September 2018 Running Challenge

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Hi everyone,

August started good but from the 15th went downhill. My sister and family came to stay for a week so house in chaos, spent the following week trying to catch up on work before 4 days in London which was brilliant. I was sad to read about losing @KeepRunningFatboy. I've put my name in for 1 hour 1600 - 1700 GMT. If I've filled it in wrong someone can change it for me. Going to give 50 miles another bash. 2018 has been a rubbish running year for me but will have to keep trying anyway. Hopefully back soon with some miles.

exercise.png

You might want to drop a note over in the thread dedicated to that:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10689708/24-hour-run-for-dennis

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited September 2018
    @MegaMooseEsq i know our fair has had a few issues but they are pretty quick about addressing them. hopefully, your fair will do the same.
    i know our management rubs some people the wrong way but i suppose that is natural for a business trying to organize 20+ small businesses
    @kgirlhart they are lazy dogs overall but they love to go for a run. it was part of the reason i started to run(bad collie). plus running in the city, they are added security. running has given speed demon so much confidence as she was pretty feral when i adopted her. old girl looks at it as a job and is better behaved when running as opposed to walking(extremely leash reactive).
    one of my favorite photos from when i brought the dogs with me to class
    old girl and student
    3a2434p5kphf.png
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,049 Member
    @PastorVincent - Yea I've done that now, thankyou
  • joannedrummond5
    joannedrummond5 Posts: 229 Member
    September 1 - rest day
    September 2 - 13 km Club Run
    September 3 - 23 km run
    September 4 - 23 km run
    September 5 -
    September 6 -
    September 7 -
    September 8 -
    September 9 -
    September 10 -
    September 11 -
    September 12 -
    September 13 - Rest Day
    September 14 - Rest Day
    September 15 - Rest Day
    September 16 -City To Bay Half
    Marathon
    September 17 - Holidays

59 km / goal 140 km.

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    I start swimming lessons with my husband tonight. I can swim a little but am not great in deep water. He can swim a little but he can't float. I had to rescue him in the pool on our last big holiday, so we decided lessons were a good idea. Wish us luck!

Relax and have fun! :)
  • Mari33a
    Mari33a Posts: 1,049 Member
    04/09 3.15 miles

exercise.png

• RunRachelleRun
    RunRachelleRun Posts: 1,854 Member
    @eponine1984 Thanks! Yes, I feel exactly the same. It is part legs and part just convincing myself it can be done. I like the treadmill and going a steady pace as I cannot do that at all outside ... but I hate how slowly time passes on the treadmill and driving to the gym to use it.

@PastorVincent That’s good advice. I will take it!
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Forgot to post this with earlier.

exercise.png
  • MegaMooseEsq
    MegaMooseEsq Posts: 3,118 Member
    edited September 2018
    mbaker566 wrote: »
    @MegaMooseEsq i know our fair has had a few issues but they are pretty quick about addressing them. hopefully, your fair will do the same.
    i know our management rubs some people the wrong way but i suppose that is natural for a business trying to organize 20+ small businesses

I genuinely hope you're right about that. We've got one of the oldest and largest fairs in the country (ETA: If you've ever read the Sandman comic from the 90s, it's got an issue based on the MN fair), which comes with its own set of issues. Well, if I have to find a bright side, my legs will be fresher for those long runs between races!
  • katharmonic
    katharmonic Posts: 5,720 Member
    Date :::: Miles :::: Cumulative
    09/01/18 :::: 18.2 :::: 18.2
    09/02/18 :::: 5.4 :::: 23.6
    09/03/18 :::: 6.3 :::: 29.9
    09/04/18 :::: 2.1 :::: 32.0

My schedule is a bit out of sorts after the Monday holiday, so I had to work in my strength training this morning. I didn't give myself enough time once again to get much of a run in before that. But my coach says consistency is king, and anything 15 minutes or more counts as a run. So I did that and will be satisfied with it, especially given I had decided this is a cut-back week and I ran longer than my usual yesterday. Lots of focus on the legs in strength training today too, so I'll definitely feel that tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the start of school for kids here and it is supposed to be 90 degrees and humid. Not all schools have AC so I wouldn't be surprised about cancellations here either. Fortunately the forecast looks so much better after that. I have my eye on Saturday's forecast for the HM and it is looking great - dewpoints and temps back down in the 50s! Fingers crossed for that.