What We're Eating

Replies

• kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    Breakfast- coffee & nature valley bar
    Snack- 1/2 ruby grapefruit & buttered wheat toast
    Lunch- veggie burger patty on an English muffin with cucumbers and Vermont sharp cheddar
    Snack- small serving of chicken pot pie
    Dinner- pasta and veggie Alfredo
  • kbushe3221
    kbushe3221 Posts: 176 Member
    kbushe3221 wrote: »
    Breakfast- coffee & nature valley bar
    Snack- 1/2 ruby grapefruit & buttered wheat toast
    Lunch- veggie burger patty on an English muffin with cucumbers and Vermont sharp cheddar
    Snack- small serving of chicken pot pie
    Dinner- pasta and veggie Alfredo
    I ended up snacking on some takis and cheese it’s 😳😣🥵

• umbramirror
    umbramirror Posts: 256 Member
    edited July 2019
    Breakfast:
    Apple protein pancakes with 88% dark chocolate pieces and Siggi's 0% skyr with raw wildflower honey

Morning snack:
    Detour Smart cookie dough gf oatmeal bar; nitro cold brew

Lunch:
    Grilled chicken salad (shredded lettuce, seasoned grilled chicken, melted cheddar cheese, black beans, green bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and avocado)

Afternoon snack:
    Protein smoothie (Sunwarrior vegan protein, banana, carrot, cold brew coffee, and 100% cocoa powder) [Smoothie King]

Dinner:
    Sauteed shrimp and broccoli with tzatziki sauce, and a small baked sweet potato with lemon dill hummus, cucumbers and tomatoes [Minimalist Baker recipe adaptation]; Godiva dark chocolate lion of Belgium truffle
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    Breakfast: grapes, Trader Joe’s chicken apple breakfast sausages

Lunch: white bean soup, string cheese

Snack: cherries, veggie chips

Dinner: asian ground beef and rice, steamed broccoli with lime, Black Forest cake from my son’s cooking camp
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Breakfast: rye toast with butter, 1/2 pink grapefruit, fried egg & cold brew coffee

Lunch: chickpea curry with mixed vegetables (fairly large serving) & apple cinnamon tea

Dinner: baked flatbread with mushrooms and fresh herbs topped with a little provolone. Smoothie made from 1 banana, coconut milk, hemp protein powder, decaf coffee & cacao nibs.
  • maureenseel1984
    maureenseel1984 Posts: 397 Member
    Breakfast: Overnight oats with peanut butter, dried mango
    Snack: Grapes/cherries (about a cup total)
    Lunch: big bag-o-veggies with spicy hummus, string cheese, tuna
    Dinner: Ahi tuna steak (teriyaki style) with stir fried veggies and Soba noodles
  • rainingribbons
    rainingribbons Posts: 1,051 Member
    Breakfast: Coffee with creamer
    Snack: Oikos greek yogurt
    Lunch: Meatballs with greek salad consisting of tomato, cucumber, olives, red onion, and feta, some of it stuffed in 1/2 a pita
    Snack: Cherry coke zero, either a protein shake (made with water) or strawberries
    Dinner: Pesto pasta containing chicken, sundried tomatoes, and zucchini
    Dessert: Whatever I didn't have for the second snack!
  • pfillipp
    pfillipp Posts: 101 Member
    Breakfast: avocado spread on toast, strawberries

Snack: latte

Lunch: cheese enchilada, beans, corn, cherries

Snack: cheese

Dinner: whole wheat spaghetti, marinara, ground beef, romaine salad
  • Salutary7
    Salutary7 Posts: 7 Member
    Breakfast: Oatmeal, chia seed, plain non-fat greek yogurt, vegetable juice, almonds

Lunch: Spring mix, homemade pork loin and red lentil soup

Dinner: Baked chicken thigh and cauliflower

Snacks: Celery, milk, protein powder, watermelon
  • umbramirror
    Salutary7 wrote: »
    Breakfast: Oatmeal, chia seed, plain non-fat greek yogurt, vegetable juice, almonds

Lunch: Spring mix, homemade pork loin and red lentil soup

Dinner: Baked chicken thigh and cauliflower

Snacks: Celery, milk, protein powder, watermelon

Your meals today sound delicious! :) Especially the red lentil soup.
  • Salutary7
    Salutary7 Posts: 7 Member
    Your meals today sound delicious! :) Especially the red lentil soup.

Thanks! And your chocolate is a great idea, I'll have to try it :)

• umbramirror
    edited July 2019
    Breakfast:
    Homemade pumpkin spice protein bar [inbetween HIIT and lifting]; protein superfood smoothie bowl (Siggi's 0% skyr, unsweetened soy milk, matcha powder, vanilla protein superfood powder, chia seeds, flax seeds, unsweetened coconut flakes, and a chopped sun-dried organic Turkish fig) [after lifting]

Morning snack:
    Cortado w/ soy milk

Lunch:
    Poke bowl (brown rice, tuna and salmon sashimi, raw cucumber slices, edamame, shredded carrots, pickled ginger, seaweed salad, baby spinach leaves, and sesame seeds with wasabi mayo mixed in); cocoa dusted dark chocolate covered espresso beans

Afternoon snack:
    Optimum Nutrition protein cake bites (chocolate frosted donut); cold brew with a splash of sweet cream

Dinner:
    Chickpea pasta mac and cheese with extra lean ground turkey, baby bella mushrooms and spinach (Eating Bird Food recipe adaptation)
  • seltzermint555
    Tomorrow's plan...

Breakfast: Chobani vanilla & cinnamon Greek yogurt & coffee

Lunch: leftover spicy peanut kale & mushroom bowl (about 1/3 portion), 2 chopped boiled eggs with relish & mayo, baby carrots, pineapple & blackberries

Dinner: going out to a gourmet grilled cheese place and I'll probably repeat my last order there...cup of crawfish bisque soup and 1/2 pulled pork sandwich, pickle spear & cherry tomatoes.

Going to a concert and will be driving home late so it's very possible I'll have either a Taco Bell mini beefy quesadilla or Dunkin iced coffee. Depending on how much dancing is done, maybe both.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Yesterday's Yummies:
    Breakfast:
    2 eggs over medium hard, 5 pieces of bacon, jasmine rice, raisin toast w/butter, coffee w/cream

Lunch:
    1 cup of milk oolong tea, 1 cup of garlic tea

Dinner:
    2 cups of Republic of tea Beauty Sleep Tea

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    bowl of cherries and a cup or so of sunflower seeds

Today's Eats:
    Breakfast:
    cup of emperor puh erh tea

Lunch:
    cup of garlic tea

Dinner:
    Waldorf salad, 1.5lb of snow crab legs w/ghee, 1/2 loaded baked potato, steamed broccoli ice water to drink

Raspberry white chocolate cheesecake and a cup of coffee w/cream
  • adamgrearson1
    adamgrearson1 Posts: 3 Member
    I typically have the same or similar breakfast, lunch, and snacks each day, while changing up my dinner each night.
    On a typical day, I usually eat something this or something slightly different:

Breakfast:
    - 1/2 cup of egg whites
    - one slice of whole grain toast
    - 1 tbsp of all-natural peanut butter

Morning snack:
    - 1/2 cup of 0% vanilla Greek yogurt
    - 1/4 cup of blueberries

Lunch:
    - 2 hard boiled eggs
    - 1 cup of raw mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
    - 2 to 3 tbsp of roasted garlic hummus

Afternoon snack #1:
    - 1 cup of raw mixed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots)
    - 2 to 3 tbsp of roasted garlic hummus

Afternoon snack #2:
    - 1 medium size Royal Gala apple

Dinner:
    - varies each evening

Dessert snack:
    - 1 cup of triple berry Sorbet

This eating lifestyle seems to work very well for me. I have lost 40 lbs since I started portioning more after Christmas, 2018. I combine this eating lifestyle with a fairly active lifestyle. I don't drive, so I walk a great deal and take the bus.

Once I start my PhD degree at Dalhousie University this coming September, I will be frequently using the Dalplex gym, a brand new fitness building on campus, to do strength training, more intense cardio (running, cycling on stationary bikes), and hopefully yoga and other flexibility exercises.
  • PiscesIntuition
    PiscesIntuition Posts: 1,365 Member
    My meals are the same all week. Sunday is meal prep day. I weigh everything and/or count out servings. This week:

IF til Noon

BREAKFAST
    (at noon):
    Shrimp, green cabbage, green beans, roasted sweet potato slices

SNACK: Protein powder shake

LUNCH: Grilled chicken breast, green cabbage and green beans

SNACK: Protein powder with almond butter, spinach, strawberries, chia seed or hemp seeds, cacao powder

DINNER: Salad (romaine) with tuna, red bell peppers, tomatoes, red onions, carrots, cilantro lime vinaigrette

SNACK: almonds/dark chocolate chips, Greek yogurt, boiled egg with guacamole, or almond butter on a graham cracker
  • umbramirror
    edited July 2019
    Breakfast:
    Sugar cookie overnight oats with blueberries and chopped almonds [Well Plated by Erin recipe adaptation]; nitro cold brew

Morning snack:
    Rise vegan protein bar (lemon cashew)

Lunch:
    Baby spinach, arugula, grilled chicken, beets, broccoli crunch salad, mixed bell pepper slices, cucumber slices, a few olives, and green garbanzo beans; jumble nut cookie [Whole Foods]

Afternoon snack:
    Earl grey tea with lavender; protein superfood powder shake with soy milk; 2 sun-dried Turkish apricots

Dinner:
    Mexican cauliflower fried rice with 98% lean ground turkey, a little homemade guacamole, and homemade chipotle ranch sauce [Paleo Running Momma recipe adaptation]
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    Breakfast:
    1 cup of milk oolong tea, 1 cup of emperor puh erh tea

Lunch:
    1 cup of roasted dandelion tea, 1 cup of white rose tea

Dinner:
    Spinach strawberry salad, 1/2 rack of lamb (well done) with mint sauce, roasted carrots, asparagus, ice water to drink

chocolate chip cheesecake and coffee w/cream
  • seltzermint555
    Breakfast: fried egg on rye toast with mayo & pickles, cold brew coffee

Mid-morning snack: Snickers bar...I danced for 4 hours straight at a concert last night and didn't get my planned snack(s) afterward :p

Lunch: taco salad - seasoned TVP, lettuce, peppers, corn, tomatoes & onions, a little sour cream and salsa as dressing, and 3 La Tiara taco shells crunched on top. 1/2 peach.

Dinner: leftover chickpea curry with tons of veggies, and probably some form of ice cream or frozen yogurt after.
  • umbramirror
    edited July 2019
    Breakfast:
    Homemade pumpkin spice protein bar [in between HIIT and lifting]; protein superfood smoothie bowl (Siggi's 0% skyr, protein superfood powder, matcha powder, unsweetened soy milk, chia seeds, flax seeds, chopped dates, unsweetened coconut flakes, and paleo coconola) [after lifting]; double espresso

Lunch:
    Tuscan flatbread (schiacciata) sandwich filled with prosciutto cotto, basil pesto, and stracchino cheese [Farinolio]; macchiato

Afternoon snack:
    Oatmega bar (chocolate mint)

Dinner:
    Strawberry poppyseed salad with chicken [Panera]; shared a few small truffles from Lolli & Pops with a friend (we broke them apart and took little pieces) and I probably had a little more than one full truffle all together. Delicious. 😌