The Sober Squad- Alcohol Free Living

Replies

• RubyRed427
    RubyRed427 Posts: 4,154 Member
    LoveyChar wrote: »
    And the crap begins... Husband decides at 1:00 something that he needs beer from the local brewery/bar, mentions it one second and walks out of the door the next but not before he grabs his beer jug and mom. Idiot leaves the Brewer's game on the TV with no decency to turn the game off. I have no clue how to turn it off to watch something I want to. Idiot's been gone over an hour. Can't reach him, he probably left his phone in the car and he's sitting at the bar getting drunk. Yes, I'm frustrated, irritated, annoyed, perturbed, upset...

It's really not fair:(
  • RubyRed427
    And the crap begins... Husband decides at 1:00 something that he needs beer from the local brewery/bar, mentions it one second and walks out of the door the next but not before he grabs his beer jug and mom. Idiot leaves the Brewer's game on the TV with no decency to turn the game off. I have no clue how to turn it off to watch something I want to. Idiot's been gone over an hour. Can't reach him, he probably left his phone in the car and he's sitting at the bar getting drunk. Yes, I'm frustrated, irritated, annoyed, perturbed, upset...

It also sounds like they have quite the enabling relationship - him and mom. They must justify drinking to each other.
  • LoveyChar
    LoveyChar Posts: 4,335 Member
    RubyRed427 wrote: »

It also sounds like they have quite the enabling relationship - him and mom. They must justify drinking to each other.

I don't know if I'm being impulsive, compulsive, obsessive... His mom is such a sweet lady. It's him that drives me up a freaking wall.
  • LoveyChar
    @RubyRed427 Yes, our hands have nurtured lots of children. And yes, we do need to quit for ourselves. I'm really surprised Rob Lowe had an alcohol problem, Atkin's guy seems so perfect.

I'm sorry to hear about your cousin. She must be a very strong woman to stay and she must see good in him. It's nice that you're helping her because even if her decision to stay with him is wrong, at least you're helping her figure that out.
  • RubyRed427
    @LoveyChar This is the place to vent! I do it often. It is therapeutic to type all that you're feeling, etc.

I'm happy you're going to run the marathon. You will feel elated afterwards.

Yes, good point, a benefit of sobriety is being a positive role model for our kids.

• g2renew
    g2renew Posts: 145 Member
    I am so proud of each one of you! You are making a decision that will not only change your life for the better overall, but you have also taken the first step towards making a HUGE positive change in the lives of those who love you-family, friends-and co-workers/boss! <3 Step by step, y'all:-).
  • LoveyChar
    Thanks @JenT304 for posting that.
  • LoveyChar
    I'm happy to have my house back. It's been a a long 6 day booze fest at our house, starting every day around 3 pm. I am grateful for the peace. Husband doesn't think he expects a lot but I do. I'm tired of hearing over-inflated, embellished, highly exaggerated stories by my husband and I'm tired of hearing about people I don't know. I'm tired of Schitt's Creek playing over and over in the background, because why watch anything else. I am seriously grateful to just be in a room with someone, that person knows that I love him or her and I know that I'm loved by that person and there's no uncomfortable silence. I'm glad and grateful for some peace this morning.

f7lcxzb0p8dq.jpeg