What We're Eating

Replies

• Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,222 Member
    Breakfast: Omelet with cheddar cheese, avocado, and a ham steak along with green tea

Lunch: Chicken gnocchi soup and crackers

Dinner: A frozen meal of some sort. I have a couple options so will choose later.

Snack: Hot chocolate, tea, or cider
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Breakfast
    Coffee with pumpkin almond creamer & sugar with a bowl of multigrain Cheerios

Lunch
    Mashed potatoes, mushroom risotto patty, carrot & celery sticks with honey mustard for dipping

Dinner
    The pesto/mushroom/artichoke/spinach/provolone wrap pizza thing
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Breakfast
    Chocolate protein shake made with cold brew coffee, swirl of caramel and sugar free chocolate syrup, some chopped pecans dollop of cool whip
    Lunch
    Personal size boboli pizza with mozzcheese, some parmesan cheese and ghardinera on top, side salad with aged balsamic vinegar.
    After lunch
    Few grapes and a cup of coffee with Splenda and half and half.
    Dinner
    Thinking of chocolate covered pretzels and more grapes.
    Thanks for the well wishes, my mom is doing well.
    Mason got the last of his staples taken out and his cone removed..I can't believe how fast he started using his leg. @foreverslim1111 glad you love your paint!!! It's always nice to freshen something up. I TOO think the prep is the worst. I have sooooo many cravings from all the menu's.
    HAPPY WEDNESDAY EVERYONE 😊
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Breakfast: chopped salad of lettuce, cucumber, baby bell peppers, and pumpkin seeds dressed with salt and olive oil. A cup of tea with collagen peptides and oat milk.
    Snack: oat milk latte and half a birthday cake Quest bar.
    Lunch: everything bagel with egg and cheese.
    Snack: baby carrots with hummus.
    Evening: half serve of vegetarian chili with sour cream and tortilla chips. Jasmine tea and a mini mint ice cream sandwich.
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Breakfast: pumpkin overnight oats with brown sugar and roasted edamame

Lunch: coconut-curry-rice chicken and vegetable bake with coconut lime sauce drizzled on top

Snack: a black plum and a lemon pure protein bar

Dinner: cilantro jalapeño chicken salad with arugula on a flatbread, plus a side of cumin-curry roasted carrots

Dessert: no-bake pumpkin bites topped with dark chocolate frosting
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    @hawksgirl229 - Glad it sounds like your mom and puppers are getting better! ♥️

Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Cheetos Jalapeno Mac and cheese with 1 slice turkey bacon chopped and added in, then am extra slice of turkey bacon on the side
    Snack: A cup of mint hot chocolate
    Dinner: Chick Fil A has a new mocha cream cold brew, so we went there so I could give it a try! It was a little lackluster to be honest but everything else was tasty, so.
    Had a grilled chicken sandwich, 1/2 small fries with Chick Fil A sauce, the cold brew, and 10 nuggets.
  • Athijade
    Mason got the last of his staples taken out and his cone removed..I can't believe how fast he started using his leg.

Glad mom and pup are doing well!

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheddar and avocado OR a bagel with cream cheese... green tea no matter what.

Dinner: Baked unbreaded chicken parm, spaghetti, and broccoli

Can I whine for a moment? I can't seem to stick to my plan. I NEED to lose weight. BP is high. Sugars are a bit off. Cholesterol is high. I feel horrible pretty much daily.

I'm not trying to eat too low (goal is 1800 for 1lb a week). No foods are off limits. The biggest changes I am making are making sure I have produce at every meal, watching portions, sticking to "whole" foods 80% of the time, drinking only water 90% of the time, and eating between 8:30AM and 7:30PM (I snack at night too much even if not hungry). But no. I can't seem to stay on plan for more then a few days, MAYBE a week. I keep ordering in. Last night was 2 hot dogs, fries, and a shake from portillos. The day before I swung by McDonalds and got a 2 cheeseburger meal. The day before that? Arby's double beef and cheddar, fries, AND mozzarella sticks. And I feel like *kitten* every single time... but I still do it.

I just don't know what to do.
  • gallicinvasion
    Athijade wrote: »
    Mason got the last of his staples taken out and his cone removed..I can't believe how fast he started using his leg.

Glad mom and pup are doing well!

Breakfast: Scrambled eggs with cheddar and avocado OR a bagel with cream cheese... green tea no matter what.

Can I whine for a moment? I can't seem to stick to my plan. I NEED to lose weight. BP is high. Sugars are a bit off. Cholesterol is high. I feel horrible pretty much daily.

I'm not trying to eat too low (goal is 1800 for 1lb a week). No foods are off limits. The biggest changes I am making are making sure I have produce at every meal, watching portions, sticking to "whole" foods 80% of the time, drinking only water 90% of the time, and eating between 8:30AM and 7:30PM (I snack at night too much even if not hungry). But no. I can't seem to stay on plan for more then a few days, MAYBE a week. I keep ordering in. Last night was 2 hot dogs, fries, and a shake from portillos. The day before I swung by McDonalds and got a 2 cheeseburger meal. The day before that? Arby's double beef and cheddar, fries, AND mozzarella sticks. And I feel like *kitten* every single time... but I still do it.

I just don't know what to do.

That’s tough; I’m sorry! Could you maybe plan in two “order in” nights in your meal plan each week, so that at least your plan is meeting you where you are right now? You could probably reduce it to one over time, but it could be good to start with little successes (“I stuck to my plan of 2 takeout nights instead of going over to 3 or 4”) rather than creating a plan that’s hard to stick to right now.

Also, maybe there’s something about your dinners that make them tough to stick to. Could it be 1) too much time to make them (if you’re super busy every day you might not have the energy to cook dinner) or 2) not planning foods you love and crave into your home dinners (maybe incorporating Home cooked burger night or beef/cheddar sandwich and fries night at home)?
  • gallicinvasion
    My plan today:

Breakfast: pumpkin overnight oats with brown sugar and roasted edamame

Lunch: coconut-curry-rice chicken and vegetable bake with coconut lime sauce drizzled on top

Snack: a black plum and a vanilla almond pure protein bar

Dinner: burger with salsa verde and a little Monterey Jack on a potato bun, maybe a small something on the side (either a salad or maybe dipping sauce of some kind)

Dessert: 250 calories worth of whatever strikes my fancy this evening, probably incorporating dark chocolate. Might be a dark choc snickers ice cream bar, might be peanut butter and dark chocolate bark, might be a pumpkin oat no-bake bite with dark chocolate frosting.
  • Athijade

That’s tough; I’m sorry! Could you maybe plan in two “order in” nights in your meal plan each week, so that at least your plan is meeting you where you are right now? You could probably reduce it to one over time, but it could be good to start with little successes (“I stuck to my plan of 2 takeout nights instead of going over to 3 or 4”) rather than creating a plan that’s hard to stick to right now.

Also, maybe there’s something about your dinners that make them tough to stick to. Could it be 1) too much time to make them (if you’re super busy every day you might not have the energy to cook dinner) or 2) not planning foods you love and crave into your home dinners (maybe incorporating Home cooked burger night or beef/cheddar sandwich and fries night at home)?

Money is also an issue when it comes to ordering in. I can afford it, but I have been spending SO much. But I do think you are right. I can allow myself a dinner or lunch that I can order in weekly or bi weekly. Especially if I get things that can be spread over 2 meals (even if I have to bulk it up with some extra veggies).

And I am super tired most nights and then I don't want to cook. Dealing with other health issues and a lot of fatigue. My therapist thinks I am suffering from a lot of burn out from work. I have been solo doing the job of 2 people since November so I am sure that plays a part in everything. A lot of stress and mental fatigue.

I do think making the foods I crave at home would help. I seem to have an thought that my home cooked dinner have to be this big production, fancy meals. Maybe if I just start making easy items for awhile it will help. I do love to cook... I just need to be more realistic with what I can do atm.

Thank you for your kind words. I greatly appreciate your suggestions.

• pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    Breakfast: turkey sausage egg white pita, grapes

Lunch: Veggie patty on top of romaine arugula cucumber salad. Sesame tamari vinaigrette. A few Sun Chips

Dinner: Black eyed pea salad with burrata and sliced peach. Tomato soup. Slice of sourdough bread. Popsicle

Snacks: carrots and everything hummus
  • hawksgirl229
    @Athijade
    Soooo sorry about all you are going thru❤. Please vent/share anytime, that's what your "menu family" is for. 😊 Support, sharing, kindness and understanding.
    @rainingribbons
    Thanks❤ I saw the commercial for the mocha creme cold brew..It looked sooo good, glad to hear its meh before I went there to try it. Btw between your baking and cooking I wish I were your neighbor..It all sounds delish.
    Breakfast
    Chocolate caramel protein smoothie. Made with cold brew coffee and sugar free caramel syrup. Topped with drizzle of caramel/ chocolate, dollop of cool whip and sprinkle of chopped pecans.
    Lunch
    Personal sized boboli pizza with sausage crumbles, mozzarella cheese, hit of parmesan cheese and ghardinera. Side salad with aged balsamic vinegar and a large diet coke
    After lunch
    A cup of coffee with Splenda and half and half.
    Dinner
    Chocolate covered pretzels and a branch of dark purple grapes.
    Workout
    1 hr full body cardio dvd.( I've been doing that all week.).Errands today and getting our house inside and out decorated for the fall. Then I really should pick a day to clean it😔
    Happy Thursday Everyone
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,601 Member
    Pre-logged this morning:

B. Two cups hot black tea with Splenda. Skillet cooked egg over corn beef hash.

L. Summer protein salad with romaine, chopped tomatoes, green onion plus chopped ham, turkey, cubed jack, cheddar cheeses and sliced hard boiled egg. Dressed with honey mustard dressing. Coffee with milk.

S. Chobani yogurt with chopped fresh strawberries.

D. Premier chocolate protein drink.

Carbs =53, protein = 64 - too low, calories <1200

Weight: 9 lbs to go to get to goal weight.

Activities: 5 minute AT arm workout, 2 sets of 5 overhead lifts with two 15 lb dumb bells. Pool cleaning.

@hawksgirl229 Thank you! Glad your Mom and Mason are doing so well. Dogs are amazing! They heal up so quickly.

@Athijade You got some very good suggestions above. Losing weight is not easy of any of us. I think you are smart not to make any foods off limits. And including produce is very important. I work on that one too.

Here are some suggestions that might help you.

1. Try pre-logging your day. Helps you tweak or eliminate things, makes you think about nutrition more.
    2. Count carbs, try to keep under 80 or so if possible. This helps me control hunger between meals. I try to limit starches and sugars. But still have an occasional piece of bread.
    3. Have a glass of water first when you feel hungry.
    4. Try batch cooking some of your favorite foods then store in single servings in freezer if you can.
    5. Consider replacing one meal with meal replacement drinks that are low in carbs and heavy on protein. I know this is not part of the "clean eaters bible" but this one makes my diet work so much better!!!

Have a great day everyone!
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Breakfast: sourdough toast with butter, sardines, and sliced tomato. Some baby carrots on the side. Tea with collagen peptides and oat milk.
    Snack: instant coffee with oat milk.
    Lunch: spanakopita triangles with side salad of lettuce, cucumber, avocado, and olives.
    Snack: another cup of tea and leftover half of Quest birthday cake bar from yesterday.
    Evening: jasmine tea, pistachios and a mini mint ice cream sandwich.

@Athijade yeah you can vent ❤️ I have surely been there. And I think anyone on a forum like this knows well what we *should* be doing, but that is not the real battle.

Love the practical suggestions here and just wanted to share one because you mentioned eating produce. An old boss of mine had a simple mantra from her nutritionist: can I add a vegetable to this? I still say it to myself all. the. time. So instead of trying do do everything perfectly my boss would just eat what she wanted but with a vegetable. So fine if she wanted a grilled cheese she would have it but with tomato too. An omelette fine but with spinach. Pasta go for it but have that side salad. Over time it really becomes habit and at the very least you feel fuller and get more nutrients. When I’m busy it just takes the form of carrots or cucumber on the side. I also often eat salad for breakfast so that if the day brings surprises hey, at least I ate that salad.

Sending you support and best wishes, you are not alone!
  • silverpl2525
    silverpl2525 Posts: 138 Member
    I don't really have meals, I just eat when I'm hungry, and don't eat when I'm not hungry. Today I had cooked salmon with garlic, ginger, lemon, pepper, and butter. I also had a dish of cooked broccoli and mushrooms with the juices from the fish. For snacks I had a few small bags of cheese crips, these chips made of 100% cheese. Lots of flavored water. So proud!
  • Athijade

Breakfast: Nothing. I was out shopping before I would have gotten hungry

Lunch: Chicken tenders (3) and mac and cheese

Snacks: Hot chocolate, tea, or cider. RX bars. Apples.

Thank you everyone for your kind words and ideas. I was feeling really rough yesterday. Not just about diet but about some other stuff too. I think until I get my mental and emotional health back in control, I'm not sure I can handle calorie counting again. Maybe I should just go back to following my "rules" and keeping an eye on calories... but not log? Maybe this is a question for my therapist haha.

I did grab some frozen meals to keep on hand. Hopefully then if I am over fatigued, I will grab something from out of there or from the pantry (soup or premade curries) instead of ordering in. That just may be what I have to do. As I use up the meat in there (had a Costco trip and stocked up), I will replace with smaller amounts of meat plus premade meals and frozen veggies. As much as I do enjoy cooking, I need to admit to myself that I sometimes just can't do it. So I need to make sure I can still eat decently without having to do the work.

Again. Thank you ALL! I really REALLY REALLY appreciate it. You are all wonderful people to reach out to me when I needed it.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,306 Member
    Today is pretty typical.

Breakfast (I only eat twice a week on harder cardio interval days) -- Panda Puff and Dairy Free Milk. Panda puffs are Gluten free Cap'n Crunch. It's my guilty pleasure. My DF Milk had 10g of protein.

Lunch -- Chickpea pasta w/ Chicken sausage, spinach, pinenuts, sun dried tomatoes and EVOO (and some pecorino) -- last night's dinner left over.

Dinner - Salmon w/ an Asian Peanut Slaw w/ edamame.

Snack - frozen grapes or a homemade pushpop made with juice and DF Yogurt.
  • hawksgirl229
    Breakfast
    Chocolate protein shake made with cold brew coffee and Torani sugar free syrup, drizzle of sugar free chocolate/caramel, dollop of cool whip..Time to pick a new Breakfast, starting to get bored with this for now.
    Lunch
    Vegetarian lasagna, small side salad with aged balsamic vinegar.
    After lunch
    A cup of coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Dinner
    Thinking popcorn and a diet coke.
    Workout 1hr full body workout dvd, errands and yardwork.
    @rainingribbons
    Sorry about your Europe trip (from work) being canceled for now because of covid. Awesome though that your company is sending you. Hope you will be able to go this spring.
    Happy Friday Everyone🥳
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,601 Member
    Pre-logged this morning:

B. Tuna salad on sour dough toast. Side of fresh strawberries

L. Batch cooked chili con carne topped with chopped onions and shredded cheddar cheese.

S. Chobani Greek Yogart topped with chopped strawberries. chicken veg blended soup. Love this soup, very filling.

D. Premier chocolate protein drink.

Carbs = 87, protein = 82, calories <1200.

Activities - 30 minute Hasfit weight workout.

Eight lbs to get to goal.
  • hawksgirl229
    @foreverslim1111
    Congratulations on being so close to goal!!!!