September 2018 Running Challenge

Options

Replies

• PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @PastorVincent whats your name so I can read some of your stuff - if your willing to divulge. I love scifi and fantasy!

Vincent Trigili is me. I am a pretty public person. You will see that if you Google my name. :)
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    @PastorVincent whats your name so I can read some of your stuff - if your willing to divulge. I love scifi and fantasy!

Vincent Trigili is me. I am a pretty public person. You will see that if you Google my name. :)

Maybe once I get through the 350+ books I already own I can check yours out. Not my usual genre but I will check any book. I'm kind of a book *kitten*.

I'll add you to my ever growing amazon lists. 😂
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,966 Member
    Options

What did you wanna be when you grew up?

I never really knew. When I was asked this question (all the time) I always had different answers. Veterinarian was one of them. Teacher was. Computer nerd was one. Nurse. I ended up being an accountant.
  • PastorVincent
    PastorVincent Posts: 6,668 Member
    Options

There are pacers for 2:15 and 2:30 finish, neither of which lines up quite right with my 11 minute/mile pace, but I think starting with the slower one and seeing how I feel around mile 9 once I hit PR-land will be my best bet. I’ve never run with a pacer before, so any tips would be appreciated.

Yes, do this. It is called negative splits and is the advice given to runners all the time.
  • travelling_lots
    travelling_lots Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Today I got to run 4.12 miles, which included mile 3 of the Twin Cities Marathon course. This is my usual lake, the one closest to my house and the first one I ran all the way around earlier this year on my long run. Now it's an easy Thursday.

lvyjnfape0z3.jpg

Picture from Wikipedia. What a dump, right? As Prince wrote "Sure as the drive around Lake of the Isles is cool I know, Rock 'n' roll will never die, like the Minnehaha flow."

I am nervous about Sunday, no two ways about it. Excited, but nervous. This morning’s run helped some: I wanted to run 4 miles at an 11 minute/mile pace, and that’s what I did. I don’t know if I felt up for another 9 miles when I was done, but I certainly felt like I could have given it a good shot.

There are pacers for 2:15 and 2:30 finish, neither of which lines up quite right with my 11 minute/mile pace, but I think starting with the slower one and seeing how I feel around mile 9 once I hit PR-land will be my best bet. I’ve never run with a pacer before, so any tips would be appreciated.

In a little bit of extra confidence boost, this morning I weighed in at my first new low since May 10th. I’ve been in a deficit for two months but it felt nice to enter that new number. I’d like to lose another 20 pounds or so, but we’ll see what life throws at me.

Q1: When I was really young I wanted to be an actress or singer or musician. When was a teenager I wanted to be a writer. In my 20s I had no idea. When I started law school I knew immediately that I wanted to be a lawyer. When I passed the bar in 2012 and spent the next six years looking for permanent work, I still wanted to be a lawyer. The last few months I’ve been doing contract work that’s a little more rewarding than what I was doing before, plus I’ve found ways to make life fulfilling outside of work, and I’m thinking about trying my hand at writing again.

Q2: I started running because I was on a general self-improvement kick, had gotten a pretty good handle on losing weight, and thought it would be fun. Turns out it is. Now I’m just trying to see how far I can go.

Ug, you all got me feeling all shmoopy now!

SEPTEMBER MILES:
    9/1 Sa - recovery day
    9/2 Su - 1:48:13 - 9.01
    9/3 Mo - lifted heavy things, but not too heavy
    9/4 Tu - 0:55:04 - 5.15 tempo
    9/5 We - lifted heavy things, but not too heavy
    9/6 Th - rest
    9/7 Fr - 0:45:10 - 4.12 steady

September Total: 18.28/85 miles
    Marathon miles: 4/26

Races!
    July 4: Red, White and Boom! 5K Chip time: 0:32:20
    August 25: Glo Run Night Race 5K Chip time: 0:30:40
    September 8: Helen Gold 10K DNS - trip postponed
    September 9: City of Lakes Half Marathon
    October 6: Twin Cities Marathon Weekend 5 or 10K
    October 21: Mankato Half Marathon

I'm not understanding that saying. Plus I don't understand sarcasm so I'm confused here.
    Does it mean it's a dump?
    To me the photo looks beautiful I would love to run there. 7aa5m2qlkdc2.png

Glad you went out and ran, don't give in to the nervousness from the unknown. Stand your ground, that's the same feeling I always had the two days before cheerleading and I used to go over and over it in my head till a few hours before. Then 5 min into it ...was screw it, I know it, I can, here we go. It always turned out well.

Ÿou will do amazing.

I see your running and your run is Sunday.
    I've always used this graph. Not because I've ever run a half, but always done long distance intervals at a 7:30 pace See what you think.
    You may already have your own. This is from years ago and it's been good. Oops it pasted above. Oh well :-)

In regards to pacing, some people I know have it set on their garmin to beep when they are going to fast. i think it was the garmin. maybe someone here can shed some light on that if your garmin is compatible. Hopefully that way you can have consistency from the start and not get tired sooner than you should.

You go girl!