What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: 1/2 sliced avocado, fried egg, 1/4 block of Wensleydale cheese with white chocolate & raspberries (Aldi valentine special), black coffee
    Lunch: English-style pasty with a Cajun-style spicy ground beef, pork & bell pepper filling and remoulade sauce for dipping
    Snack: cream filled donut, black coffee
    Dinner: 3 oz roast beef lunch meat, carrots, celery & garlic hummus, Oloves olive packet and a D'Anjou pear
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Meal 1 (brunch out with friends):
    *7-grain bagel with scrambled eggs, lettuce, tomato, and onion
    *a lot of home fries with peppers and onions, which I dipped into a small amount of Carolina barbecue sauce

Snack 1 (out doing work at Starbucks):
    *16oz Starbucks unsweetened iced green tea
    *a small free sample of Starbucks mango dragonfruit iced tea that they were handing out. It tasted sort of like the dragonfruit flavored Vitamin Water that I used to frequently have after track practice back in high school, but now it's way too sweet for me to have more than the tiny sample.
    *ONE protein bar in lemon cake flavor from the Vitamin Shoppe nearby. They were on sale so I stocked up and also got my vegan protein powder on sale!

Snack 2:
    *some unsweetened cashew milk

And that's it for today because I think I ate over my calorie limit yesterday so I'm eating a few hundred calories under today.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: 3 slices homemade French toast different ways (butter, blueberry all fruit, peanut butter & sugar free syrup). Black coffee.
    Lunch: small baked potato with TVP "taco meat", onions, peppers, and sour cream. Large portion steamed broccoli.
    Dinner: tilapia and a bowl of carrot, zucchini & butternut squash soup made in the Vitamix
  • guil0095
    guil0095 Posts: 327 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    breakfast: half a cup of cottage cheese, and a cup of diced strawberries

lunch: my fitness pal recipe : shaved brussel sprout salad

dinner: homemade vegetarian chili

snacks: handful of roasted almonds & cinnamon chai tea
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Not interested in the Super Bowl so no party foods for me today.

Meal 1 (local Thai restaurant):
    *vegetable tom yum soup (basically just vegetables in a translucent spicy and salty broth)
    *fried rice with vegetables, fried tofu, and scrambled egg
    *a pot of hot unsweetened green tea

Snack 1 (Starbucks):
    *16oz unsweetened iced green tea

Meal 2:
    *Vitamin Shoppe PLNT vegan chocolate protein powder mixed in water (Finally returned the awful Quest protein powder and got this instead. Not sure why everyone loves Quest so much. It tasted like awful fake flavoring to me. On top of that it had weird brown particles in it and the company didn't know what they were when I emailed them, AND it didn't even dissolve in water and instead just clumped up!)
    *12oz of plain lowfat kefir
    *whole-wheat pita with no sugar or salt added natural almond butter, and 100% fruit marmalade

Meal 3 (will have after grocery shopping):
    *Amy's Organic non-dairy bean and rice burrito
    *a tomato

95g protein today...burrito has white flour...technically I don't think I had much refined sugar since the marmalade is made with fruit juice concentrate instead....
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Millville protein bar - peanut, dark chocolate & almond
    Lunch: homemade spicy chicken meatballs, steamed broccoli and pineapple
    Afternoon snack: baby carrots with spinach dip and Millville Fiber Now soft baked lemon bar
    Dinner: breaded & baked tilapia fillet and tater tots
  • BrindleRun
    BrindleRun Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Today’s
    Breakfast: Cup of Raisin Bran with 1/2 cup 2% milk and coffee with 2 tb of half and half

Lunch: 1 egg omelet with veggies and American cheese wrapped in a tortilla and 1 cup of grapes

Snack: going to be a gala apple

Dinner: going to be leftover homemade veggie pizza and a Homemade m&m cookie
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Wedge salad with seitan bacon, bread and butter pickles, and cashew ranch

Lunch: Thai ramen with peanut sauce, Clif nut butter bar

Dinner: Spinach salad with garlic vinaigrette and seitan

January was a really rough month (my dog died, I had a terrible case of the flu) and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Breakfast = oatmeal with melted cheddar, salt and pepper; green apple

Lunch = peanut butter sandwich with natural peanut butter on honey wheat; banana

Dinner = corn flake/Parmesan crusted chicken fingers; steamed green peas; Caesar side salad
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

January was a really rough month (my dog died, I had a terrible case of the flu) and I'm trying to get back into the swing of things.

Sorry to hear about your dog! It's always hard when a family member passes. <3

• rainingribbons
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer, greek yogurt with chia seeds
    Lunch: Leftover meatballs in chili sauce, roasted squash
    Snack: 1 cup of English tea with milk and sugar, 4 Russian Tea Cake cookies.
    Dinner: Shrimp, spinach, tomato, and feta bake over couscous.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: steel cut oats cooked with almond milk and dried cranberries & 8 pecan halves. Coffee.
    Lunch: large serving of refried beans with spices and toppings (peppers, onions, salsa & sour cream) and a side salad of shredded lettuce & diced tomato.
    Dinner: homemade very thin wheat crust pizza with tomato sauce, onions, peppers, mushrooms & sparingly used pepper jack cheese. 3 slices = 431 calories. Fresh pineapple for "dessert".
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: key lime yogurt, miniature apple; hazelnut almond-milk latte at work.

Lunch: I'm thinking Subway -- turkey sub, lots of vegetables -- but my son is home sick today and may want comfort food, in which case I'll have to pick up McDonald's, right? Right. This is pure logic.

Dinner: quick rice bowls with chicken, broccoli, cauliflower, and lemony gravy.

I'm still trying not to snack because of severely reduced activity, but I have crackers, cheese, and apples on hand if I need a little something more.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Potato, black bean, and swiss chard hash
    Amy's kitchen vegan burger on a whole grain bun with spinach, vegan mayo and ketchup.
    Banana
    Rice and amaranth pasta, red beans, and cabbage stew/soup
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: scrambled egg, brioche toast with yogurt butter, mini apple, iced moka.

Lunch: the last half-serving of Monday's nachos (seasoned ground beef, black beans, tomatoes, scallions, jalapeno slices, jack cheese), baby carrots and tomato slices.

Dinner: last night's leftovers transmuted into a broccoli/chicken/rice casserole by the magic of cheese sauce.

Snacks: last night the hangry got to me and I ended up mowing down a couple handsful of chips, so I'm going to let myself snack on fresh fruit at work and yogurt before bed today.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: vanilla Greek yogurt w/ walnut pieces mixed in, coffee
    Lunch: split peas, 1 oz. sharp cheddar, 1/2 Gala apple, Russell Stover dark chocolate raspberry heart (110 cal)
    Dinner: 2 crunchy fish fillets, 1 serving steak fries, and a bowl of broccoli slaw drizzled with Thai chili sauce
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Waffle with sunflower seed butter

Lunch: Waffle with seasoned tofu, collard greens, and spicy maple syrup; Clif nut butter bar

Dinner: Black bean and seitan stew with lemon tofu cream and pickled radishes
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,401 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Breakfast, as ever: 40g oats mixed with 8gr raisins and 88g skyr and whatever fruit I find at work
    During daytime: 4 slices of bread, two with cheese, two with turkey or chicken breast. 1 wafer bar
    After dinner: 1 waferbar
    Dinner today was a stirfry with okra, chicken breast, onion, cherry tomatoe, spices with lots of berbere, a tiny pinch of smoked paprika, a pile of peanut mash (I can't stand the taste and smell of peanut butter and rather use my mortar and pesle to make some myself), and a bit of lemon juice to lift the taste. Served with rice. This will be good for 3 dinners.
  • rainingribbons
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Morning snack: Greek yogurt with strawberries
    Lunch: BLT on sourdough with a lentil hummus as the spread, almond Snickers bar
    Afternoon snack: cup of tea, maybe a few Ruffles
    Dinner: Spinach, Shrimp, tomato, and feta bake over couscous.
    If I'm still hungry after dinner I'll probably have another cup of tea.
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Chia pudding with berry compote

Lunch: Toast with a couple slices of vegan cheese and vegan bologna. Sauteed rapini and king oyster mushrooms.

Snack: Salad - Lettuce, purple cabbage, tomato, cucumbers with a creamy garlic dressing. 4 pieces of falafel.

Dinner: Roasted potatoes, Gardein turk'y roast, green beans with mushroom gravy