What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: boiled egg, 1 freezer waffle with butter & sugar free syrup, 3 oz blackberries, coffee
    Lunch: homemade butternut squash soup, another boiled egg, 3 pieces of Valentine chocolate
    Dinner: chickpea zucchini stew over brown rice
    Later: boba tea smoothie, probably pineapple
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Basmati rice and oats with tamari-nutritional yeast dressing, a spinach-pumpkin seed veggie burger, and guacamole

Lunch: Roasted vegetables (sweet potatoes, carrots, jalapenos, cabbage, potatoes, and onion) with Field Roast sausage, dill pickle cashews

Dinner:
    Pizza with vegan cheese and jalapenos
  • laurenq1991
    laurenq1991 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Meal 1:
    *poppy seed bagel with Pure Blends coconut vegan butter (I usually avoid keeping anything with white flour around the house but my MIL brought home some bagels for us for some reason)
    *leftovers -- a small amount of whole-wheat spaghetti with lima beans and mushrooms
    *more leftovers -- vegetables sauteed in olive oil (fresh spinach, frozen spinach, tomatoes, and frozen stir fry blend) with nutritional yeast, garlic and onion powder, red pepper flakes, paprika, and black pepper
    *a grapefruit
    *Polar vanilla seltzer

Snack:
    *Wholesome Pantry plain whole-milk yogurt
    *four squares Endangered Species almond and sea salt dark chocolate
    *two mugs decaf English breakfast tea with 1/2 cup unsweetened cashew milk in each

Dinner:
    *Field Roast Italian vegan sausage and green bell pepper, both sauteed in olive oil, over red lentil pasta. This was delicious and will probably become a staple recipe for me. I definitely recommend the Field Roast sausage.
    *salad -- celery, radish greens, tomato, baby carrots, mini cucumber, radishes, McCormick black garlic seasoning

totals: white flour in bagel, around 9g refined sugar, 98g protein
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Breakfast = 2 slices honey wheat toast with 1 tbsp natural peanut butter, banana

Lunch = oatmeal with zucchini for volume, melted cheddar, salt, and pepper; fresh strawberries

Dinner = pulled turkey, BBQ baked beans, maybe some potato chips

Snack = 1 fun size Twix
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: fried egg, 1/2 avocado, 3 oz blackberries, coffee
    Mid-morning snack at work: chocolate cupcake with a ton of frosting shaped like a freaking teddy bear on a heart. Why!? haha oh well, once a year.
    Lunch: big bowl of homemade veggie soup & 1/2 grilled cheese sandwich
    Dinner: spinach & crab ravioli with cauliflower alfredo sauce, asparagus spears, and a slice of homemade vegan cheesecake with raspberries
  • laurenq1991
    Options
    Meal 1:
    *another poppy seed bagel. Will be happy when these are out of the house.
    *leftovers -- Field Roast vegan sausage and green bell peppers, both sauteed in olive oil, over lentil penne

Snack:
    *16oz of Lipton Pure Leaf unsweetened iced black tea (usually avoid getting tea in plastic bottles but I already drank from my water bottle so didn't want to take it to Dunkin Donuts)
    *Clif Bar, nut butter filled peanut butter kind. I have never had this before but it was really good. It might become my emergency on the go food since it has a decent amount of calories and balance of macros, travels well, and tastes good. It does unfortunately have refined sugar but it's not that much compared to some of the other bars. I might also try to make a healthy no refined sugar version of Clif bars to have for breakfast at home.

Meal 2: we went out to dinner for Valentines' Day but since it was around 10 PM and we don't generally make a big deal of Valentines' we ended up going to the local diner (it's a nice diner, not a greasy spoon LOL)
    *wrap with fresh mozzarella, pesto, and grilled vegetables (greens, portobello mushrooms, red peppers, zucchini, eggplant, tomato). I think the wrap was whole-wheat but not 100% sure.
    *side salad (spring greens mix, tomato, carrots, and red onion) with balsamic vinaigrette (might try to see if I can get the side salad dressing free next time)

But seriously...eating out is the hardest thing to manage. I got one of the "healthier" choices and it's good that I had about 1100 calories left because I'm pretty sure it took up all of them! I'm also way over my fat macros for today. I don't know how people manage eating out. Since I don't eat meat that limits the choices even more. The diner also has some really beautiful cakes. Today they had a rainbow one (maybe for all the same-sex couples celebrating Valentines' Day?) and a really good looking Oreo one...I was tempted but I quoted Dr. Now to myself "fancy cake is not on the diet plan." Not even going to eat any Valentines' candy tonight since I'm already way over fat.

goals: not sure on white flour since the wrap might have not been whole wheat, not sure on refined sugar but probably around 15-20g, approximately 94g protein
  • JessAndreia
    JessAndreia Posts: 540 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Tricolor quinoa with black beans, mushrooms, olives, spinach, and a few vegan chick'n strips
    Small vegan poutine. Kale and arugula salad.
    Toast with a couple slices of vegan cheese and ham
    Lentil soup
    Peach
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: giant iced moka (so tired), Greek yogurt, blackberries & raspberries, toaster waffle with yogurt butter.

Lunch: leftover meatballs and garlic bread, sliced tomato, broccoli.

Dinner: fish sandwiches (baked breaded cod, lemon mayo, lettuce, tomato, kaiser roll) and crudites (broccoli, cherry tomatoes, celery, baby carrots), possibly also a couple of cocktails.

Snacks: I'm exhausted. Who even knows. I make terrible choices when I'm this tired.
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: orange cream Greek yogurt, coffee
    Lunch: leftover roasted butternut squash soup, 1 boiled egg, 3 small oatmeal butterscotch cookies & Earl Grey tea
    Dinner: tamale casserole with black beans, peppers, tomatoes & sour cream
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: instant oatmeal - cinnamon & spice
    Lunch: homemade egg salad on a Sandwich Thin with strawberries
    Afternoon snack: string cheese and veggie sticks
    Dinner: breaded & baked tilapia, with roasted potatoes and a small side salad
    After dinner snack: maybe some tortilla chips & salsa, we'll see
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Basmati rice and oats with tamari dressing and guacamole

Lunch: BBQ pinto bean-seitan burger, refried black beans, dill pickle cashews

Dinner: Black bean and seitan stew with lemon-parsley tofu cream
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Lunch: BBQ tofu salad with lettuce, carrot, black beans, and avocado
    Afternoon snack: 2 slices of leftover homemade pizzay boyfriend and I made for Valentine's. c:
    Dinner: probably a brownie made by a friend, topped with ice cream. Maybe leftover homemade chocolate covered strawberries.
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    B: 5 slices Canadian bacon, 3 eggs, some added eggs whites, reduced-fat shredded cheese melted over all of it. Coffee with half and half.
    S: giant chicken taco salad. Loads of shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, Quesadilla cheese, salsa Verde, sour cream, Guac and lots of boneless, skinless chicken thigh, seasoned with homemade taco season, then grilled and diced.
  • seltzermint555
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Breakfast: Morningstar veggie sausage link rolled up in a cooked egg with salsa, 1/2 orange, coffee
    Lunch: 1/4 Muffuletta sandwich, small side salad with artichokes and avocado
    Snack: chocolate baked donut & blueberry baked donut, coffee
    Dinner: sushi, seaweed salad & edamame

We're celebrating my husband's birthday today so lots of restaurant food and snacks. I want to fit in a long bike ride between the donuts and sushi!
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Two leftover chocolate covered strawberries
    Lunch: Scramble made from 3 eggs, cheese, a bit of milk, mushrooms, and bacon
    Snack: Probably more strawberries, a cup of coffee or tea
    Dinner: BBQ tofu salad consisting of lettuce, black beans, tomatoes, and carrots
    Dessert: "Slutty" brownie topped with 1 scoop of chocolate ice cream
  • laurenq1991
    Options
    Friday:
    Meal 1:
    *plain whole-milk yogurt
    *Amy's Organic non-dairy bean and rice burrito
    *onion bagel (last one!)
    *a tiny amount of leftover red lentil penne (for some reason my husband ate all the pasta except a tiny bit)
    *16oz of unsweetened extra creamy oat milk

Snack 1:
    *16oz of Lipton Pure Leaf unsweetened black iced tea
    *Clif bar, nut butter filled peanut butter flavor

Meal 2:
    *Nasoya fortified tofu sauteed in olive oil with radish greens, black pepper, paprika, crushed red pepper, and turmeric, over whole-wheat spaghetti
    *salad -- celery, tomato, baby carrots, radishes, mini cucumber, McCormick black garlic seasoning

Snack 2:
    *caramels from Valentines' Day

Saturday:
    Meal 1:
    *protein shake with Vitamin Shoppe PLNT vegan chocolate protein powder and unsweetened extra creamy oat milk
    *Ezekiel 4:9 golden flax cereal with plain whole-milk yogurt and frozen mixed berries
    *Clif bar, nut butter filled peanut butter flavor

Snack 1:
    *16oz Starbucks unsweetened iced green tea
    *black tea made with strawberry and cucumber infused water (at fancy coworking space that I had a meeting at)

Meal 2 (while doing work at Panera):
    *Pick Two with Baja mac and cheese (has avocado and pico de gallo) and ten vegetable soup
    *baguette on the side
    *raspberry almond thumbprint cookie
    *32oz unsweetened plum ginger hibiscus herbal tea

Meal 3:
    *leftover whole-wheat spaghetti with tomato, radishes, nutritional yeast, black pepper, and paprika

Snack 2:
    *16oz of unsweetened cashew milk
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Just polished every one of these off, destroying the evidence that they even existed. Made them, it’s one of my favorite recipes when I have the time. “Costs” out at about 750 calories.

Trader Joe’s organic and gluten-free polenta. Topping is sautéed onions, sweet mini peppers, cherry tomatoes and sun-dried tomatoes (diced) sprinkled with ground basil and splashed with balsamic vinegar. Sautéed on stovetop on low for about 9 minutes.

As they say in Italia, era squisito!”

9tv2jm5p8r9i.jpeg

• seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter & strawberry jam, coffee
    Lunch: tamale casserole (masa, black beans, tomatoes, tons of peppers and a little cheddar melted on top), baby spinach and arugula side salad with ranch
    Dinner: 2 chicken chunks, pea salad, and green beans.
  • laurenq1991
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Not the healthiest day today :(

Meal 1 (local Mexican restaurant):
    *restaurant-made blue and yellow corn chips with red and green salsas
    *salmon burrito bowl with grilled salmon, rice, beans, shredded cheese, guacamole, corn, pico de gallo, and lettuce

Snack 1 (doing work at Starbucks yet again):
    *16oz unsweetened iced green tea
    *Money on Honey wildflower honey caramels

Meal 2 (doing laundry):
    *slice of pizza from local pizza place
    *about 1/3rd of an Italian rice ball with marinara sauce (they gave it to my husband for free since it was near closing time...however there turned out to be ground pork in the middle and we are vegetarian and pescetarian respectively so we ate around that part)

Snack 2 (still putting away the laundry at 2:15 AM):
    *Clif Bar nut butter filled coconut almond butter flavor
    *Planet Oat unsweetened extra creamy oat milk

Overall: 96g protein, not even going to count white flour and refined sugar
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    Breakfast = oatmeal with melted cheddar, salt, and pepper (I ran out of zucchini 😢)

Lunch = turkey sandwich with American cheese on honey wheat bread, fresh strawberries

Dinner = spaghetti and meatballs