The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    OK so this thread is beyond quiet LOL Is everyone on vacation?
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    whitpauly wrote: »
    For me community was unavailable practically all day,think mfp was doing maintenance or something, maybe the threads here have been quiet though cuz peeps are just busy out enjoying the warmer weather cuz even the less alcohol thread hasn't been as busy as it had been, yesterday was a doozy for me cravings wise! All I could do was bide my time til bed it was that terrible,I don't wanna drink after all this time,I didn't come this far to only get this far! Just those nerve grating weeks make my head want to escape,waves to all and wishes for a happy and healthy AF day <3

Wishing you a peaceful week! You are very strong! Proud of you ! ❤️
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    GOOD MORN: I received an email from Kate at The Sober School this morn entitled "How to Stay Sober At A Wedding. Of course it can be applied to bbqs and all the other seasonal events...it's worth a read if anyone is anticipating the summer season of temptations to drink. One line that I want to share is this, "Culturally, we are so trained (I say brainwashed actually) to associate booze with celebration, we tend to forget we can have one without the other." She then goes on to list some ways we can have fun without booze, but also how we can have booze without having fun.

Hopefully, everyone has another AF day and perhaps some fun along the way B) I LOVE sun!!! which I am sitting in at this moment B)

I remember going to a wedding reception last summer when I was newly sober and found myself jealous of everyone else. But the next morning I was so happy that I woke up so refreshed and knew some woke up with serious hangovers.