What We're Eating

Replies

• gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Yesterday’s menu:

Breakfast: pumpkin dark-choc -chip baked oatmeal bites, and a black coffee

Lunch: goat-cheese alfredo with hot Italian chicken sausage over spaghetti squash, plus roasted garlic green beans

Snack: blueberries, raspberries, plums, and a cinnamon roll protein bar

Dinner: homemade pesto and chicken meatballs over linguini, plus a side of roasted Broccoli+onions+garlic

Dessert: sugar-free blood orange energy drink, a birthday-cake Kit Kat bar, and a few veggie chips with tzatziki dip.

Ended the day around 1,745 calories!
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    Breakfast
    2 slices Aldi's no carb seeded bread toasted with pbj. 1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Lunch
    1/2 of a rib eye steak on the grill, Sautéed mushrooms and onions. Baked potato with sour cream,Side salad with ranch salad dressing and a diet coke
    Dinner
    Pumpkin smoothie
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,222 Member
    Breakfast: Nothing. Was up and at the grocery early this morning.

Lunch: BLT plus avocado and egg, pretzels with spinach dip, rootbeer

Dinner: Smoked sausage with german green beans

Dessert: red velvet cupcake
  • umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    Breakfast: slice of homemade whole wheat honey pumpkin bread with egg whites, 1/2 of a banana, and 1/2 of a tbsp of peanut butter
    Lunch: Thai chicken salad and couscous salad, 1 square of dark chocolate with whole hazelnuts, 1/2 of an awfully sweet cold brew coffee from Starbucks - yuck
    Snack: a few golden berries
    Dinner: 2 slices of homemade pumpkin pizza with pancetta, gruyere, and caramelized onions, 1 serving of "Midnight Munchies" ice cream
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,601 Member
    Pre-logged:

B. Skillet cooked egg over corn beef hash.

L. Chicken Marsala made with chicken fillets, scallions, portabella mushrooms, chicken broth and of course Marsala wine. Cut down on the butter and oil in the recipe but tasted great anyway. Served with steamed brussel sprouts.

S. Smoked almonds.

D. Premier chocolate protein drink.

Seven lbs to go to get to goal weight.
  • Athijade
    Breakfast: Nothing. Slept in. It was well needed after multiple nights of no sleep due to the sick kitty

Lunch: Smoked sausage with german green beans

Dinner: Shepherds Pie

Dessert: red velvet cupcake

It is supposed to start cooling off drastically overnight. I am SO looking forward to it. Trying to decide what I should bake first.
  • hawksgirl229
    Breakfast
    2 slices Aldi's no carb bread toasted with pbj.
    After breakfast
    Large diet coke while running errands
    Lunch
    Slice of cheese/sausage pizza with parm cheese and some ghardinera on top, large side salad with ranch salad dressing.
    After lunch
    1 cup Coffee with Splenda and half and half during football game
    Dinner
    Pumpkin smoothie with cool whip, drizzle of caramel and sprinkle of pecans. Also bite of McDonald's Pumpkin creme pie (sharing with husband)🍂 🎃 🍂
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Athijade, with the weather cooling down I'm also getting into that baking spirit! Maybe we can swap recipes sometime? (:

Starting shift work tonight (working 5pm-5am, so today's food is gunna be off and def gunna be over on calories.

Lunch: 2 pumpkin spice english muffins, 2 eggs scrambled with onion, red bell pepper, spinach, and mozzeralla, 3 turkey sausage links

Snack: Grande pumpkin spice cold brew

Dinner: Homemade thai red coconut chicken curry with spinach and broccoli over white rice

Snack: Likely more coffee

Breakfast...? (Likely around 2-3am, soooo not really sure what to call this): 1 pumpkin spice english muffin, 2 eggs scrambled with onion, red bell pepper, spinach, and mozzeralla, 3 turkey sausage links. Likely even more coffee.

Probably at least one more coffee somewhere in there.
  • umbramirror
    Breakfast: Cottage cheese with toasted oats, dried figs, pumpkin spice, a little almond butter and blueberries
    Lunch: Salmon hash with two poached eggs and spinach
    Snack: a few golden berries
    Dinner: 1/2 of a homemade hamburger patty with cheddar cheese, a little tortellini salad, and some balsamic string beans
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Not great today 😦
    It was suppose to be low carb but ended at about 90 or 100 😳

B-2 slices no carb bread with pumpkin cream cheese and coffee
    L- 2 low carb hummus wraps 🙆 and a serving of wheat thins
    D- Dreamfields pasta mac and cheese with peas and one chicken strip
    S- wheat thins 😲 and cheese...will not be buying those again I like them tooo much

Calories 1200 which is still low,but I wanted to low carb stress eating I guess 👎
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,601 Member
    B. Strawberry smoothie made with greek yogurt, milk, strawberries, Splenda.

L. Baked coconut shrimp, with mild cocktail dip. Blended veg soup.

S. Smoked almonds.

D. Premier chocolate protein drink.

Sunset on the porch - Perrier pink grapefruit sparkling mineral water with squeeze of lime juice.

Carbs = 95 (a bit too high) protein = 58 (to low) Adjustments tomorrow. But really an occasionally day like this is nice for the variety
  • Athijade
    @Athijade, with the weather cooling down I'm also getting into that baking spirit! Maybe we can swap recipes sometime? (:

For sure! I do not have much practice at baking so this will be pretty new to me. I am excited to learn a new skill though!

Breakfast: 2 eggs, chicken sausage, toast, and tea

Lunch: BLT (with avocado and egg), pretzels with spinach dip

Dinner: Shepherds Pie

Dessert: red velvet cupcake or caramel apple
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    @Athijade - So glad your kitty is doing well! Any abnormality is a good reason to take your pet in. I'd rather taken my cat in and know he's fine than not and something have been wrong! <3

@pfillipp - SO jelly of your runza! I was really craving them the other day, especially now after reading your post!

It was delish!!

• hawksgirl229
    Breakfast
    Chocolate caramel protein shake with cool whip and drizzle of sugar free chocolate syrup
    Lunch
    Vegetarian chili with a warm slice of jalapeño cornbread/butter, side salad with aged balsamic vinegar.
    After lunch (chilly here today)
    1 cup coffee with Splenda and half and half
    Dinner
    TBD
    Workout was VHS Cindy Crawford full body workout number 2(still can't believe I found this and some Jane Fonda ones too).Errands, my mom's dentist appointment last week found that she needs 3 crowns. We now have 6 more appointments. Today is number 1 five left...Happy Monday 🍂
  • danstewartmartin
    danstewartmartin Posts: 8 Member
    edited September 2020
    Breakfast: 2 nutrigrain apple cinnamon bars, 0.5 cups milk with 2 litres of coffee (340 cal)

Lunch: 1 cup chopped broccoli, 1 tablespoon grates parm, 3.8 ounces garlic sausage, 0.5 cup heinz beans (450 cal)

Dinner: 2 cups slow cooker chicken taco mix, 2 tablespoons sour cream (510 cal)

Snack: 3 baby bel cheese, 2 royal gala apples (350 cal)

1650 calories total
  • umbramirror
    Breakfast: Thin-sliced protein French toast sandwich with a little peanut butter and banana; double espresso with a bit of oat milk
    Lunch: Farro with spinach, sautéed peppers, and ground bison; 1 square of dark chocolate
    Snack: Vanilla & cinnamon skyr
    Dinner: 2 slices of homemade pumpkin pizza with pancetta and gruyere; cotton candy grapes
  • gallicinvasion
    gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
    Today’s plan:

Breakfast: pumpkin dark-choc-chip baked oatmeal bites

Lunch: sheet-pan chicken sausage, brussel sprouts, and squash drizzled with honey mustard

Snack: plums and a raspberry chocolate protein bar

Dinner: slow-cooker chicken and gravy, roasted sweet potatoes carrots and onions, and a corn chive scallion griddle cake

Dessert: edible chic-chip cookie dough, and banana cinnamon nice cream with dark choc chips
  • donidaily
    donidaily Posts: 825 Member
    @donidaily I really appreciate this post. Not all days can be 100% on point. You did what you could do and that's awesome.

Thank you so much @umbramirror, I figure if this is for life there are going to be plenty of days where we just have to do our best.

Took the weekend off from the internet (but not from my plan). Onwards!

Breakfast: a rice cake with peanut butter before pilates, cup of tea, then
    Real Breakfast: chopped salad of lettuce, baby bell peppers, cucumber, dressed with salt and olive oil. Toasted sourdough with avocado.
    Snack: iced cold brew with oat milk.
    Lunch: steamed rice, mapo tofu made with soy chorizo, and a pile of broccoli.
    Snack: another cup of tea, this one with collagen peptides and oat milk.
    Evening: jasmine tea, a few pistachios and a lemon kit kat (from the Japanese supermarket, they always get me with the special flavors!) to get me through a late class.
    After class: a black sesame mochi.
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Pumpkin spice english muffin, 2 homemade brownies
    Snack: Hummus and carrot sticks, coffee with creamer
    Lunch: Thai chicken red curry with spinach and broccoli added over rice
    Snack: Greek yogurt with raspberries
    Dinner: Thai chicken red curry with spinach and broccoli added, no rice this time
    Late night snack: Leftover slice of pizza

Hope I packed enough food todaaaaaay, this weird schedule is throwing my hunger pangs off and I've been way hungrier than normal!
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Having bad teeth pain today I guess I will be going to the dentist this week 😧
    "No carb for me day"
    B- 2 pieces of no carb toast with pumpkin cream cheese and coffee
    L- Low carb tortilla pizza this was so good and filling
    D-keto chicken broccoli alfredo no noodles
    D2- dreamfield pasta mac and cheese with peas
    S- low carb pumpkin muffin with pumpkin spice reddi whip from aldi

I had two dinners because I was super low on calories
    Calories:1250
    Workouts: 30 minute total body workout with sydney and an evening walk with the kiddos
    Calories burned 400ish huge guesstimation