Calorie Counter

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• salleewinssalleewins Member Posts: 1,200 Member Member Posts: 1,200 Member
    @lorrainequiche59 Congratulations!!!!!
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,072 Member Member Posts: 4,072 Member
    Hi All <3 Thank you for all of your support & congrats messages. <3

I have been absent here for a bit, lots happening! Back to work, but not my usual, I have 4 clients who have me on hold. So I'm in the process of looking for some part-time work and that took most of last week applying with an employment agency and am in the process of hopefully getting a position that I applied for. Here's hoping!

I got caught up reading on the last couple of pages and great to see new faces and lots of encouraging posts...although I was on pins & needles when I was reading @FeelinFooFoo's consideration of just reading on here & not posting...SO glad you decided to continue posting @FeelinFooFoo because your posts have so much value here.

My journey to being AF was a lengthy process over a number of years, & I finally got so sick & tired of being sick & tired of the stinkin' drinkin' that it was my time to stop it...I had lots of vacillation for quite awhile over the years, starts & stops, before I finally stopped, BUT I was not on this thread laying bare my slips & dips back into drinking like others here are. It takes brutal honesty AND alot of courage to admit a slip-up.

I was ready to stop when I found this thread...actually I was on Less Alcohol and followed Jen here. I think it was Jen who said a page ago (others have also said it too) relapse is part of the process. PLEASE for anyone here who caves to the crave for alcohol, it is telling you something...it is part of the learning curve to one day stay AF...so please do NOT beat yourself up...there is a reason why we turn to alcohol or drugs or food or any other substance. It isn't because we are weak-willed, or don't have self-control etc...cause there are some pretty determined, successful, highly-functioning people in this group who exercise self-control in other areas of life. Alcohol is something that has worked to take the edge off our pain or stress/anxiety etc.

Learning another way to take the edge off takes time & learning to cope differently. Please be kind to yourself...beating ourselves up & allowing guilt & shame to overtake us will only fuel the issue we have in the first place and that is to medicate the guilt & shame away.

LONG post, I'm making up for lost time LOL. I really hope that we all just continue to support each other & to come here when we need support from others....that is the secret & the true value of this group!! Just keepin on keepin on!!

<3

Thanks for that, @lorrainequiche59

You make a lot of good points on your post.
  • DoxmumDoxmum Member, Premium Posts: 84 Member Member, Premium Posts: 84 Member
    @FoolishJoy: Welcome! You should be proud. You've accomplished a LOT in 2 years. BTW, I love that age in kids, 21 months. They are sooo busy - LOL. It's why we have our babies when we're young.

Namaste
  • mainelylisamainelylisa Member, Premium Posts: 159 Member Member, Premium Posts: 159 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo I'm so glad you're part of this community (and Less Alcohol). You're like sunshine. Or the daughter I never had. Can I adopt you? :)
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,072 Member Member Posts: 4,072 Member
    @FeelinFooFoo I'm so glad you're part of this community (and Less Alcohol). You're like sunshine. Or the daughter I never had. Can I adopt you? :)

Go on then !! 🤗

Thanks for saying that, means a lot ☀️☀️