The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• Ed_Zilla
    Ed_Zilla Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    razorcut wrote: »
    Happy Monday night to all. 180 days AF today for me...will have 6 months on Wednesday, if all goes as planned. I don’t post much, but appreciate everyone’s insight. I’m laying on the couch with my Diet Ale 8 watching my Cincinnati Reds. ⚾️⚾️⚾️⚾️

@razorcut We all have our downfalls - maybe one day you can be a Cardinal fan :p
  • razorcut
    razorcut Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    @Ed_Zilla: 😂 I have no hate for the Cardinals....they’re just not my Reds. Hopefully I’ll be able to catch some of them again tonight.

@lagoscarrie: what book are you on now? Leisure reading is something I’m trying to get back into also.
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    @salleewins I cannot imagine your grief <3 Yet the strength you show is inspiring. Thank you for sharing your raw emotions with us. It takes courage to bare your soul. I hope by sharing your story that you are able to heal a bit more and, please, never underestimate how your willingness to share your struggles may help someone else who is reading to progress in their healing journey. BIG hugs to you <3<3 and may you find a measure of peace.

I too am a Bible reader and find comfort in knowing our Creator will undo all the evil in this world. In fact, it states, "in a little while..." no more pain, no more death!!!

Christian here as well. 🙏👍❤️🥰
  • SallyLuvsFitness
    SallyLuvsFitness Posts: 13,724 Member
    Options
    35 days sober. Here's to a sober April! Good luck everybody.

Awesome!!!
  • Monkeyfreck
    Monkeyfreck Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    walterm852 wrote: »
    Hey everyone ... joining the thread. I have been a steady MFP'r for years although I took a recent 2 month break. Fortunately I have never taken a break from deciding not to drink anymore since 7/30/94 - 24 years, grateful to all that have helped me on this journey

That is amazing!
    24 years, what’s the most important thing you think you’ve learned ?
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    WELCOME to all the new faces! So much inspiration on this thread :)

@walterm852 I like @Monkeyfreck's question re: what you've learned through 24 years of sobriety.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Day 4 and feeling a bit resentful that I can’t use alcohol to make me temporarily forget that my life is nothing but work and sleep these days. Luckily last weekend’s insane insomnia has scared me enough to resist.

@Ed_Zilla your post was interesting because I’ve come home from work SO sleepy these last 2 sober days. I was asleep by 9 last night after fighting sleep from about 6 on. Same thing tonight. That really surprised me because I would have expected the lack of booze to give me more, not less, energy.

I’m ready for this to get easier.

With all the work, you could still be tired. Without booze, your body is probably needing to catch up on sleep as the alcohol does not give restful sleep. Keep trying! If you drink, it will definitely stay work, sleep (not great sleep) and now alcohol.
  • salleewins
    salleewins Posts: 2,308 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    Hey all, Lorraine,you and RubyRed get fresh new starts with no drinking memories in your new homes! It's gonna be awesome <3 yup those thoughts have been hitting me,not the wanting to drink but the wanting to get drunk(is there a difference?) It's not the taste if booze I've thought of it's just that"escape" but then I think of the DAYS it takes to recover and it don't seem so exciting anymore,wishes for a Fab AF day for us all!

I like that, "fresh new starts with no drinking memories" AND I agree with you on the "escape" being the temptation as opposed to the taste....AND about the consequences taking the excitement away.

I used alcohol as an escape, too. I would buy cheap, high alcohol beer then mix it with pineapple juice or the like cuz I hate the taste of beer. I really hate the taste of liquor, too. Ugh. It has to be so covered up. I feel quesy thinking of it. My life centered around alcohol.