WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Barbie. Thanks for September post!

Wendy Can't wait to see pics of Cream Soda!

Rye That literally made me laugh out loud. Uppity WiiFit. :D:D:D

Karen in Virginia
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rebecca: We don’t get weather reported specifically for our little town, either. I have a weather app and get my information from there. Local TV news is based in Portland & reports Portland weather unless there is some unusual weather in a smaller town. That said, I firmly believe that Island weather is its own thing and not like mainland weather. :ohwell:

DS, DDIL & the baby left yesterday to head home. It was a grand visit. I drove them to the airport and came home. We’ve made plans to visit DSIL in eastern Oregon soon. We’ll be traveling in the RV. We’re planning to be there in time to go to an event in Boise called Art in the Park. I’ve been once before and had a lovely time looking at craft items, sculptures and other handmade items.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,483 Member
    Options
    August stats were dismal:
    daily: 60g protein=77%, one more step than monthly average=45%, meditate=45%, knee exercises=45%.
    4x week: core=33%, walk Tumble=66%.
    SWSY Mondays and Thursdays=0%,
    One piece of art up or purged per week=0%.
    AF=71%

Was so lazy today, even skipped dog group. Then about 7pm realized this was the first and a chance for a fresh start. Meditated, took care of knees and did 20 minutes of Leslie Sansome UTube videos to get the step count up.

For September will keep August intentions and add rx/supplements back in to make sure December's b12 and D numbers improve.

Barbie thank you for keeping us going.
    Margaret that Tshirt is my favorite color too ;)
    Machka brava for the 1.5 kg and 5K plan. You are a force of nature!
    Sue in WA your DH's Dr. called you to emergency room?
    Lisa love the singing Disney princesses!
    KJ con VERY grats on the 10lbs. YOU are aMAYzing :) Fire ants? Yikes!
    Betsy from NW WA welcome back!
    Lanette reading about NewsON reminded me of how much we miss the NorthWest News cable channel. If you have neither dish nor cable, do you get internet via landline/DSL?
    Rye
    you sure showed that snarky Wii! From overweight to normal, yay you!
    Wendy
    ditto Karen in VA, was eager to see pics of Cream Soda. Dreamt of having a palomino when I was a little girl. Fingers X'd the woman who borrowed him respected your wishes.
    Katla safe travels and say "Hi!" to Boise for me.
    Heather you have been an AF inspiration to me. Now if only I could find a tolerable AF wine... ;}

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD.
    60 g protein 1/1, vits 1/1, meditate 1/1, walk one more step 1/1, knee exercises 1/1, core 0/4, walk Tumble 0/4 times, SWSY 0/2, hang up or purge art 0/1, AF 1/1.
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,196 Member
    Options
    Barbara - I had to try quite a few before I found anything drinkable. I love the Torres Natureo range, especially the white and pink. I don't know if you can get it in the USA. Google it for stockists. I am currently drinking half a bottle a night and it is not cheap. It saved me on the cruise. The red is not bad either, but even DH will drink the white and rosé and he thinks AF is the devil's spawn.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,828 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Up at 5:30 and it is dark and rainy again! It ended up raining all day yesterday, I got a lot done, but not every thing I said I was going to. All good, as I have two more days off to do it. All this rain, my lawn is getting long and shaggy. I will be mowing as soon as it dries up a bit. I will be using our push mower because I need the work out! lol Last night, Tim, Colin and I went to the food truck that is down the road. Sounds weird, but it is run by a local migrant family and the food is FANTASTIC! They opened about four years ago, in the middle of nowhere (actually the middle of a lot of farmland) to service the migrant workers on the local farms. I discovered them about two years ago; but this year, it seems the rest of the town has found them. They are always busy, have had to extend their hours and hire more cooks. For me, it is like walking back in time, when I walk across the lot to the truck and smell the spices and cooking smells. I hear the rapid fire Spanish being spoken all around me. Spanish as the cooks talk back and forth, Spanish as the families/customers joke and chat as they eat or wait for their food, Spanish in the little store in the lot as people go in to place their food order and buy beverages and/or chips to go with their food. Being able to use my Spanish skills to order dinner and carry on a little bit of small talk with the cashier, and also surprise my son and hubby that I am still able to speak it. It was a meal that added an extra 800 calories to my day (and put me well over my limit), but it added something much richer to my soul. <3
    Heather- Sorry the stresses of the move kept you up; but I can just see you running in the wee hours in your knickers and nightshirt! lol I can just picture the chaos a skype session can be with three little ones clamoring for their turn to talk/see you! AND Oooooh! A whole day with Bea while the big kids are in school? Sounds much quieter, but will maybe be perhaps a little busier for you, as her regular playmates will be in school...
    Machka- So happy to see that your DH is able to get out for bike rides! 12km is a great start! <3
    Wendy- Soda is a lovely horse! The pictures turned out beautiful!
    Katla- Goodbyes are so hard! So glad you are making plans to visit them soon. <3

More of you I wanted to respond to; but if I sit any longer, my energy will leave me and I will have another day of not getting done everything I want to get done.
    Sending love and good thoughts to those to need them! ttfn xoxoxo KJ
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,687 Member
    Options
    Morning ladies,
    Up and had my tea, going to hop in the shower and go feed my DFIL , then will see what needs to be done at my dads house, my girlfriend Trudy and I will grill something for dinner today... so that will be nice and my DB and I going to my cousins tomorrow, to visit with my cousin Tammy up from Florida... Luke who's house we are going to has done very very well for himself and his family.. and going to ask him for a few pointers , he is an Investment planner now , but has his hand in alot... sold the family tree and oil business , and his wife is a corporate attorney..
    then there is the rest of us who went to the school of hard knocks lol..
    enjoying a 3 day weekend which I rarely get... and am planning at Thanksgiving time to go to Cape Cod with my dear friend Doris..
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    Heather UK- I too had a restless night! Mine is probably vacation hitters though. Dont know how you have stayed so stable during this whole house event!
    Grand babies leaving- when our oldest was 1, she and her mom moved back home while daddy was out on the aircraft carrier for 2 years. We kept her 5-7 nights a week. To this day, when I think of the day they all left for Florida, I still get heartache and cry. It was so hard!!! Fast forward 10 years, they live down the road, and are so busy we rarely see them!
    Suitcase on it's way to being packed. Need to take trash to dumpster after cleaning out fridge. Wash up truck. Vacuum and shampoo carpet. My lovely daughter said she would come do it next week as well as the Saturday we are coming home. With older dog, it is necessary. Some nights are great, others not so much. It gets too complicated to ask my MIL to lock her in kitchen. Thank goodness the carpet needs replaced anyway as it is over 30 years old.
    Better get day started! Have a blessed one with wise choices!
    <3
    Kylia
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,604 Member
    Options
    Machka- Good for you! You know your husband better than they do.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Wendy: Cream Soda and you are both so lovely in the photo. I hope you’ll post another picture of you together once he is home. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: I’ll happily say “hi” to Boise for you. We plan to go to Art in the Park with DSIL & my husband’s cousin. The last time I went there I bought a day of the week clock. That trip was shortly after I retired & the clock tickled my funny bone. :smiley:

Jennybech3: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Machka: You and your DH are doing so well. I’m happy he is home and you’re able to do the things that you love together again. :heart:

I have been fighting with my computer this morning. Somehow my Word program has been updated and I am frustrated and unhappy with the new version. It is not staying with my choice of fonts, and randomly shifts to something else. I’m not sure how to manage getting it straightened out but I’m working on it. If any of you have had this problem and know how to fix it, please let me know.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,526 Member
    Options
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,106 Member
    Options
    <3
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)