Calorie Counter

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• JenT304JenT304 Member Posts: 636 Member Member Posts: 636 Member
    And all these weight loss stories are motivating me! Thanks for sharing your successes!
  • aroze0928aroze0928 Member Posts: 210 Member Member Posts: 210 Member
    Thats true. The second we think we got this think again. I thought I was deserving of some Birthday wine with my birthday dinner. Its funny that I entertained the idea. I dont even like wine. Just seeking that break from reality let loose happy feeling.
    I didnt. Ate all the birthday cake and food though. Had zero control of that situation. So after 4 days of recklessness I have to pull the reigns back in. All or nothing same mentality different vice. But its the proof I need to show me I dont have it all together and quite possibly never will.
    Carrot juice shots tomorrow
  • Beka3695Beka3695 Member Posts: 3,415 Member Member Posts: 3,415 Member
    @aroze0928 now I see what 0928 means!!!
    Happy birthday!!!!

Today is my birthday!!! We almost shared one!
    Oh and Happy Birthday to Beka and Aroze!
    Beka3695 wrote: »
    @aroze0928 now I see what 0928 means!!!
    Happy birthday!!!!

Today is my birthday!!! We almost shared one!

Happy Birthday!! Hope its a great one!
    JenT304 wrote: »
    Oh and Happy Birthday to Beka and Aroze!

Thank you
    @donimfp I agree. The whole world has gone to $h*t and it is hard not to be depressed, throw up our hands and say, "What does it matter if I drink?" But as you wisely point out, all that will lead to is a racing heart and terrible anxiety later. I like that you point out that while we have great benefits from sober living, there are still going to be down times. That is just Life.
  • RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 2,736 Member Member Posts: 2,736 Member
    @donimfp I can see and totally agree how difficult times and emotions are because of the state of the world. Can you imagine how much worse your dread and depression would be if you were drinking? Ten times worse. I cannot see any positive for drinking anymore- even the fleeting short moments of respite from the realities of life, is so not worth the rabbit hole drinking brings me down.

I do think many times a day about drinking still; I wonder when that will lessen. But so far it has been 28 days of sobriety for me and hopefully 29 tomorrow.

89 days - that is terrific~ :)

It's nice you turned to writing about your feelings at 12:30 a.m.; that is good therapy in itself. Wishing you a better week. <3
    @JenT304 For sure, that racing heart and days of anxiety are just not worth it. Oh how we have suffered through those.
    Happy birthday Beka and Aroze~~ Hope it was wonderful! <3
    @donimfp Hooray 90 days!!! Yes, I do think a present is is order on day 100. I may buy a trinket when I get to 30.

I look forward to hearing what you will pick out. I am going to have to look into James Avery ring. I dont know what that is?

Thanks for the reminder about Curious Elixir drinks!! I will get on that right now and order some.