Let me know you a little better

Options

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    The town I grew up in has the same name as towns in about 20 states, very similar names in at least 20 more states.
  • tmanfive
    tmanfive Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    The town I grew up in has the same name as towns in about 20 states, very similar names in at least 20 more states.

winchestertonfieldville?
  • tmanfive
    Options
    Ol’ girl down the way complimented me on my tan and that got me to thinking… I never burn more than once in any region that seems to be in a particular latitudinal area. I also never wear sunscreen or tanning lotion. 🤷🏼‍♂️

For example, in high school I went to a tanning bed and got a base burn in one year and never burnt after that.

First time I went to Puerto Rico I got burnt but all other trips back there, Bahamas, etc, never did.

Guam, same. Saipan, same.

Don’t make any difference the time of year either. Those are more towards the equator but it’s the same no matter where. 🤷🏼‍♂️
  • OpheliaCooter
    OpheliaCooter Posts: 1,635 Member
    Options
    ^bro we are living opposite lives for sure

😕 I burn just thinking about walking outside. Got my spf 50 mineral based sunscreen from coppertone that works the best and longest. It’s meant for babies but I guess that’s me. 👻 plus catch me at the beach with a coverup, giant sun hat and an umbrella. Irish pale looking like a goth. Smh.
    One time I burnt talking to someone outside for 10 minutes around lunch hour👹 <my face
  • tmanfive
    Options
    Y’all two, wow, I can’t imagine.

Welp, I’m sorta the pool boy type so if I ever did catch either of ya at the beach I’d be happy to follow you around with umbrellas and whatever so you could have a spectacular day.
  • tmanfive
    edited June 2021
    Options
    I have:
    scraped off old shingles and reroofed a house,
    torn down 1mi of 100yr old barbed wire,
    pounded t-posts, stretched barbed wire,
    saddle broke a 4yr old stallion,
    driven a tractor pulling a 15’ brush hog,
    driven a bulldozer (not for me),
    helped put up a-lot of stockade fence,
    helped build a metal barn,
    stoked and tended giant burn piles,
    chainsawed until my arms were noodles,
    loaded my Honda CR80 into the truck alone,
    for years I drove a hour everyday to feed and tend to a herd of horses (27 at one point),
    helped birth a foal,
    got bit by that foal about a month later, lol,
    chased down and grabbed a non-poisonous snake,
    walked every foot of our 160ac farm alone repeatedly,
    found with a metal detector artifacts from the homestead that had been on that land since the Land Run,
    loved that land as much as a person can love land that is never really ours,
    miss that land as much as a person can miss land.

There are homes being built on it now.
    I can’t bring myself to go out there and see.
    I cry over the lose often.

Love it. Livin ‘ my dream right there. Parts of my life were similar and I wouldn’t change one minute of it. Except I’d have been a better person. I’d change that.

And pigs. I’d not have worked on a pig farm. 🤢🤮

I feel ya about the land. Imma buy every bit of land I can around me as it comes up for sale. I don’t want neighbors and I’d be awfully salty if the land were developed. I don’t think the farmers would let that happen though. But, the. Again, $ talks so who knows.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options
    I’ve always liked being with people. And I’ve also always liked being by myself. Those “how to tell if you’re an introvert/extrovert” things never worked for me. I’m energized by both.🤷🏻‍♀️
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    My personality type is INFJ, and I love the beach.
  • MelG7777
    MelG7777 Posts: 14,186 Member
    Options

I hear that INFJ is more rare…but I feel like that’s the only combo I ever hear people say! Maybe I’m wrong. I should look into those personality types, it’s seems interesting.
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    Options
    How does one find their personality type; where's the test I absolutely need to take? :)
  • tmanfive
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    How does one find their personality type; where's the test I absolutely need to take? :)

My MB was administered by a head doctor. I don’t know about online.

I’m was an INTP with the temperament being NT.
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    ReenieHJ wrote: »

It’s called the Myers-Briggs test.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    Options
    MelG7777 wrote: »

I hear that INFJ is more rare…but I feel like that’s the only combo I ever hear people say! Maybe I’m wrong. I should look into those personality types, it’s seems interesting.

It seems that way, I was told it was rare as well. My sister and I went through therapy when we were younger, and they conducted different tests. This was on some old paperwork I found at my step-moms. However, I took the Meyer Briggs later in life. It was really interesting when I found out and started researching it. :)
  • OpheliaCooter
    Options
    tmanfive wrote: »
    So, Ms. @LaneaJ's canned plumb jam reminded me about how FBR I went the first time I canned on my own.

I grew up canning green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers / pickles, etc. It was always an annual, multi-generational, family affair. Years and years of this. How hard could it be?

So, I like hot stuff. I grew and canned all sorts of peppers. Jalapenos that I left on the vine until they turned red and cracked, bird's eye chili peppers, cayenne, etc. I left them all on the vine hoping for the hottest and spiciest peppers I could grow.

I followed the directions in the Ball Blue Book exactly. Didn't deviate a single thing... Except one warning; wear gloves. I'm a man, a mans man, I don't wear gloves, I don't wear PPE, I bow up and don't *kitten* out like that.

So, I'm picking the fruits. All good.
    I'm cutting the fruits. All good.
    I'm still cutting the fruits. Hrmmmmm, my nose is getting snotty and my fingers are tingling...
    I'm canning the fruits in EVOO and vinegar. Things are getting better and I'm all good again.
    By this time I've had a couple pints of homemade beer and I need to go wee.
    Weeeeeeelp, things are not so all that good anymore. That *kitten* was HOT! Lesson learned, no more touching the important things.
    I suck it up and get back to canning.
    Fast forward to that night. As if i wasn't FBR enough earlier I go and stick my fingers into my eyeballs to remove my contacts. Now, I've been hit with mustard gas more than once. It had nothing on the pain my eye ball was currently in.
    I thought to myself "Self, maybe if you're really quick with the other eye it won't hurt." I put the contact into the container and proceed to stick my digits into my other eye to take out that contact. Neigh neigh moose breath.
    But, I bowed up and took it like a champ.
    Fast forward to the next morning...
    What does my dumb *kitten* do? Takes a wee and said to myself "Self, that still burns a little. I shouldn't grab ol' boy again today.", washed my hands, then proceeded to stick my still pepper oil covered fingers into the contact lens case, pulled out a contact lens still covered in pepper oil from the previous evening, and proceed to stuff it into my eyeball.
    I had one hellova time forcing my eye open so I could grab onto it and yank it out. Each time I touched my eye or the contact the burn was rejuvenated.

And that, dear friends, is why I now wear gloves when canning hot peppers.

I very much enjoyed this story, thank you. 😂