The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Options

Replies

• donimfp
    donimfp Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    @JenT304 i was so thrilled when I learned this magical bit of science. Truly a divine metaphor for rebirth. It always helps me when I feel like I’m just a puddle of “goo.” Thanks for the reminder.
  • RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,163 Member
    edited December 2020
    Options
    I have been enjoying quiet time doing a puzzle and listening to Gabor Mate on this snowy Christmas Day.
    I shared it with my sister too. She's listening to it too at her house.

This is quite eye opening about addiction and why we reach for substances or self harm.
    @lorrainequiche59 Thank you for mentioning him to us on this thread. I finally had the time to listen. https://youtu.be/c6IL8WVyMMs

I listened to this one. But there are many others that may be of interest.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @FeelinFooFoo What a beautiful holiday you had!!
  • donimfp
    Options
    Wow, Foo Foo! A tattoo is brave! When I feel a slight temptation, I look at my bracelet I got engraved with the date of my Day 100, but then, I could always take the bracelet off. A tattoo, not so much! But that's awesome. Do you know what the tattoo will be?

Happy Boxing Day, everyone!
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Foo, I am 57 years old and would not put a tattoo on my body, That being said,
    I know the younger generation thinks this is much more acceptable. You do, however, seem not so sure?! Maybe a henna or semi perm one to see if you like it first? IDK. Whatever you decide, we support you!
  • donimfp
    Options
    I like that idea, Foo Foo! No harm in having a reminder that you can do more than you dreamed. I should start thinking of my bracelet that way rather than a stop sign before I start resenting it! Sweet reminder of your parents. I almost got my first tattoo at age 57 when my granddaughter Rosemary was born. I love her so much! A pretty rosemary sprig on my ankle was my plan. But then I thought I might be obligated to get tattoos for any future grands. I now have precious Dorothy and could do ruby slippers but probably safest not to. But I can definitely see it for parents.
  • donimfp
    Options
    https://apple.news/AZbEwk57SSSukZOuRjV_nxg Don’t know if this link will work but I’m trying it out.
  • RubyRed427
    Options
    @FeelinFooFoo You are so strong! We are so proud of you! Even by sharing this, you are helping me a lot!
    Last night, I was so depressed and missing being out with friends at a bar, but this reinforces that for a few hours of fun, a grueling hangover awaits.
  • SunnyDays930
    SunnyDays930 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    I agree about the NA Heinken. It is the best one I've had.