The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Congrats on 4 months sober @lorrainequiche59 !! That's awesome :)
  • Nomseys
    Nomseys Posts: 43 Member
    Options

RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Nomseys wrote: »
    Hello everyone :) Pretty quiet on here!! Hoping everyone is doing good.

I am doing well. I hope everyone else is too. I am on day eleven and have been struggling a little bit pulling through. Choosing to stay the course amongst challenges. Hope you are well!

Congrats on day 11. Alcohol never solved struggles or helped challenges, keep that in mind. You’ve come so far. Treat yourself to a little gift! You deserve it. I once bought a bracelet at day 10 AF and I still wear it and remember how good I felt then,... and now.

Thank you Ruby! You are a legend. You are an inspiration to me. Thank you for your encouragement words. I think I may buy myself a cute ring or something. Happy day 12.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,175 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    Hello everyone :) Pretty quiet on here!! Hoping everyone is doing good.

I am doing well. I hope everyone else is too. I am on day eleven and have been struggling a little bit pulling through. Choosing to stay the course amongst challenges. Hope you are well!

Congrats on day 11. Alcohol never solved struggles or helped challenges, keep that in mind. You’ve come so far. Treat yourself to a little gift! You deserve it. I once bought a bracelet at day 10 AF and I still wear it and remember how good I felt then,... and now.

Thank you Ruby! You are a legend. You are an inspiration to me. Thank you for your encouragement words. I think I may buy myself a cute ring or something. Happy day 12.

You're so kind. I know the journey you are on so intimately. I feel we are accomplishing so much for our mind body and soul, That small rewards along the way make it sweeter yet. Congrats on day 13 (today). Xo
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    Good Luck! You can do it! Some days will be tougher than others. I was a everyday drinker for 28 years but after losing a son it became my crutch. I knew when I woke up each morning looking for something to go in my coffee that something had to change! Quit cold turkey 41/2 years ago.

Thanks for posting! Your message is inspiring.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Hello Andy, glad to see you here. I will check out Alan Carr's book. Thank you.
  • guterpflo
    guterpflo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    73CL350 wrote: »
    I just joined MFP so I havent read all the posts to catch up ... but I am 4 days sober and could use some encouragement so I'd like to subscribe to the thread

Thanks.

Mate, great start! It's a fantastic journey, you'll see
  • jhilkene
    jhilkene Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I just joined MFP so I havent read all the posts to catch up ... but I am 4 days sober and could use some encouragement so I'd like to subscribe to the thread

Thanks.

Saw your other post.. welcome!
    You are much stronger than the alcohol itch! Stay positive!!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options

Thanks.

@73CL350 Welcome! 4 days is great!! You've also done a good thing by joining up in here!
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Sorry I've been MIA for a month.

Been very busy in my spare time drawing, running, doing handstands, running threads and groups (both online and IRL).

8 months without alcohol and counting! Or rather, not counting. It's just the New Normal! :smile:
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    andysport1 wrote: »
    I was an alcoholic
    My wife is an alcoholic, she doesn't want to stop

I'm 12 weeks alcohol free
    It was so easy
    20 years of drinking

All I did was read one book
    Alan Carr the easy way to stop drinking

2 weeks ago I was on holiday with friends, I had a sip of beer "I didn't like it, so spat it out"
    I can now say "I don't drink"

Good luck everyone

Hi Andy, I was wondering how you’re doing. I really need to get the Carr book; I’ve read mostly everything else people have suggested. But need to keep reading and educating myself. Happy for you! And I”m happy for you!
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    Hi Guys. Day 65 for me. New job I love but quite an adjustment. Federal offense to take a phone into the facility where I teach and am beat after work so haven’t checked in for awhile. So glad for sobriety. I couldn’t do this drinking. I second the recommendation of Alan Carr. Clicked for me.

So true! Drink was a brief escape like someone said above but then all the stress and issues were always still there lurking. Now, we face life head on. I am happy you are finding your job rewarding.
  • RubyRed427
    Options

Thanks.

Join in whenever you want to post. Let us know your thoughts. We are here to help. Just be sure to have substitutes handy when you get a craving. Read Alan Carr’s book. People on this thread say it does the trick.
  • lorrainequiche59
    lorrainequiche59 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Orphia wrote: »

8 months without alcohol and counting! Or rather, not counting. It's just the New Normal! :smile:

YAY New Normal!!!! Congrats & thank you for the inspiration to keep working at my new normal :)