What Was Your Work Out Today?

Options

Replies

• pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Rdella Power 5 KB complex with 20kg KB - 4.4 rounds. Planned on 5 rounds but threw in the towel during 5th round after completing 2 of the 5 movements making up the complex. Took 14:55 before quit. Had I hung in there, time would have been about 16:25. Next time.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Tuesday is my crazy day when I'm most active.

3.1mile run, nice and muddy in the fog
    30min stair workout with PT, lots of fun.... not. Timed sprints going up the stairs in various ways, one step at a time, missing a step, lunging etc.
    45 min zumba with 150 abs tacked on the end.
    45min insanity, new round last night and quite tough
    50min boxercise.

Total of 1950 active calories when the walking to and from school and out and about is added in. (Total of 36254 steps for day)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    Yoga and press-handstand core drills...
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    Weights - full body sets - split squats, hamstring curls, flat bench, pec deck, hammer row, cable row, overhead press, db flys, close grip push-ups (4 x 8 on all weights). Did BW squats to fill in between some sets for a total of 80 squats.
  • Anna022119
    Anna022119 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    SC advanced, day B, weeks 1-4
  • HEAVYweightlifter
    Options
    I started to be consistent! I always have exercised every day but not with a strict routine. Starting February 1st I was good for 5 days straight by forcing myself to do cardio. Then do weightlifting. Row 5K, SPIN, MTB outdoors, Row 5K, Row 5K............................Today is day#6
  • RunnerGrl1982
    RunnerGrl1982 Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    1 mile warm up run + 4 mile tempo run @ 9:30 pace + 1 mile cool down. Managed a final 9:22 pace for my last tempo mile. I'll take it. :wink:
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    1.5 hours on the bike trainer....

ci4g9061zxi9.jpg

• MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    An hour on the AD Pro Bike @ around 154 Watts or so. Semi-easy work. Another Watts test tomorrow for an hour. See what Watts I can hold for an hour ride.
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I managed a whole hour walking - still not that fast, but I managed. Found some ripe granadelas on the way - my dessert with some ice cold yoghurt, looking forward to that.
  • firef1y72
    firef1y72 Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    30min speed work with my PT and her resistance band
    5mile easy run (half marathon pace)
    45min ab focused workout With stretch session
    45min zumba
  • CentaurusSoter
    CentaurusSoter Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    9 miles / 27:47 minutes
    Easy ride evening. Two more 9 mile rides to finish the week.
  • spaghetti285
    spaghetti285 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I did an hours Hiit class and a an hour of yoga afterwards. It was great! But how do you add hiit into your diary? How do I calculate calories burned?
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,203 Member
    Options
    I did an hours Hiit class and a an hour of yoga afterwards. It was great! But how do you add hiit into your diary? How do I calculate calories burned?

HIIT is an exercise pacing strategy (high intensity intervals), not an exercise. A person can do HIIT on a bike, HIIT running, HIIT on a rowing machine, etc. You add it to your diary as the exercise(s) it is. A lot of classes or videos called "HIIT" are either circuit training (high rep/low weight strength training) or calisthenics (burpees, jumping jacks, etc.). Add the latter as "circuit training" or "calisthenics".
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    Erg'd at school - I have too much homework to go to the men's practice and I was already on campus so I just did their workout. My splits are getting considerably lower. I was about to type that I feel like the machine was somehow malfunctioning, but then I looked at my log and, no, I am just gradually getting faster.

10 min warm up then 10x3:00/2:00 rest. My lowest average split was the last interval and ended up as 1:56.7. My initial plan was go just use that as a cool down, and then I remember that, at practice, that would be a "give everything, you have" interval and then we'd end up with a 5 min cool down...that and inevitably the person next to me would have an average split that is 10 plus seconds faster than mine while also being old enough to be my father (so around AnnPT's age give or take 5 years depending on the person) - we do have younger men in the club, but we're in the minority.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    dear-sweet-baby-jesus-its-been-two-days-since-my-last-leg-workout-please-take-the-pain-away-after-leg-day-meme.jpg
  • pierinifitness
    pierinifitness Posts: 2,231 Member
    Options
    Rest day.
  • Scarlettriestorun
    Scarlettriestorun Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Just did a 4 and half mile treadmill run , training for a half marathon

Age 51
    Current weight 147
    Ideal weight 135
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    One hour on Air Dyne Pro (Assault Bike). 233 Watt average sustained (around 1007 calories). I've done this 3 Thursdays in a row. Today was the first time I backtracked a bit. This tied the first time I did it but wasn't as strong as last week. Thinking about doing just 30 or 40 minutes next week as a recovery week of sorts. Not sure I can do this weekly. It's insanely draining. Even though I've been really watching my LSDs (keeping them easier and really controlled), this might be too hard to do weekly.

I have been really proud of myself keeping the LDSs mind numbingly boring.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    8 km on the dreadmill this morning.