Myfitnesspal

Message Boards Challenges
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427RubyRed427 Member Posts: 3,159 Member Member Posts: 3,159 Member
    wigi41 wrote: »
    Hi everyone, happy new year to you all! Today marks 3 years since I started my less alcohol journey, and tomorrow marks 19 months completely AF. I don’t post often, but I continue to follow this thread, and continue to be inspired by each and every one of you. Wishing you all many good things for 2021 🎉

Happy new year! Thanks for stopping by! congrats on 19 months!!!
    joelann10 wrote: »
    Hello Everyone! I took a little break from being online but I am still AF and I'll be posting more. Glad to see you are all still here!

I ordered to gratitude journals last night from Amazon to write in everyday. I was so happy to see some of you had done the same!

Gratitude is proven to change mindset ; love your idea!
    https://people.com/books/chrissy-teigen-talks-about-the-book-that-inspired-her-sobriety/

HEre's a book I have not heard of: Quit like a woman by Holly Whitaker
    Chrissy Tiegen discusses her four weeks of sobriety.
  • JenT304JenT304 Member Posts: 823 Member Member Posts: 823 Member
    @VeggieGirlforLife Wonderful! So inspiring! Thank you for sharing that great news and Happy New Year!
  • JenT304JenT304 Member Posts: 823 Member Member Posts: 823 Member
    Thanks for reminder about the gratitude journal. I will get mine back out and write before bed.
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,738 Member Member Posts: 4,738 Member
    donimfp wrote: »
    FooFoo, Thank you for that. You are a breath of fresh air and a blessing.

😊❤
  • donimfpdonimfp Member Posts: 782 Member Member Posts: 782 Member
    OMG I just discovered a completely alcohol free vodka. At Beyond Spirits. It’s not cheap! But I ordered a bottle to try it. A truly AF. martini as a splurge would be so nice (If it tastes good). And their drinks are truly 0%, not .5 or something.
  • FeelinFooFooFeelinFooFoo Member Posts: 4,738 Member Member Posts: 4,738 Member
    Well, that has made my Monday! How refreshing to see t.v. adverts for low alcohol products. I think the only other time I have seen zero / low alcohol advertised has been recently, during the football, on the stands around the pitch for Heineken 00. But an actual, glamorous t.v. advert? I can't find a link for the advert....but I remember reading Spencer Matthews sober story months ago....looks like he's now involved with advertising low alcohol now. I will have to do more reading, but I'm excited, so want to share 😊 it's 1.2% alcohol I think so I probably wouldn't drink it tbh. I'm happier staying at the zero or 0.5 end of the spectrum. But how nice to see low alcohol advertised. Hoping this shift becomes more mainstream. 👍

Spencer Matthews on being sober: “My life is incomparably better.” | Alcohol Change UK
    https://alcoholchange.org.uk/blog/2020/spencer-matthews-on-being-sober-my-life-is-incomparably-better#:~:text=I'll be two years,week after I got married.&text=I'll probably mark it,no-brainer of a decision.

https://images.app.goo.gl/zeGe7JgV3BXV9wnA6