Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

What We're Eating

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,740 Member
    Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with spinach, mushrooms, parmesan, and red pepper flakes. 1 slice of multigrain bread with a little butter, 1 slice turkey sausage. Coffee with creamer.
    Snack: K-cup Mocha
    Lunch: Salad with carrots, cucumber, tomatoes, balsamic vinegar, and tuna.
    Dinner: Ethiopian chicken and lentils.

Down 700 calories still, so likely either going to pitch in if co-workers get takeout tonight (night shift) or raid the snack area.

Rainingribbons, you have made me crave Ethiopian food lately! Sadly I'd have to drive 3 hrs to the nearest Ethiopian restaurant, dang it. <3
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Breakfast: None
    Snack: None
    Lunch: P:rime Rib sandwich with a side salad (ate out since I was out and about shopping)
    Snack: Half a peanut butter cookie cupcake
    Dinner: Alice springs chicken, half a baked potato, and roasted asparagus
    Snack: Half a peanut butter cookie cupcake
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Rainingribbons, you have made me crave Ethiopian food lately! Sadly I'd have to drive 3 hrs to the nearest Ethiopian restaurant, dang it. <3

You could always make it at home! Just have to have a million spices haha. That's what we ended up doing. c:
    Here's the recipe we used, they also have a tofu variation if you're into that kind of thing!
    https://www.feastingathome.com/crispy-berbere-chicken-with-ethiopian-lentils/
  • rainingribbons
    Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled with spinach, tomatoes, parmesan, and red pepper flakes. 1 slice turkey bacon, and a chocolate peanut butter protein shake.
    Snack: Coffee with oat milk.
    Lunch: Greek yogurt with mixed berries and protein granola
    Dinner: Shephard's Pie with peas, carrots, and onion

Still down around 500 calories after working out, so likely also getting a snack if the co-workers eat out tonight.
  • seltzermint555

You could always make it at home! Just have to have a million spices haha. That's what we ended up doing. c:
    Here's the recipe we used, they also have a tofu variation if you're into that kind of thing!
    https://www.feastingathome.com/crispy-berbere-chicken-with-ethiopian-lentils/

This is great - thank you!! We do both chicken and tofu over here, but may try this. We do have a lot of spices and can always get more (I think most of this)! nice.
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast - toaster waffle w/ strawberries, fried egg, basil herb cheese wedge & coffee.

Lunch - small original at Schlotzsky's, water & iced coffee.

Dinner - teriyaki hibachi-style chicken & lots of veggies, partial serving steamed rice, 1/2 bowl egg drop soup.

After - grapefruit vodka mixed w/ seltzer (double)

Even later - 2 graham crackers with chocolate & peanut butter, mug of chai tea.

Today was a big day of hiking and yoga. Very tired!
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    Aww hiking sounds fun!

B- 2 packets lower sugar maple and brown sugar oatmeal and coffee
    L- hummus with bell peppers, grapes, cottage cheese mixed with peas, and baked chips
    S- Special K chocolate pastry crisps
    D- dreamfields mac and cheese with peas
    S- I tried Enlightened ice cream for the first time it was good, but for 5 bucks I will stick with halo top because it has less macros per container
    S- Lances butter popcorn

This was stress eating at its finest but I still didn't go over
    Workouts: Sydney Cummings 30 minute ab and cardio from today and a walk with the kiddos 🐞

LORD JESUS bless 💟
  • LazyBlondeChef
    LazyBlondeChef Posts: 2,809 Member
    edited April 2021
    Breakfast: espresso over ice (no sweetener)
    Lunch: low fat cottage cheese, kalamata olives
    Happy Hour: baked brie with crostini & apple, sparkling wine flight
    Dinner: pork dumplings, yellowtail and albacore sashimi, cocktail
  • hawksgirl229
    hawksgirl229 Posts: 467 Member
    🐇 HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE 🐇
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast - French toast with strawberries, coffee.

Lunch - tamale casserole w/ black beans, peppers, onions & cheddar...salsa & sour cream.

Afternoon Snacks - bagel thin w/ strawberry cream cheese, fresh pineapple, 4 pieces of Easter candy (small size), plain iced coffee.

Dinner - turkey sandwich w/ lettuce & pickles, baked sweet potato.
  • rainingribbons
    Happy Easter to those who celebrate!

Breakfast: A few jalapeno ranch Ruffles. Coffee with oat milk, 2 eggs scrambled with spinach and a slice of turkey bacon
    Lunch: Sushi
    Snack: Chocolate peanut butter protein shake
    Dinner: Leftover shepherd's pie
    Snack: Greek yogurt, berries, and granola
  • jrg092488
    jrg092488 Posts: 1 Member
    B:French vanilla slim fast scoop 2 cups milk 1 cup of cold Folgers from coffee machine at work

L:1 piece of Tyson Chicken Breast quarter 6 oz and side 1.5 cup of scalloped potato

Dinner: 1 piece of Tyson Chicken Breast quarter 6 oz and 1 cup of steamed asparagus eicess side .75 cup of scalloped potato

snack 2 bites of brisket
  • AshHeartsJesus
    AshHeartsJesus Posts: 460 Member
    What a pretty warm day 🌻

B- 4 protien pancakes with pb2 and jelly with coffee
    L- deli ham, greenbeans, hummus, and baked chips
    S- 2 pastry crisps
    D- 2 chicken tacos
    S- enlightened ice cream
    S- Lance butter popcorn

Workout: walk with the babies, and a 30 minute stretch

LORD JESUS bless 💟
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Brunch: uncured beef pastrami, nut thins
    Dinner: aged grass fed beef tenderloin, Portuguese mashed potatoes with Spanish chorizo, sautéed asparagus, spinach salad
    Snack: Dark Chocolate Cherry Kind Bar
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast - coconut chocolate chip Greek yogurt, coffee.

Lunch - shrimp egg roll w/ Thai chili sauce for dipping and stir fry veggies.

Dinner - veggie meatballs, wheat penne & homemade marinara with tons of mushrooms, peppers & onions in it. Later probably some Peeps!
  • rainingribbons
    Pre breakfast: A few jalapeno ranch Ruffles, coffee with oat milk
    Breakfast: Egg shakshuka over rice
    Snack: Chocolate peanut butter protein shake
    Lunch: Salad with tuna, cucumber, tomato
    Snack: greek yogurt, berries, and granola
    Dinner: Protein pancakes with either nutella or peanut butter
  • LazyBlondeChef
    Brunch: uncured beef pastrami, low fat cottage cheese, olives
    Dark Chocolate Cherry Kind Bar
    Dinner: leftover Portuguese mashed potatoes w/spanish chorizo, salad of power greens, tomato, olives, avocado, olive oil
    Snack: so delicious key lime coconut yogurt w/meusli & tart dried cherries
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast - 2 slices avocado toast with "everything bagel" seasoning, coffee.

Lunch - Braum's junior hamburger w/ pickle & ketchup, small fry & diet cola.

Dinner - large baked potato with TVP "taco meat", steamed broccoli, side salad with green onion, cilantro & diced radish w/ a little ranch.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Sorry I was gone for a few days. Life got crazy!

Breakfast: Banana and fresh pressed apple juice
    Snack: None
    Lunch: Bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and egg sandwich on whole wheat with sliced bell pepper and cucumber with spinach dip as a side
    Snack: Milkey Way mini
    Dinner: Taco salad. Ground chicken mixed with bell pepper, onion, and green chili on top of lettuce and then topped with black olives, cheese, avocado, salsa, black beans, and sour cream. Had a few tortilla chips with it.
    Snack: Last of the Samoa cookies (I was WAY under calories)
  • sharsunny
    sharsunny Posts: 5 Member
    Breakfast - 2 chaffles with pepperoni and guacamole
    Lunch - Egg Salad in a medium tomato
    snack - avocado with lime