than home cooked meals. I understand the convenience but sometimes it's nice to have a nice home cooked meal. Gotta know how to cook.
    Their idea of waking up early is waking up at 1pm. Unless you work nights, no.
    Constant mention of money. I don't care. I make my own. I sustain my lifestyle.
    Lack of manners.

He can talk about his money. Especially if he intends to share it. His money is my money and my money is my money. Sounds fair.

Don't cook? No problem I do. Plus, you got so much money, we can have a service take care of that.

hashtag all my bills paid is the minimum entry fee :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously do not understand the hookup culture at all...

• Svanel
    Svanel Posts: 6,255 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Svanel wrote: »
    Jealousy. It's a deal breaker.
    When you're being polite and they read it as flirting.
    Not cleaning up after themselves. General laziness.
    They eat more take out than home cooked meals. I understand the convenience but sometimes it's nice to have a nice home cooked meal. Gotta know how to cook.
    Their idea of waking up early is waking up at 1pm. Unless you work nights, no.
    Constant mention of money. I don't care. I make my own. I sustain my lifestyle.
    Lack of manners.

He can talk about his money. Especially if he intends to share it. His money is my money and my money is my money. Sounds fair.

Don't cook? No problem I do. Plus, you got so much money, we can have a service take care of that.

hashtag all my bills paid is the minimum entry fee :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Seriously do not understand the hookup culture at all...

who said anything about hooking up? these are just my gender specific peeves generated by my past experiences.