My C25k Diary (Will Update as I do each session)

Options

Replies

• martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Way to find an up side. No run is a waste!!
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @martaindale
    That extra session will make the last session easier :smiley:

Thanks for the feedback :smiley:
  • samthepanda
    samthepanda Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I read this morning and it inspired me to go out even though it's raining! I used to jog a couple of times a week (about 5k) but my running partner got injured and I missed a couple of weeks as I was ill and then life was busy ... And so the excuses to and suddenly it's 5 months and I haven't been out. I have entered a half marathon in May (arghh!) so need to start again. I've downloaded C25k to try and get back in the routine, and keep a steady pace,
    but started at week 3. Life is crazy busy in this house and I didn't manage to get out since last Sunday (son who has special needs is performing in a show next week and I have to be at every rehearsal which is 6-10 each night), so between taking daughter to a party this morning and a swimming lesson tonight this was my only window. Very wet but glad it's done!
  • Styggian
    Options
    @samthepanda

Thanks for you comments much appreciated. Am really glad I had a positive effect on your running today :)

Sounds like you had a busy time of late, I know how circumstances can mess up even the best plans, best thing to do what you have to do, then get on with the original plan. Therapeutic as screaming at sparrows is, it does not get anything done :smiley:

Good luck on the half marathon, my goals are a bit lower at the moment :smiley: So you are in front of me already.
  • Styggian
    Options
    @samthepanda
    I agree routine is so important, at the moment I solo train, not really confident to join a club or a group, will probably put it as one of my New Year's resolutions :)

Congratulations on doing 10k, that distance is not on my 'radar' :) As for not completing a half marathon yet, at least it's on your 'to do ' list :smiley:

I don't running in the rain, because all the gear is lightweight and I have a shower proof top. Walking is not too bad as long as I can take a umbrella, if it's windy + rain I tend to wait for better conditions. Cycling I tend to avoid the rain, the main reason is I store the bike inside the house so don't like bringing a wet bike inside. Also I don't have any special cycling gear I just use my walking clothes so they take ages to get dry again.

Best of luck with your half marathon training and the actual event :smiley:

Thanks for the positive motivation :smiley:
  • Styggian
    Options
    Session 2 Week 6 done.

The session consisted of:
    5min warm up
    10 min jog
    3min walk
    10 min jog
    5min warm down

Was surprised how far I covered during the jogs. However, last night I started my job and my legs felt so tired during this morning's jog sessions, my knees not to be outdone raising the pain factor to try and surpass the aching legs.

Managed to keep a 'plodding' pace going, hoping I have enough energy for the next session on Thursday.
  • martaindale
    Options
    Keep at it!!
  • Styggian
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @martaindale
    Definitely, new job is making it a bit more challenging, but it's only for 4 weeks, hoping the extra activity will toughen me up a bit :)

Thanks for the motivation :smiley:
  • martaindale
    Options
    Great job! That 25 min run is intimidating the first time you do it!
  • kirstyfoy
    kirstyfoy Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Wow this is an excellent read. I have just completed week 1. Was excited that I got up to 3k (including the warm up and cool down). I'm bow slightly worrying about what Saturday's run will bring!
  • Styggian
    Options
    @martaindale

Thank you, was great once I finished, feeling tired right now but think thats work :)
  • Styggian
    Options
    @kirstyfoy

Congratulations on completing week 1, I recommend the program whole heartedly.

My number 1 tip, is pace yourself slowly, aim to complete the run sessions rather than set a speed record.

Let me know how you progress :smile:
  • kirstyfoy
    kirstyfoy Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    @Styggian I'm definitely not aiming for any kind of speed!
  • Styggian
    edited November 2018
    Options
    @kirstyfoy

Great, so far I have found the program challenging but achievable, am sure you will find it the same, as it's been specifically designed to get ppl runing for 30 mins fast and safely as possible.

You will be surprised, when all of a sudden the thought of 30 mins continuous running becomes possible.

Enjoy :smiley:

• _nikkiwolf_
    _nikkiwolf_ Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on completing the 25 min run! It's great to read your progress, you"re really doing well :smiley:

• Styggian
    Options
    @_nikkiwolf_

Thanks a lot for your positive motivation.

Am amazed myself at the progress, whoever designed the program definitely knew their running mechanics :smiley: