WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR SEPTEMBER 2018

Options

Replies

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,433 Member
    Options
    Machka - how thrilling that your DH is doing so well bicycling! And you back to running - you both will be up to speed for spring and summer activities. B)<3

Barbara S Oregon Coast - Centurylink put in fiber several years ago so we have fairly high speed internet. It's lots cheaper than satellite, we actually get better choices of programs we want to watch on Sling.

The "deck guys" are here right now and will get the basics done and finish up tomorrow. Nice to kick back and watch the "kids" do the work, lol.

Lanette
    Sunny and cool SW WA State
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Katla49 wrote: »
    Rebecca: We don’t get weather reported specifically for our little town, either. I have a weather app and get my information from there. Local TV news is based in Portland & reports Portland weather unless there is some unusual weather in a smaller town. That said, I firmly believe that Island weather is its own thing and not like mainland weather. :ohwell:

DS, DDIL & the baby left yesterday to head home. It was a grand visit. I drove them to the airport and came home. We’ve made plans to visit DSIL in eastern Oregon soon. We’ll be traveling in the RV. We’re planning to be there in time to go to an event in Boise called Art in the Park. I’ve been once before and had a lovely time looking at craft items, sculptures and other handmade items.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon

Indeed! I think we have our own micro climate. Even though Everett is even with Oak Harbor, our temperature is never as hot. We have the water around us as an insulating thing. It keeps our temps cool in the summer, and in the winter we aren't as cold as the mainland 👍.
    Rebecca 💗
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :)Elizabet.. Your new puppy is a cutie. Lucky you. Have fun.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,822 Member
    Options
    Pippin is adorable...I have a friend who has a very overweight corgi...her husband is over 300 lbs and feeds the dogs table scraps ..
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,732 Member
    Options
    stat for the day:

other- help painting deck- 1hr, 56min 57sec, 81mhr, 153c
    Apple Watch- 542

total cal 153
  • fanncy0626
    fanncy0626 Posts: 7,152 Member
    Options
    Cute puppy :)
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,894 Member
    Options
    Hello all: It is a beautiful day here today, dry and sunny, not too warm or too cold. The fair is on and I am sure this weather drew a large crowd. Tomorrow is the last day. A friend is moving and she gave me two hydrangeas. They are gorgeous, just need to decide where to put them. I have wanted some for a while, just didn't get them. Doing okay on food today, stuffed green peppers for dinner. People are bringing extra produce from their gardens to church and you can take some and leave a donation that goes to the local food bank.

Rori - Flying to Denver to get to CA only makes sense if you are flying standby. DD's best friend works for United. There were no seats going from SeaTac to Orange County but first class seats available from here to Denver where they met up and then first class available Denver to Orange county so that is what they did. One time they could not get seats from Heathrow home so they flew from Edinburgh to Germany and then home. Since it is all free it doesn't matter to them exactly how they get where they are going.

Wendy - Glad you enjoyed the unicorn. He is unusual. Cream Soda is gorgeous. Hope you get him back with mane intact.

ElizabethGA - Pippin is a cutie. Glad our puppy is past the chew everything stage but she still chews all her toys to bits.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,993 Member
    Options
    :) Feeling even better today but still lying down with only short breaks for meals and computer time.
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    Options
    1621498jxcemrocu1.gif
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,814 Member
    Options
    🦋
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,370 Member
    Options
    <3 Well done NYKAREN. I find having some daytime tv running in the background stops me getting writer's block. It's just company and stops it all being so "important". :D

Lisa - Glad your knee is improving. I'm really wary these days of DIY jobs for that very reason. So easy to do something you'll regret for ages. You had a lucky escape this time! :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx