What We're Eating

Options

Replies

• JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: nothing, was at the dr :( stupid ear infection
    Lunch: seasoned and baked chicken breast with roasted red skin potatoes and baby carrots, also a small side salad
    Afternoon snack: key lime Greek yogurt
    Dinner: TBD.. I'm thinking two fish fillets with roasted red skin potatoes (gotta use up the bag!)
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    NewLIFEstyle4ME Posts: 4,440 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    cup of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    Ethiopian food: Chicken sambusa, beets, cabbage and carrots, yellow split peas, collard greens, salad(iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, hot peppers), 2 different styled lentils, eggplant dish, chicken doro wat (a super spicy chicken and hard boiled eggs strange and DELICIOUS dish) ALL eaten with their sponge bread called injera (and YES, I am a pro at eating these dishes without a fork now, using only the fabulous and filling sponge/injera bread), PLUS we tried a new dish: Whole fish (branzino) that was prepared in a wonderful and EASY way to eat and was absolutely MEGA YUM (my hubby says he's ordering that ALL the time from now on) and a DELICIOUS herby/spices rice dish and some homemade/handmade Ethiopian cheese that is the bombdotcom, tastes like a saltless/low salt mozzarella BUT BETTER (that you put on the super spicy stuff to cool it out some, but it was so good, I ate some plain and put it on other dishes) can of ginger-ale to drink

Dinner:
    cup of garlic tea, cup of milk oolong tea

Dessert and/or late night snack:
    Avocolada shake: (bit hands full of baby spinach, kale, whole avocado, coconut milk, Twister's fruit punch, frozen pineapples, frozen mangoes, frozen strawberries), black and green olives
  • Queen_JessieA
    Queen_JessieA Posts: 1,059 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Breakfast: coffee/cream & slice of cheese
    Lunch: Can of tuna, tbsp mayo, mustard, diced up pickle spear, 2 boiled eggs
    Snack: 2 red plums
    Dinner: 2 hot dogs w/ sour kraut (no buns); side salad w/ ranch

(low carb...tho the plums were a "cheat"...but I don't believe fruit makes us fat)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: toast with coconut butter & a fried egg, coffee

Mid-morning snack: old-fashioned donut & coffee (office freebie, decided not to resist...but I did resist grabbing a second or third thankfully) ;)

Lunch: salmon burger on toast with mayo, onion, lettuce & pickles. Baked homemade cinnamon vanilla sweet potato fries (1/2 large sweet potato).

Dinner: cold sesame peanut noodles with baked tofu chunks, zucchini, carrots & green onion. Two large slices of watermelon.
  • tmrussell1215
    tmrussell1215 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Greek yogurt, fresh berries, a little cereal for crunch

Lunch: pita filled with ham, cheese & veggies, side of blue berries and ranch for dipping

Dinner: tater tot casserole, big salad
    Snack: popcorn
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: oatmeal with peanut butter & cinnamon sugar, iced coffee

Lunch: Subway steak & egg on flatbread with all the veggies and spicy mustard

Dinner: tamale casserole & salad with ranch, probably down a packet of dark chocolate almond butter after the concert I'm attending (lots of dancing)
  • memurph88
    memurph88 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Breakfast:
    Activia lactose free vanilla yogurt
    Rye toast w/ lactose free margarine
    Coffee w/ Fat free Coffee Mate creamer

Snack:
    Made Good chocolate chip granola bar

Lunch:
    Salmon w/ sun dried tomatoes
    Fried rice
    Stir fried veggies

Snack:
    Fruit salad

Dinner:
    Bangers & Mash
    Salad

I'm enjoying being able to still cook all of my favorites!
    It's all about that portion control & making minor changes to recipes to reduce calories.
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    cup of coffee w/cream

Lunch:
    cup of coffee w/cream

Dinner:
    Turkey club (regular toasted bread w/turkey, bacon, lettuce, tomato, cheese and mayo), crinkled fries w/hot sauce and ketsup, Twisters fruit punch to drink

Bowl of popcorn w/salt and butter, pomegranate Popsicle, large mango
  • Kupla71
    Kupla71 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Breakfast.Tofu veggie scramble with rye toast and becel

Lunch. Pho with rice noodles, spinach and basa fish

Dinner. Balsamic roasted chicken with cherry tomatoes and whole wheat spaghetti

Snack. Cheese string with ritz crackers

Hmmm. Thinking about having a beer...
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:
    cup of milk oolong tea

Lunch:
    cup of dandelion root tea

Dinner:
    Big Mac meal (big mac, large fries, large orange drink w/lots of ice)

3 wedges of laughing cow cheese, bowl of black, red and green grapes
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: 1/2 pumpkin spice English muffin (I actually bought those for my husband since I don't go much for the pumpkin spice stuff) spread with lemon curd, 1 fried egg & coffee

Lunch (noon): 1 pork tamale a la carte, about 1/3 sliced avocado, 6 tortilla chips with salsa & a Mexican beer

Post-shopping, pre-hiking snack: 1/2 bar of Italian amaretti nougat & a large Americano

Dinner: Italian vegetarian meatballs over wheat rotini with homemade sauce (loads of peppers & onions), side salad no dressing and 1/4 bar of nougat with a cup of dandelion peach tea.
  • Lattesweet
    Lattesweet Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Breakfast/lunch - iced coffee w/cream, 1/2 perfect bar

Snack - bowl of cheese puffs, homemade mojito

Dinner - 2 beef burgers w/ cheese, pickles, spicy mayo & onions on a potato bun

Snack - yasso chocolate mint icecream bar

• NewLIFEstyle4ME
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:

Lunch:
    cup of milky oolong tea

Dinner:
    Ethiopian food: beef sambusa, beets, cabbage and carrots, yellow split peas, collard greens, salad(iceberg lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, hot peppers), 2 different styled lentils, eggplant dish, lots of injera bread Whole fish (branzino) with more salad... w/lots of arugala, spinach other dark green mixed lettuces I wasn't sure of w/super fresh tomatoes and cucumber slices in some kinda clear and YUMMY dressing, can of ginger ale to drink

Ethiopian coffee w/ slice of Tiramisu cake, bowl of green, black, red grapes maybe some black olives
  • seltzermint555
    Options
    Breakfast: toast with mustard, pickles & fried egg. 2 cups coffee.

Lunch: Nathans hot dog with mustard, double serving of roasted radishes, a few sauteed mushrooms and a dark chocolate almond butter packet

Dinner: TVP taco salad with 3 La Tiara shells, french onion dip & salsa, lots of sauteed peppers & onions. Huge frosty mug of Lagunitas IPA.

After dinner: hot cocoa w/ whipped topping
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast: toast with mustard, pickles & fried egg. 2 cups coffee.

Lunch: Nathans hot dog with mustard, double serving of roasted radishes, a few sauteed mushrooms and a dark chocolate almond butter packet

Dinner: TVP taco salad with 3 La Tiara shells, french onion dip & salsa, lots of sauteed peppers & onions. Huge frosty mug of Lagunitas IPA.

After dinner: hot cocoa w/ whipped topping

I LOVE the way you eat!
  • hmhill17
    hmhill17 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Breakfast - tater to, turkey sausage, egg, cheese, bell pepper “stir fry”

Lunch - salad with poached chicken and some mozzerella

Dinner - Good Eats reloaded roast chicken with bacon wrapped asparagus and my daughter’s favorite four cheese rice a roni. I didn’t count until after the fact today because I knew I had plenty of banked calories.
  • GreenValli
    GreenValli Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Breakfast: Oatmeal with raisins, chopped walnuts, dried cranberries, and cinnamon. Also coffee with sugar and half and half

Lunch: half of a ham and cheese sandwich, broccoli with Thai red curry sauce (Trader Joe's), very small tangerine, and 1/2 cup cantaloupe

Dinner: other half of ham and cheese sandwich, salad of: lettuce, tomato, carrots, cucumber, ranch dressing, 1/2 cup applesauce.

May have something else later

Calorie total: 1185
  • NewLIFEstyle4ME
    Options
    Breakfast:

Lunch:
    2 eggs over medium hard, 3 sausage links, 3 pieces of bacon, hash browns, 1 piece of brioche french toast w/butter and syrup, small glass of O.J. cup of coffee w/cream

Dinner:
    cup of emperor puh erh tea, cup of milky oolong tea

Large soft serve chocolate ice cream w/strawberry/mango, cherry Italian ice (gelato), 3 pieces of laughing cow cheese wedge, black and green olives
  • memurph88
    memurph88 Posts: 102 Member
    edited September 2019
    Options
    Breakfast:
    coffee w/ fat free vanilla coffee mate
    activia lactose free vanilla yogurt
    whole wheat toast w/ lactose free butter
    grapes

Lunch:
    salad w/ homemade vinaigrette
    chicken thigh
    roasted potatoes

Snack:
    Made Good chocolate chip granola bar
    watermelon

Dinner:
    Pork tenderloin
    homemade apple sauce (apples, water, cinnamon)
    beets
    brussels sprouts
    salad w/ homemade vinaigrette
  • Safari_Gal_
    Safari_Gal_ Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Today:
    Breakfast : Bacon & eggs ☕️

Lunch: 🔥 fire roasted asparagus, cauliflower and red peppers with olive oil & herbs

Snack- spinach juice w pineapple & lemongrass

Dinner : roast chicken with fresh rosemary🌿 Sautéed baby kale