The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    @aroze0928 Heineken NA. Some of the NA kinds have a trace of alcohol but this one has zero. It does make you feel fun but 5? That's too many calories. It just made me see how impulsively I was drinking. I couldn't have been that thirsty!
  • aroze0928
    aroze0928 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Thanks Jen it would be nice to try them.
    @no44s4me congrats on the 18 mos and 40 lbs! Same here with the nighttime selzers. Today I actually bought grapefruit selzer and splashed it with diet grapefruit juice. Needed a change. Its definitely a habit. Im not that thirsty either.
  • aroze0928
    Options
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    aroze0928 wrote: »
    Forgot to add Im on the year and a half mark!

Yay!!! This is a big milestone!!! Way to go!!

Thank you!
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    @donimfp Hoping all goes well with your daughters heart surgery and that you have a fun time with your grandgirls and get lots of cuddles. I'm glad that you are enjoying your AFness and will reap the benefits during your time away with your Fam. :)
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    khall1984 wrote: »
    September 25th marks a year from me. Sobriety not only changed my life but it really has allowed me to change others lives too. I read a book by Craig Beck called alcohol lied to me and literally in the snap of my fingers never wanted to deal with it again.

YAY!! Congrats ~ that is a HUGE milestone, your first year sober!!! WooHoo!!! Craig Beck is awesome. Learning from him got me through my first phase of sobriety. I watched his YouTube videos multiple times a day for the first 6 months and then regularly for the next 6 and gradually was able to pare down to an as-needed basis. Education is power and Craig has a way of cutting through the crap and telling us like it is...love his direct approach. Thank you for sharing your success with us. :)
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    @arose0928 & @no44s4me Congrats on the 1.5 year mark...WooHoo!! Inspiring!!
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,158 Member
    edited September 2020
    Options
    Good morning friends! We have a rainy day here for Labor Day but that's ok; I plan on staying home. Tomorrow will be the first day with students. I am excited~ I'm not scared anymore about getting Covid. I can control only what I can control.

I heard a great analogy about alcoholics. The speaker (Father Martin - youtube) said an alcoholic keeps getting into the boxing ring. They get bloodied and bruised, but during the next round , they go in again and again.

@khall1984 Congrats on one year! What a blessing! I listen to Craig Beck on YouTube. He's good!

• RubyRed427
    Options
    One day at a time....
  • aroze0928
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

I like that thinking. Thanks for sharing! 💐
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
  • lorrainequiche59
    Options
    @RubyRed427 Happy first day back tomorrow. Thank you for the Wayne Dyer video. I love his encouragement to think small. It's way more doable thinking in those terms with any addiction.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    This is almost going to sound humorous. Remember when I wrote a few days ago, I am not scared of Covid anymore? Well, here I lay in bed with a fever, sore throat, headache and cough. I am waiting for the results of the covid test. But I do feel better than yesterday.

@lorrainequiche59 Thanks for your message!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    This is almost going to sound humorous. Remember when I wrote a few days ago, I am not scared of Covid anymore? Well, here I lay in bed with a fever, sore throat, headache and cough. I am waiting for the results of the covid test. But I do feel better than yesterday.

@lorrainequiche59 Thanks for your message!

Irony at its finest! Hope you start feeling better soon!!!