The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    GOOD MORN: I received an email from Kate at The Sober School this morn entitled "How to Stay Sober At A Wedding. Of course it can be applied to bbqs and all the other seasonal events...it's worth a read if anyone is anticipating the summer season of temptations to drink. One line that I want to share is this, "Culturally, we are so trained (I say brainwashed actually) to associate booze with celebration, we tend to forget we can have one without the other." She then goes on to list some ways we can have fun without booze, but also how we can have booze without having fun.

Hopefully, everyone has another AF day and perhaps some fun along the way B) I LOVE sun!!! which I am sitting in at this moment B)

I remember going to a wedding reception last summer when I was newly sober and found myself jealous of everyone else. But the next morning I was so happy that I woke up so refreshed and knew some woke up with serious hangovers.

Ugh that was me last weekend!! I quickly got over it bc I don’t drink that often anymore tho. Self forgiveness.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    JAnanda51 wrote: »
    Hi All....I am new here and starting to live AF. Yesterday was day #2. I am very aware of my triggers. Binged a few days ago and kinda freaked myself out. Taking things one day at a time.

Welcome! Very helpful to know your triggers and have a plan or two on how to cope without alcohol in those situations. You will find lots of support & acceptance that will help you on your AF journey. You can do this!! :)