What We're Eating

Replies

• GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    TODAY
    Breakfast:
    My typical breakfast: Coffee and Oatmeal with walnuts, raisins, and cinnamon
    Lunch: 1/2 ham and cheese sandwich, cooked broccoli with Trader Joes thai red curry sauce, 1 cup cantaloupe
    Dinner: Large green salad with lettuce, carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, chciken, 1 oz. shredded cheese, ranch dressing. Banana, yogurt
    Snack: Grooves (crackers), 1/3 cup of peppermint ice cream
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,601 Member
    Pre-logged this morning:

B. Herb tea. Skillet cooked egg over corn beef hash.

L. Summer protein salad made with romaine, chopped tomato, radish red bell pepper, non nitrate deli sliced ham and turkey meat, cubed cheddar and jack cheese and honey mustard dressing. Coffee with milk.

S. Smoked almonds, Batch cooked blended veggie soup.

D. Premier peach protein drink.

Batch cooking things like spaghetti sauce, chili, soup and having a protein drink in place of dinner keeps this pretty simple. And keeping the carbs around 80 or less and protein above 70 means I'm not starving all the time so it's easier to stick to a <1200 calorie day. I'm closing in on my goal weight of 150 than will re-evaluate. Very happy with my progress.

@hawksgirl229 Thank you! So happy to be getting closer to goal!!

Activities: This is what my week looks like ATM: MWF is 30 minute Hasfit weight work out with 5,8 and 10 lb dum bells with Wed being 15 minutes. TTHF and SAT I do 5 minute arm workouts with Annie Taylor then 2 sets of 5 each overhead lifts and curls with Two 15 lb dumb bells. I find there is a nice variety of Hasfit weight workouts on Youtube and still find the arm workouts challenging even with the 2 lb weights. The only equipment I use or need for all of this a set of dumb bells and a floor mat. Of course there is plenty of house and garden chores done in addition. So will only posts changes to this schedule from now on here.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    edited September 2020
    I bought over priced pumpkin spiced bread at aldi yesterday for my high carb days 🍁

My "no carb day"
    B- 2 pieces of no carb aldi bread with 1/2 tbs of butter and a small amount of jelly
    L- Our power was out 😲 I had a ham and low carb wrap with baked bbq chips 🐽
    D- 1.5 italian sausages with salad and mozzie cheese
    S- strawberries with reddi whip
    S- 5aldi honey battered chicken tenders
    Carbs hit about 56 even with my chip situation 😝
    Calories 1200ish
    Workout: Arm and Ab burnout with Sydney burned about 250ish hopefully more 😎
  • ddavenport6962
    ddavenport6962 Posts: 17 Member
    Breakfast : Carmens oats (pouch) with achai berry and coconut - mixed with almond milk.
    Coffee with soy milk
    Lunch : Rye mountain bread wrap , filled with small tin of tuna in springwater , mixed with a teaspoon of soy mayo, and baby spinnach leaves.
    Coffee with soy milk
    Dinner : Lean roast pork ( 100g cooked weight). Steamed cauliflower, brocolli, carrots and dry roasted potatoes.
    Trying to go without gravy so i spray veg with lemon juice - yum
    Snacks: An apple, grapes , manderine or banana .
    Dessert : blueberries with 130 gms yoplait non fat yoghurt.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,222 Member
    Breakfast: Nothing

Lunch: Chicken wings

Dinner: Frozen meal of some sort with a salad

Dessert: apple cheesecake.

I ended up having to take one of my cats to the emergency vet last night due to bad nausea and constant vomiting/dry heaving. Everything came back okay and he has a follow up with his vet later today. He has been drinking with no problem, but when I hand fed him some food (to slow down his eating) it seemed to upset him a bit. He was 100% interested in the food but he gagged a little. Never brought it back up though so that is good. Just want to know what his vet thinks and if there is anything else I can do.

His appointment is right about dinner time and I feel like *kitten* because we were up so late and then I slept horrible because I woke with every noise worried he was being sick again (he wasn't). Thus my day of eating will be junk. It's called surviving. Glad I took a personal day today. Gonna nap after lunch.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: Chobani key lime Greek yogurt, coffee.

Lunch: open-faced tuna sandwich w/ boiled egg & cheddar, a LOT of steamed broccoli, and a smoothie made w/ almond milk, banana, kiwi & strawberries.

Dinner: packet of ham lunch meat and 1.5 Belgian waffles with sugar free syrup and fresh blueberries. More coffee.
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    @donidaily
    Must get to tjs, aldis and biscotti is pretty loud here too🤗
    Breakfast
    2 slices no carb Aldi's seeded bread (toasted) with butter and strawberry preserves.
    Lunch
    1 chicken wing, 2 bbq ribs, side salad, 1/4 cup mac and cheese. 2 bites pumpkin pie and a diet coke..Husband brought lunch home as a surprise.
    Dinner
    Something. Still full I didn't eat until after 1 because of a haircut appointment.
    No workout busy day. My husband and I were suppose to have dentist appointments but office canceled due to an emergency. Lots of errands, but the plus side is my husband watered today👍
    Happy Thursday Everyone
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    Had a massive back issue crop up Sunday and am finally feeling marginally human.

Breakfast: veggie sausage and string cheese

Lunch: Runza and a big Romaine salad

Dinner: quinoa, veggie and pineapple curry salad topped with tofu

Snacks: a few bagel chips
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    Snack: a rice cake with peanut butter before pilates. Cup of tea with collagen peptides and oat milk.
    Breakfast: toast with avocado and tomato, sliced cucumber on the side.
    Snack: a perfect iced latte with oat milk from a cafe that isn’t really close to me I was out running errands waaah.
    Lunch: salad I made up with quinoa, roast pumpkin, spinach, walnuts and ricotta salata, balsamic vinaigrette.
    Snack: a pot of licorice mint tea and a few dark choc chips.
    Evening: a sesame daifuku and half a glass of chardonnay.
  • hawksgirl229
    @Athijade
    I hope your kitty feels better soon❤
  • foreverslim1111
    @Athijade Hope your kitty is much better now and you caught up on your sleep!

B. Herb tea, skillet cooked egg over corn beef hash.

L.Batch cooked chili con carne topped with chopped onions and cheddar cheese.

S. Smoked almonds. Batch cooked blended veggie soup.

D. Premier banana protein drink.

Carbs = 57, protein = 66
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,222 Member
    Breakfast: Breakfast burrito, maybe an apple, tea

Lunch: Frozen meal, salad

Dinner: Smoked sausage with german green beans

Dessert: red velvet cupcake

Kitty update: Nausea meds wore off at some point last night (9? 10? I don't remember). He kept down the water he was drinking with no problem. Just fed them a bit of food so we will see how he does. If he brings it up, I will call our vet. I actually canceled his appointment yesterday after talking to one of the vet techs. Since he was drinking and eating fine, there was no reason to take him in and add stress. I am obviously hoping he keeps the food down sans meds and we are past whatever was making him sick.

A lot of people seem to think I jumped the gun taking him to the emergency vet because he got sick. This cat has NEVER thrown up his food. NEVER. He is over 7 years old. Plus earlier in the day he had been dry heaving and after getting sick he was unsteady on his feet and crying the most pitiful cry. I would rather pay almost $900 to be told everything should be okay, then to just write it off and it be something serious.
  • hawksgirl229
    @Athijade
    Keeping you and kitty in my thoughts. It's hard not to be concerned when anyone we love isn't feeling well. I would have taken my animal in also if I saw any change. I always feel "better safe" especially as our little ones advance in age. Keep us posted❤
    Breakfast
    Chocolate protein smoothie with cold brew coffee and some Torani Carmel syrup. Topped with cool whip and drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup.
    Lunch
    Boca burger(last one in the box) with cheese,ketchup,horseradish sauce,red onion on lettuce bun. Side of pickles and pickled beets. 1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half.
    Dinner
    TBD
    Workout was 45minute full body dvd. YEP, I DID TYPE DVD. Cindy Crawford..can't believe I still have it. It was fun to see how dated it was. On the Plus side, I did like the workout. Some busy work around the house and errands. Next, watering the yard..
    Have a great Friday🍻
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Athijade - So glad your kitty is doing well! Any abnormality is a good reason to take your pet in. I'd rather taken my cat in and know he's fine than not and something have been wrong! <3

@pfillipp - SO jelly of your runza! I was really craving them the other day, especially now after reading your post!
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited September 2020
    Yesterday-
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Snack: 1/2 Lunchable
    Lunch: Slow cooker cuban pork with black beans & veggie mix over rice, tea
    Snack: Other 1/2 of lunchable
    Snack again: More tea
    Dinner: Takeout Thai street noodles and a glass and a half of milk cause I'm a wimp and can't handle spice.....

Today-
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Snack: Lunchable
    Lunch: Slow cooker cuban pork with black beans & veggie mix over rice, tea
    Snack: 1/2 herseys chocolate bar
    Snack: Coffee with cream and chocolate
    Dinner: Likely dijon balsamic chicken thigh with roasted potato and steamed green beans
    Dessert: Likely more chocolate. Special time has started and I just want all the dark chocolate today, calories be darned.
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Breakfast: slice of homemade whole wheat honey pumpkin bread, quark with a little dried fruit and nuts
    Lunch: Quinoa, millet, barley mix with tuna, cucumbers, tomatoes, and feta cheese, 1 square of dark chocolate
    Snack: GoMacro peanut butter chocolate chip protein bar
    Dinner: Quesadilla - cauliflower tortillas, cheddar cheese, bison meat, sauteed peppers, and sriracha, 1 fig
  • foreverslim1111
    Pre-logged this morning:

B. Herb tea. Skillet cooked egg over corn beef hash.

L. Grilled lamb chop with foil packet mixed veggies. Coffee with milk.

S. Smoked almonds

D. Premier banana protein drink blended with banana and vanilla.

Carbs = 62, protein 84 gms.
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    High Carb Day eating at goal trial. I am very close to goal and have to have dental surgery soon so I am testing the waters at keeping my weight steady until my surgery happens because I will lose probably 😌

B- 2 protien cinnamon waffles with 1tbs pb and coffee
    L- Low carb hummus wrap with sour cream and baked chips
    D- 2 hamburger 93/7 hamburger patties with cheese and a biscuit
    S- popcorn and 4 apple pie snap cookies 🐽
    Workout: house cleaning with my teething toddler on my back and 30 minute total body strength with Sydney💪
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    I considered not posting today but decided it’s all part of the process! I was studying on campus (grad school) and haven’t really figured out where or what to eat there…

Snack: a cup of tea with collagen peptides and oat milk, half a caramel sea salt kind bar
    Breakfast: egg and cheese bagel with tapatio, iced coffee, honestly no regrets about this part it was delicious and I had planned to have it after cycling up to school
    Snack: iced oat milk latte with the other half of the kind bar
    Lunch: okay I was going to get a sandwich but I walked into the cafeteria right as they were closing up (at 3pm?) so I grabbed some sad fish and chips from the food warmer thingy but it was all so horrible and soggy I ate the fish with some mayo and chucked the rest, such a bummer
    Evening: I still had to finish a paper when I got home so had a glass of half chardonnay half seltzer and two pumpkin biscotti which are REALLY good!

Real talk from me today, no fruits, no veggies, barely a proper meal…they can’t all be winners
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    @donidaily I really appreciate this post. Not all days can be 100% on point. You did what you could do and that's awesome.