What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• bradm24
    bradm24 Posts: 4 Member
    Things have been kinda rough with the gym closures, but I'm still finding a way to get it done. Yesterday hit biceps and core with the dumbbells / plates I have at home, today I'll probably do a full-body workout incorporating dumbbells, resistance bands, and bodyweight exercises! Hope everyone is well.
  • BecMarty14
    BecMarty14 Posts: 351 Member
    Yoga with Adrienne.
    Fitness Blender fitness challenge strong and lean day 4: upper body strength and bodyweight cardio + pilates.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 982 Member
    Wednesday was supposed be my day off this week. But I got bored, so I did 300 kettle bell swings and some hangboarding. I got a PR on the 15mm ledge.

Yesterday was leg day:
    Dynamic stretches
    Burpees
    Band stuff
    Squat (5 sets of 5, 70kgs)
    Deadlift (5 sets of 5, 100 kgs)
    Lunges
    Pistols
    Yoga
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    Wednesday was supposed be my day off this week. But I got bored, so I did 300 kettle bell swings and some hangboarding. I got a PR on the 15mm ledge.

Yesterday was leg day:
    Dynamic stretches
    Burpees
    Band stuff
    Squat (5 sets of 5, 70kgs)
    Deadlift (5 sets of 5, 100 kgs)
    Lunges
    Pistols
    Yoga

Love KBs, but haven't been able to do that much of it with the back recovery. That's a pretty killer "off day". You might pay for that one a bit this week! Nice work Matt!
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Did half my upper body workout this morning but then absolutely crashed. I think I may be under-fueling. Hoping to finish the other half after lunch.

Did 10 min abs. Thinking ab adding this to my routine.

Maybe a walk if I feel up to it later.
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Cherimoose wrote: »
    Did my usual workout today. Average workout, no personal records.

- 37 mile run
    - 942 pull-ups
    - 8 mile swim in the ocean
    - Wrestled crocodile in the Everglades

Just checking if anyone reads these B)

oh my god, i was like 'christ, almighty' at first glance
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member

- 37 mile run
    - 942 pull-ups

That's a select skill set, never mind fitness routine.
  • MeganD1704
    MeganD1704 Posts: 733 Member
    TRX On the Go (a new one today, gotta get some variety in!) and a 2km walk at least. Double digits again today.
  • tmbg1
    tmbg1 Posts: 1,274 Member
    A walk and yoga
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,389 Member
    Did a small and fast (for me!) 3km run to the supermarket to pick up a surprise pack. I'd planned to run another 5k, but once I reached the market place I was hit from the front by a sudden storm. No idea where that came from. Maybe the open square. Anyway... I fought against the wind, went once around the square and gave up at 3km. Still fastest 3k in ages.
  • MikePfirrman
    Did 5 minute warm up on the rower, then 5 minutes as hard as reasonably sustainable. Repeat for an hour. Went deep in the pain cave today. Around 1000 calories burrned in an hour. Haven't done a row that hard in a while. Was fairly brutal. Took my foot off the gas on the last interval a bit. I was at 90% of max HR on all the intervals and started drifting above (something that they tell masters rowers not to do with Covid-19 as working out too hard can lower immunity), so I took it a bit easier on the last one. Roughly 2:08 to 2:10 paces on the intervals and 2:38 paces on the easy paddling. Over 12K meters for the hour.
  • MarioPahlke
    MarioPahlke Posts: 18 Member
    dumbbell bench press 8x with 22.5 kg each side
    dead lift 8x with 32.5 kg
    hip trusts 8x with 10 kg
    roll ups 8x 10 reps
  • lilac12321
    lilac12321 Posts: 12 Member
    ajb2261 wrote: »
    Looking at all these workouts, I have only ran around in my garden with my children and then done a 10min HiiT workout that was on YouTube

That sounds like a fun and active day to me!
  • lilac12321
    Upper body day today. I used resistance bands and a sandbag. I did 3-5 sets of each, with 12-15 per set. This was about 45min.
    - Lat pull downs
    - Horizontal rows
    - Front shoulder raises
    - Side shoulder raises
    - Pushups (normal, pike, and diamond)
    - Vertical rows
    - Horizontal pull aparts
    - Overhead shoulder presses
    - Tricep pull downs
  • lilac12321
    BlG_FN_ROB wrote: »
    Logs today👌🏾

4ddkvwijpkau.gif

Get after it!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member

Today's recovery bike session was scrapped in favor of a 3 mile walk with my wife. :) Reason is that my June 70.3 distance triathlon has been postponed, which was not completely unexpected.

I've had a particularly good training block going over during the last 8 weeks, after spending the winter rebuilding my base fitness lost due to injury. My current fitness is approximately one month ahead of the same period in 2018 during an Ironman build.

So the question is, what to do? I'd hate to simply give up cycling and run fitness, but I will drop back volume a notch while deciding whether to sign up for a fall race. It's hard to maintain enthusiasm for another16-20 more weeks of a periodized build, even for a long course race, but Ironman has cancelled most (if not all) races until then.

• Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member

- 37 mile run
    - 942 pull-ups

Just another "ho hum" day! I knew it was fake news, because only alligators live in the Everglades. :smile:
  • MikePfirrman
    edited April 2020
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Today's recovery bike session was scrapped in favor of a 3 mile walk with my wife. :) Reason is that my June 70.3 distance triathlon has been postponed, which was not completely unexpected.

I've had a particularly good training block going over during the last 8 weeks, after spending the winter rebuilding my base fitness lost due to injury. My current fitness is approximately one month ahead of the same period in 2018 during an Ironman build.

So the question is, what to do? I'd hate to simply give up cycling and run fitness, but I will drop back volume a notch while deciding whether to sign up for a fall race. It's hard to maintain enthusiasm for another16-20 more weeks of a periodized build, even for a long course race, but Ironman has cancelled most (if not all) races until then.

That would be devastating. I couldn't compete this past Winter because I wasn't recovered all the way yet (enough) to have competitive times for the few events I targeted, way less competitive and demanding than what you do.

I'm not sure what I'd tell you but perhaps there's a virtual Ironman that you can find and compete in. I know some really talented OTW (over the water) rowers that are losing the entire season that are replacing with indoor erging on videos, virtually.

Is this a possibility for you?

https://www.ironmanvirtualclub.com/