Calorie Counter

Message Boards Fitness and Exercise
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 16,698 Member Member, Premium Posts: 16,698 Member
    Rowing machine, 3 x (2k on, 2' off/CD) for a total of 6679m, still 17spsm and 2:35.4, but let HR drift up to a little above 75% HR reserve. (Resting rate's a little high today, so maybe I'm just running a little high, dunno.) Then only 20' dumbbells, cut short from usual. I'm doing "clear liquids only" to prep for a medical thing tomorrow, and just not feeling the full workout right now.
    AnnPT77 wrote: »
    More rowing machine, 4 x (2K on, 2' off/CD), 8798m including the row in/outs & CD. Hit 16 spm average for the 4 pieces, still holding 2:36.8 split and maxing 5bpm above 70% HR reserve (all but about 10% of the workout, was 70% and below). I call it moderate steady state. All about that base, eh? 😆 Garmin estimates 799 strokes for the 8798m: I'm OK with that.

Nice work Ann. It will likely take me a while to get back to being able to keep the HR in check once I'm back rowing regularly. Still working a lot on the back rehab, which is helping a lot. That's a really good pace for that slow of SR.

Thank you, Mike. I think there's tiny gradual improvement in the constellation of spm/HR/split. I don't really expect much, at this stage or at this level of time/effort. Maintaining some basic fitness would be good, any improvement is gravy. Current focus is mainly a sustainable routine and good life balance.

I hope your back issues and headaches will resolve ASAP.
    edited September 25
  • cyaneverfatcyaneverfat Member Posts: 393 Member Member Posts: 393 Member
    Meet with a PT then signed up to do some courses which means walking through town= calorie burn.
  • Irfan_AliIrfan_Ali Member Posts: 11 Member Member Posts: 11 Member
    Cross Fit workout consisting of 10 rounds of
    12 pushups
    24 heel touches
    12 body weight squats
    12 kettle bell swings (20kg)

Then 15min HIIT treadmill 30 sec on / 30 sec off

Finally a 10 min jump rope finisher where I try to do 1000 skips
  • J72FITJ72FIT Member Posts: 5,590 Member Member Posts: 5,590 Member
    Yoga (15min)
    Stomach Vacuums (5min)
    Wall Assisted Handstand Pushup (16)
    Pull-ups (48)
    Handstand Wall Hold (4min)
    Dead Hand (4min)
    Hollow Body Hold (4min)
    Jumprope (30min)
  • ehju0901ehju0901 Member Posts: 69 Member Member Posts: 69 Member
    I will be doing a 7 mile walk after I get off work.
  • JimDewJimDew Member Posts: 1,011 Member Member Posts: 1,011 Member
    sqml8e3djmrl.png

Beautiful day!
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,954 Member Member Posts: 1,954 Member
    6 X 5 minutes w/ 3 minutes active rest. HR got higher each interval, ended at 95% of max. My back might be falling apart but my heart works great. First 3 on the LateralX (basically a Max Trainer that goes side to side along with up and down) and the last 3 on the AD Pro (Assault Bike). 850 calories for the 50 minutes.
  • AnnPT77AnnPT77 Member, Premium Posts: 16,698 Member Member, Premium Posts: 16,698 Member
    Rowed bow in the double, Garmin says 7006m, but I forgot to turn it off until after we'd carried the first boat back to the boathouse, so there are probably a few boat-carrying meters in there, too - maybe 100 or so. 😆

My old double partner has been back for a couple of rows lately, after missing most of last season (knee replacement, broken foot, some other health problems, international travel . . . .). Her being back makes me happy - hope she can/wants to keep it up.
    329dehifnfuq.png

This is a very hilly western PA route.. I don’t know I’ve ever done it in under 9min/mile before
    46 minutes communing with dumbbells on what usually would've been my rest day.

When we started on-water rowing (M-W-F-Sa, weather permitting), I switched my lifting schedule from M-W-F to Tu-Th-Sa so I'd usually be lifting on rowing machine days rather than on-water days. The Saturday isn't working out so well, from the sample of the last 2 weeks. I'm getting home, thinking "lifting - ugh" and putting it off until Sunday. So far, losing the rest day has been OK. Play it by ear, I guess.

I took Friday off this past week (colonoscopy in AM, doc told me not to work out that day afterward), but I'm not sure that really counts as a rest day.

Honestly, I'm not as rest-obsessed as I sound, but managing recovery well has become more important for me with age, so I guess I'm just thinking in print about it here. 😆
  • MikePfirrmanMikePfirrman Member Posts: 1,954 Member Member Posts: 1,954 Member
    Easy hour today. 30 on the LateralX and 30 on the AD Pro. All 55% (warmup) to 67% HR Max.

Did a 1000m TT yesterday in honor of my friend Dan Lynch (#erg1000), who will set a WR sometime next month. He's a friend in my Indoor Rowing club that set out to break the World Record for consecutive days of rowing on the Concept 2 (like 1040 or something). One year in, he was told he had an aggressive, not curable cancer. He finished 1000 days on Saturday while going through chemo. We tried to get 1000 people to do the row.

First Timed Trial I've done in a while, so I took it easy today. I didn't want to coast because Dan won't. I certainly wouldn't bet against him in this life battle either.
    edited September 28
    bqo3e01b3kf9.png

Not running tomorrow. Knees need a break
  • cyaneverfatcyaneverfat Member Posts: 393 Member Member Posts: 393 Member
    Walked the dogs, had a swim.
    Another round of bore the MFP reader, a.k.a. rowing machine, 4 x (2k on, 2' off/CD), 8729m including row in/out and CD, averaging 2:33.4 and 16spm. Topped out at about 75% HR reserve, but most of the workout was zone 3 and below according to Garmin (to mix HR benchmark schemes 😆).

I was supposed to row on water today, but we got rained out (intermittent thunder!).
  • amorfati601070amorfati601070 Member Posts: 1,982 Member Member Posts: 1,982 Member
    stationary

Stuck inside still 😭

7mdz4o7xsupz.png
  • firestarinfinifirestarinfini Member Posts: 13 Member Member Posts: 13 Member
    50 minutes of body combat and 10 minutes of bike!
    Did my new fun hard interval workout. I like this one. I actually like hard, short intervals in a weird way.

One minute easy, one minute moderate, one all out -- did that for an hour -- 20 sets. HR hit 95% of max on a few. Last 8 to 10 over 90% max. Around 900 calories for the hour.

It's also my 100 pushup day. 50 done so far. 50 more tonight.
    edited September 29
  • amorfati601070amorfati601070 Member Posts: 1,982 Member Member Posts: 1,982 Member
    Casual 14.5mi. easy-pace bike ride, later 43 minutes dumbbell nonsense.
    55 minutes of recover work -- 25 on the LateralX and 30 on the AD Pro. I used to hate work between 60 and 65% of max HR. It can be incredibly, mind-numbingly boring. But maybe it's my age, I'm enjoying really working light after my hard days now.

I also do my back work on my light days -- planks, Yoga Cobra poses, and Superman poses.