WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Elizabeth in GA: What a cute puppy!!!!! I hope you have a long, happy time together. :star:

Barbie: I am glad that you are feeling a bit better.:star:

Lisa: Sorry about the fall and landing on your poor knee. RICE is a good strategy. I’m glad that things improved overnight! :flowerforyou:

Pip: “Cuddling with father”—Does this make Kirby Doggy Daddy? :wink:

Lesley: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Machka: Happy Spring! :smiley:

I hope to go to yoga today. It seems like I’ve been away for ages and it does wonders for me.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Yup :0)
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Carol I will tell you what CBD oil has done for my 16 year old Yorkie Farley. He has arthritis in his spine & joints, weak back legs, and failing kidneys. Last October, Farley's vet gave us the "if he doesn't eat anything for 3 days in a row, it's time to say goodbye" talk, based on Farley's worsened kidney functions and weight loss. At that time, Farley had poor appetite, slept fitfully, couldn't negotiate the threshhold from the deck into the house without tripping and sprawling, no longer barked, no longer played with the other dogs, & didn't have strength to lift his leg to pee anymore. I figured we had nothing to lose, so I joined the Facebook CBD for Pets group and started learning. I purchased hemp CBD from Bluebird Pharmaceuticals and started him on one drop a day of the lowest concentration, and within a few days, noticed that he was sleeping more peacefully. One thing after another improved, and he now has a good appetite most days, hops into the house from the deck, barks at imaginary enemies (he's nearly blind and deaf), plays keep away with the other dogs, and sometimes lifts his leg to pee. He has gained a few ounces and is a happy little guy. Sometimes he trots around the house so fast I can't keep up with him. Hemp CBD oil helped Farley with quality of sleep, appetite, pain, and mobility. He is up to 3-4 drops per day in his food or rubbed on his gums.

I have no personal experience with CBD oil, either hemp based or marijuana based, but I can attest to the beneficial effects of hemp CBD on my little dog. It was amazing to watch and has significantly enhanced his quality of life.

I believe other women in this group can give you more information, including benefits of THC-containing CBD oil.

Karen in Virginia
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Thank Karen for the info. I am thinking about getting some to help me go to sleep. I am trying to cut down on my wine drinking in the evening but that has been the only way I can get to sleep.

Carol
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    Carol Yeah, alcohol is a double-edged sword. It helps with getting to sleep, but is often associated with early morning awakening and difficulty getting back to sleep. So people sleep 3-4 hours, then are wide awake and can't get back to sleep. It may be worth trying CBD oil. (((Hugs)))
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Thank Karen for the info. I am thinking about getting some to help me go to sleep. I am trying to cut down on my wine drinking in the evening but that has been the only way I can get to sleep.

Carol

Carol - is GA a medical cannabis state? I have used a CBD/THC tincture in a 3:2 ratio purchased at the Cannabis retailer here in town, just 4 or 5 drops does the trick for sleeping when I have back pain.

DH smokes a wee bit, and I mean wee bit of medical cannabis with a similar higher CBD/lower THC ratio before bed and sleeps like a log. Before he started this several months ago, his had poor sleep quality due to arthritis pain and anxiety.

The CBD part is for inflammation; the THC part is for relaxation.

So if pain is the reason you aren't able to sleep, hemp CBD might do the trick and is worth a try if you can find a small amount to try for a few nights. I got a free sample of hemp CBD drops at the health food store in town and I believe it's legal in all 50 states and thru mail order. I like the idea of getting it at a store close by because they should know good brands - you never know what you're buying over the internet. Might cost a little more but it's probably worth it.

Thanks again to Karen for the reference on Bluebird Pharmaceuticals for pet CBD!

Lanette
    SW WA State

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Lanette ~ Thanks for your input. The CBD I have read about online is not supposed to have THC or so little that it is not noticeable. I may try a small amount to see how I react. The reviews I read online were mostly very good concerning it but a few said that it had no effect.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,533 Member
    Options
    Poppp
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,830 Member
    Options
    Been busy here with the holiday weekend. Everyone clearing out today then cleanup. Good exercise!

Gained 2 pounds in August due to so much traveling. Getting back to it!

Same goals as last month.

Get more active
    Change diet to match DASH guidelines.

RV Rita in Roswell New Mexico
  • wildhorsewendy
    wildhorsewendy Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Morning Sisters, It is grey and rainy here today so will try to get some inside projects further along.

Cream Soda arrived home in fine fettle, but was delayed due to traffic on the main highway being backed up from a fatal accident. I found out that it was the son of one of our friend's who was killed, so very sad!

I spent yesterday morning in the hives, finding queens and putting them in the bottom boxes so that I can make my queen cells in the top boxes. It was so soothing to listen to the buzzing of the contented bees going about their jobs. It puts me into a meditative state and I don't notice the passing of time. I did a "practice" run of making cells and have put forty in one of the top boxes. I am not really expecting any to be made into queens as it usually takes a little while of asking, cleaning the queen cells etc before they will make anything in them. Also, it is early in the season so the bees might not get into the mood for a few more weeks. But it's always worth a trial and so much fun to see what's happening in the hives and get into the groove. It was such a nice morning yesterday with the sun shining and no wind, so a good day to try for queens. The weather deteriorated in the afternoon and is cruddy now, so I'm glad I grabbed the golden hour.

In the afternoon yesterday, I went into town to go to my pregnant daughter's 12 week scan. It was so exciting to see my new grandbaby kicking its wee feet and rolling and waving its tiny hands. It was very active! Too early yet to see if it was boy or girl, which my daughter desperately wants to know! LOL But very good to know its measurements were all good and it was very much alive and kicking!

Lisa, your accident could have happened to anybody. Hope you heal quickly. There are things you can put on bruises to speed up healing. I think onion is supposed to be good for that.

Pippin is so cute. I hope you give him plenty of bones to chew on so he always has a "good dog" choice.

<3 Wendy
  • sandispaz
    sandispaz Posts: 3 Member
    edited September 2018
    Options
    Hi All ! New Here - started tracking my food intake yesterday - need to lose 10 lbs that I gained since I retired. am a widow so I cook for 1 - or sometimes for2 and freeze 1 serving for another day

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Wendy: Cream Soda and you are both so lovely in the photo. I hope you’ll post another picture of you together once he is home. :flowerforyou:

Barbara: I’ll happily say “hi” to Boise for you. We plan to go to Art in the Park with DSIL & my husband’s cousin. The last time I went there I bought a day of the week clock. That trip was shortly after I retired & the clock tickled my funny bone. :smiley:

Jennybech3: Welcome! :flowerforyou:

Machka: You and your DH are doing so well. I’m happy he is home and you’re able to do the things that you love together again. :flowerforyou:

Lisa in AR: Your DH is definitely a keeper. :flowerforyou:

Rita: Your RV looks very familiar and home like, although yours looks as though your TV antenna is up and functional. :wink: I hope you love your new situation. :heart: I have a question about your steering wheel. Ours is just the wrong size for the driver to see the instrument panel on the dashboard. Looking around it to try and see the instruments is awkward and not a good situation while traveling on the highway. What size is yours? Do you like it?

I had a lovely yoga class today and enjoyed it. I’m still in an energy lag after the past couple of weeks with houseguest and travel & yoga today helped me stretch out grumpy muscles. I still feel like I need to catch up on rest.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Vickil57
    Vickil57 Posts: 1,785 Member
    Options
    Lisa--Sorry to hear about your fall. Hope you are feeling better soon. It does look really sore.

Machka--Interesting and thanks for sharing. I do learn a lot of different things from you ladies and I enjoy every part of it.

Blessings, Vicki GI NE <3
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Looks nice Rori!!!👍👍💗💗
    Rebecca 💗