The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    RubyRed427 wrote: »
    30 pounds to lose challenge by March 2021 - this is the thread title; it's under "challenges".

@JenT304 Thanks for the plug.

I just arbitrarily picked March but everyone sets their own goal.

Found it!!! I'm in for +/- 20!
  • Beka3695
    Beka3695 Posts: 4,126 Member
    Options
    donimfp wrote: »
    I made the “Healthy Hot Chocolate “ from Well Plated today. It’s definitely the best I’ve ever made and maybe the best I’ve ever tasted. I used one square of Lindt 70%. I’m going to try her Mexican variation with cinnamon and cayenne pepper. This will be a regular AF treat for me. It’s only 160 calories but tastes much richer. And no artificial anything. And it takes about 2 minutes. Two thumbs up. 👍

I am curious and will have to try!!!! Here is the link:

https://www.wellplated.com/healthy-hot-chocolate/
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    @FeelinFooFoo Yeah! That is so great to say I don't drink! 45 days and counting!
    @lorrainequiche59 I know you have suffered great heartache and heartbreak. I'm so proud of you for carrying on without alcohol as a crutch.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @donimfp I understand about not putting yourself out there, but I challenge you on the wayyyy too early--you've done fabulously and you still are. Now is all we have and you're rocking it (as are many on this thread--woot!)

Got to my cabin today and there is beer and wine everywhere. (But so is there at home.) Wanted a drink. If I weren't taking a break (who knows how long--maybe forever), I would have had one immediately. I know in my head no good would come of it. Brain cell killer and thigh fat maker. :-)

Brought my NA beer. PBR NA. Don't laugh. I think I like it better than Heineken AF.

I think the whole first world country is full of anxiety because of our "advancements." Lucky for me, one of the advantages that comes with age is not giving so many *kittens* which greatly reduces anxiety. (Of course when I'm drinking, that's a different story.) I've had sleep issues ever since menopause and finally turned to medical edibles for relief. Work well. No hangover. Deep sleep. Delivery faster than a pizza. BTW, @FeelinFooFoo I had bizarre dreams last night where I had to keep remembering I'm not drinking. I heard the tiny over-the-counter blue pills (which I had been taking) are not good for the brain. Of course, I usually washed them down with Chard. Also not good for the brain.

I will have to try the PBR NA then. I have been buying Heineken OO but the shelf was empty where it used to be. Then, I noticed a few more craft NA beers. It's impressive that we have more choices than O'Douls these days.

• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @RubyRed427 I like Beck’s Blue. It’s a lot like the Heineken. And if anyone is a Guinness stout fan (I am), Bravus Brewing Co. makes an AF version that tastes very close to my palate.

Foo Foo asked for a review of the Ritual Zero tequila. Not bad at all but really peppery. Reminiscent of a jalapeño margarita. I’ve been mixing it with pomegranate, orange, and lime juice all together. The AF whiskey is not doing it for me at all.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @Beka3695 Thank you! I love when you said No is a complete sentence.

Yes by sheer Grace or luck or both we have not gotten a DUI.
    It's sad that there was a lower place than rock bottom for your ex. But I get it. It is a sad tale in so many ways. And he brought you down with him in a way (losing house and husband). But you persevered and want more for yourself. I think many of us on this thread are on a personal journey to improve ourselves whatever it takes. I am so blessed to be on this journey with you and the others.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @donimfp Yes, I do remember your mom (Jane Fonda). I'm so happy journaling is a huge part of your journey. Who knows you may have a book in you with your job and your life experiences all combined....

• wiigelec
    wiigelec Posts: 503 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    2 years in september for me

i substitute with reeds, *kitten*’n bull, and bundabergs ginger beer

i’m also very judgmental now about people who drink, and it doesn’t bother me cause it keeps me off the sauce