September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    72 degrees with 95% humidity, along with something I am allergic to pollinating. 5 long slow miles with cool down, started wheezing at about mile 3.5 so breathing was off for the final 1.5, hit the inhaler as soon as I got back to the car and whoa man,head rush. Gonna have to remember the antihistamine for the next several days. Total 9.43/60.5 for the month.
  • Elise4270
    Elise4270 Posts: 8,375 Member
    Options
    Not looking good for a run today. They are already announcing early dismissal of public schools due to "extreme heat"

Isnt thay because they dont wanna run the a/c ? Texas school we never got out because of heat. Could just do a TM run in the fancy air conditioned gym? :wink:
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Elise4270 wrote: »
    Not looking good for a run today. They are already announcing early dismissal of public schools due to "extreme heat"

Isnt thay because they dont wanna run the a/c ? Texas school we never got out because of heat. Could just do a TM run in the fancy air conditioned gym? :wink:

Some of the schools apparently do not have A/C at all.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

Omg. This is the unites stated of America. Not siberia. Id write a letter. No ac? And the kids have to forage for thier lunches?

Well, the school that my son goes to has AC and hot lunches :)
  • Machafin
    Machafin Posts: 2,988 Member
    Options
    September Goal: 50 miles

Workout 1 (9/03) - 4.38 miles
  • quilteryoyo
    quilteryoyo Posts: 5,956 Member
    Options
    @noblsheep It sounds like you had "one of those days!" Here's hoping today is much better!
  • juliet3455
    juliet3455 Posts: 3,015 Member
    Options
    School closing because of heat, others with +90 temps and high humidity. We never had lunch pgms - everyone had to bring a lunch or go to town and buy one, some lockers could have a very pungent aroma if someone left a lunch in it over the weekend for a few days of ripening.

We had below zero last night and if the garden plants weren't covered the garden is finished.
    Autumn colors were on the hills last week already and this frost will set everything into autumn gold and that autumn smell. Soon the trails will be covered in leaves and the trees will be bare.
  • sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    @juliet3455 Didn't quite freeze last night here.

But the trees have definitely started changing.
  • Elise4270
    Options
    sarahthes wrote: »
    @juliet3455 Didn't quite freeze last night here.

But the trees have definitely started changing.

Wow! Seems like just last week it was hot!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options

Omg. This is the unites stated of America. Not siberia. Id write a letter. No ac? And the kids have to forage for thier lunches?

Some in Memphis have school in trailers, no money for larger buildings.

It's still ridiculously hot and humid here, but overnight the bug song changed from cicadas to crickets, maybe cooler weather is coming.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Forgot to post here.
    9/1 - 1.65 miles
    Supposed to run today but there's a robotics meeting for my son so I don't think I'll have time :'( I really need to get into morning running.
  • Elise4270
    edited September 2018
    Options

Some in Memphis have school in trailers, no money for larger buildings.

It's still ridiculously hot and humid here, but overnight the bug song changed from cicadas to crickets, maybe cooler weather is coming.

We had portable buildings in HS, Dallas TX. Cheaper than a new building. Its not an uncommon thing in these parts.