My C25k Diary (Will Update as I do each session)

Options

Replies

• Runaroundafieldx2
    Runaroundafieldx2 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Well done

Feels great doesn't it? :)
  • Styggian
    Styggian Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    @Runaroundafieldx2

It feels fantastic, I really want to see what I can do when am not so drained. Am so close to running for 30mins continuously can't wait to do my first park run and build up my strength and stamina for a organised 5k race :)

Thanks for your positive input, always appreciated :smile:
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    Great job. Sounds like you are making great progress!
  • Styggian
    Options
    @martaindale

Thanks, am very happy with the program so far, the results are great, really wish I had started it earlier, when I did not have a job :)

Thanks for looking in on me, it's appreciated :smile:
  • tirowow12385
    tirowow12385 Posts: 698 Member
    Options
    I love running under the rain, it's water after all and it cools you down while your body heats up as you run. The route I run is usually pack with people unless it rains so I get the place all to myself and I can just run shirtless without a care in the world lol.
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Options
    I love running in the rain.

The baking heat in summer is much worse. It zaps the life out of my legs
  • Styggian
    Options
    @tirowow12385

Thanks for your comments much appreciated.

Hope I get to love running as much as you do, am still getting used to it.

I tend to run in the early morning, so I have most of the city to myself :smiley: It's easier to to cross roads, without the cars and pedestrians.

The good thing about a few people on the running route, is the buzz I get when I overtake them :smiley:
  • Styggian
    edited December 2018
    Options
    @Runaroundafieldx2

Can't wait to see the difference between Winter & Summer running :)
  • martaindale
    martaindale Posts: 2,061 Member
    Options
    You are making great progress! Might be time to get another pair of shoes!! I need very few excuses to "need" another pair of shoes!
  • Styggian
    Options
    @martaindale

Thanks for the motivation.

As to a new pair of shoes, in the ideal world, I would agree with you, unfortunately my finances are not in the ideal world, so am going to have to suffer a soggy sock, now and again ;-)
  • tdiamond88
    tdiamond88 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just read through all of your journey and loved it! I just re-started C25K myself and will definitely not be hesitating to repeat weeks but love seeing how you handled the mental challenge of it.
  • Runaroundafieldx2
    Options
    Congratulations.

I like running in the rain, much better than the heat!

I tend to find the runs when I have to force myself out the door end up being great runs for some reason.

• Styggian
    Options
    @tdiamond88

Thanks for your comments much appreciated, I find updating this post and reading people's comments is a great source of motivation and knowledge for me.

Good luck with your own C25k journey, let me know how you get on :smiley:
  • Styggian
    Options
    @Runaroundafieldx2

Thanks for your comments, much appreciated.

This was an unusual run for me, that the actual run barely 'registered' with me, just seemed to be sorting minor problems out.

That being said, am really happy that I did it :smiley:
  • fraukazi
    fraukazi Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Well done @Styggian for not letting the distractions stop you from running! In my opinion that is what makes a runner much more so than pace or distance.
  • Styggian
    Options
    @fraukazi

Thanks for your positive words of encouragement, they are much appreciated.

Am enjoying the program and looking forward to completing it, then work on my next goal :smiley:

Looking forward to the day I participate in a organised event, got eye my on a weekly park run event, suspect it will be in the New Year :)
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Awesome job @Styggian! If you like C25K then you’ll love Parkrun. It’s like being surrounded by loads of Lauras encouraging you along.

You mentioned in one of your posts that you sometimes find the first 3 mins or so the worst. Someone once told me about the “nightmare 10”. Essentially it’s first 10mins or so of every workout which most people hate. Your body doesn’t like expending energy, it’s running on one sort of “emergency cardio” system and stuff is basically reluctantly working. If you can get through that first 10mins, your body settles down and switches systems into one that’s much more efficient and comfortable. And apparently the same thing is true for most cardio, no matter how fast or slow you are.