Calorie Counter

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• LoveyCharLoveyChar Member Posts: 1,044 Member Member Posts: 1,044 Member
    6.4 mile run & 8 minutes 20 seconds of planks

@MikePfirrman Old age spots are a blessing, I know.
  • thenewkaylathenewkayla Member Posts: 310 Member Member Posts: 310 Member
    Pop Pilates💓 30 mins
  • PAPYRUS3PAPYRUS3 Member Posts: 6,271 Member Member Posts: 6,271 Member
    Pilates
    Yoga
    Weights
    Elliptical
    Sounds good...but was only 1 hour (15 minutes of each...at least it was something)
  • jeepmanromerojeepmanromero Member Posts: 111 Member Member Posts: 111 Member
    30 minutes running on the treadmill
    45 minutes lower body and abs, always working the abs
  • BodytransformBodytransform Member Posts: 49 Member Member Posts: 49 Member
    45 minutes of Plyometric Cardio Circuit
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 400 Member Member, Premium Posts: 400 Member
    Weights.
    • Ab stuff (e.g. hanging leg raises, wide bar pull ups)
    • Finger boarding, which I'm not very good at
    • Olympic ring stuff, like dips, 360 degree flip thing, and pull ups
    • Bench, 55 kgs, 3 sets of 5
    • Deadlift, 120 kgs, 1 set of 5
    • Facepulls
  • just_Tomekjust_Tomek Member Posts: 8,948 Member Member Posts: 8,948 Member
    Zwift - Watopia - Hilly loop 36km
  • JessAndreiaJessAndreia Member Posts: 358 Member Member Posts: 358 Member
    Leg press 3x10
    Dumbbell bench press 3x6
    Seated row 3x10
    Tricep pushdown 1x14
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,479 Member Member Posts: 1,479 Member
    Rowing today again! What a shock. Today was 38 in my yard. We had a low of 27 last night, lowest Tucson has seen in years. We normally never get under 32 degrees. So dressed up in my old Ohio running long sleeve tech gear!

Really nice recovery row. 11.8K meters in an hour @ 18 SPM. 2:31.5 pace. Wasn't concerned at all with pace, just HR. Never got over 143 and barely over 140 for 2/3 of the row. Around 780 calories burned.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 15,105 Member Member, Premium Posts: 15,105 Member
    Rowing today again! What a shock. Today was 38 in my yard. We had a low of 27 last night, lowest Tucson has seen in years. We normally never get under 32 degrees. So dressed up in my old Ohio running long sleeve tech gear!

Really nice recovery row. 11.8K meters in an hour @ 18 SPM. 2:31.5 pace. Wasn't concerned at all with pace, just HR. Never got over 143 and barely over 140 for 2/3 of the row. Around 780 calories burned.

Chancing a digression here: When I was out there a few years back for the gem shows, it hit 18 degrees F overnight, at that time a record low for the date. Water mains froze, flooding some intersections, and that water then froze, under the car-wheels of people who don't expect ice, and some of whom have no idea how to drive on it. Parts of the city lacked natural gas for heating, because the pressure in the system dropped too low under the demand. It was colorful.

Since I should be back on topic:

Monday I did what I jokingly called a "micro tri-Ann-thalon": A little walk** (only 2.5 miles), a little lifting (high rep, low weight, upper body push), and a little machine rowing (only 2 x 10 minutes).

** I had to take advantage of the unseasonably warm weather, mid 40s F ( <== note contrast with Mike's locale ;) ), and sunny here Sunday and Monday for what seemed like the first time in weeks (and was pretty close to being that in actuality). So much gloom this year! So, I walked outdoors both days.

Tuesday was spin class, and a massage (which is of course not exercise, but it a nice thing for the body in its own way ;) ).

Nothing yet today, planning a repeat high-rep/low-weight/push thing again later, and might machine row, dunno.
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,479 Member Member Posts: 1,479 Member
    @ Ann - glad you got some nice weather now! It's gem show week here now! All the locals are grumbling about the traffic! I'd like to take it in this weekend if possible. Supposed to be amazing.

Sounds like a plan going out and getting in some sun! Your weather will suck in two weeks when I have to come back home for my stepson's wedding. I'm sure it will be subzero and 3 feet of ice just in time for me.
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,913 Member Member Posts: 1,913 Member
    Wed 2/5:
    20 chin ups in sets to failure (9,5,3,3)
    105 slow push ups in sets to failure (30,20,15,15,12,13)
    36 min spin bike (vigorous)
    edited February 5
  • JustSomeEmJustSomeEm Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 17,895 MFP Moderator Member, MFP Moderator, Greeter, Premium Posts: 17,895 MFP Moderator
    Finally breaking in my new to me treadmill... need treadmill tips to relieve the boredom!
    PHUL
    Hyper Upper
  • J72FITJ72FIT Member Posts: 5,472 Member Member Posts: 5,472 Member
    just_Tomek wrote: »
    PHUL
    Hyper Upper

killer tattoos...
    Today was ITC day (intraclub, as opposed to interclub on Tuesday) challenge. 30 minute row @ 20 SPM (strokes per minute). Because the rate limit, HR didn't reach max, but was sure up there. Did 2500 Warmup, then the 30' row @ 2:15.7 (I think), then a 1500m C/D to go over 10K for the day again.
  • drmwcdrmwc Member, Premium Posts: 400 Member Member, Premium Posts: 400 Member
    1.25 hours climbing

This was a great session. I got just about everything.

I have also done a bunch of steps. I am on 23,000, and likely to get another 2,000 before the end of the day. (There was a suspect car outside work, so the office was shut all morning as the Bomb Squad did their thing . I went for a walk.)
    edited February 6
  • JadeMC42JadeMC42 Member Posts: 22 Member Member Posts: 22 Member
    My workouts today:
    0550-0715: Circuit including buddy Carries, sprints, towel pushes (the devil), tabata circuit with burpees, push ups, mountain climbers, squats, jumping lunges, hello dollies, flutter kicks, leg raises, frog sit ups all x3
    1005-1055: light circuit lifting including squats, pull ups, box jumps, goblet squats
    1330-1400 slow 3 mi run, push ups, stretching
  • nighthawk584nighthawk584 Member Posts: 1,913 Member Member Posts: 1,913 Member
    Thur 2/6:
    27 chin ups in sets to failure (8, 5, 5, 5, 4)
    followed immediately by 100 slow push ups in sets to failure (30, 16, 15, 15, 11, 13)
    36 min spin bike (vigorous)
    PHUL
    Hyper Lower