Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• PrettyFatHelen
    PrettyFatHelen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I have been using MFP on and off for a few years but I am completely new to the community.
    I need to lose 55lbs until my birthday - 3rd of July. I do not want to be overweight anymore.
    Nice to meet you all! :wink:
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    Hi All, I have been using MFP on and off for a few years but I am completely new to the community.
    I need to lose 55lbs until my birthday - 3rd of July. I do not want to be overweight anymore.
    Nice to meet you all! :wink:

Expecting to lose 55lbs in 3 months is having some seriously high expectations. That is over double the recommended healthy rate of loss for an obese person.

Please take a read of this thread, you will see the information and also testimonials from people who have tried to do what you are suggesting and burned themselves out.

Would you not prefer to lose the weight in a sustainable manner, keep your muscle and be healthy?

The much better way to do things is expect for it to take at least 6 months - 1 year and lose the weight slowly and steadily so you maintain your muscle, avoid gallstone issues and keep your hair and nails looking healthy.

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1080242/a-guide-to-get-you-started-on-your-path-to-sexypants/p1

• happyBeatifulPeople
    Options
    Just started use the app. It's making me more aware of my meal and food choices 😖.
    ...this is going to be a happy beginning. 🤥
  • Roxiedae12
    Roxiedae12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Roxie. I'm starting over again, even at my age, ;) lol, to try to become a healthier and happier me. So, I'm new to this and I am hoping to receive support and give support to others in achieving goals. I just started back at the gym doing water exercises (aqua yoga, aqua vitality (which is a water aerobic class), and aqua walking). I'm starting with those cause I'm just about 8 months out of open heart surgery and 2 1/2 month after hip surgery...going to be bionic so I'm going to need the sleek body. Now food...sigh....I admit, I'm a carbaholic, big time. AND my hubby likes to have "snacks" in the house..I try to keep things healthy, but those "snacks" keep calling out to me too :/ . So....there you have it.........I'm looking forward to meeting and succeeding with you.
  • tanishamars
    tanishamars Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody new to this diet thing and love to join a group to have support
  • cezza1215
    cezza1215 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello guys! Been here a week and still trying to work the community side of it out. Hope your all having a good day and keep strong! WE CAN DO THIS!!!!! :)
  • RegalBear
    RegalBear Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Back after several years, new account. Since I stopped using this app I've gained quite a bit of weight. For the first time in my life I can feel my body talking to me that problems are trying to creep in. I'm hoping for support an support to give. So hello all and here I go again...
  • tech420fitness
    tech420fitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike from Southern Illinois
  • tech420fitness
    tech420fitness Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I started Bodybuilding Feb 27. I've used similar apps but they didn't really track right. So far I'm loving MFP.
  • tb81796
    tb81796 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!My name is Tiffany and I have been using this app for about a month now and I have been finding it extremely helpful! I started trying to lose weight in the fall of 2017 after I had gained 20 plus pounds in about a years time. I started with just working out and not really restricting what I ate, I got some results that way, but not really the results I was hoping for and after a while I reached a plateau with my weight loss. I started being conscious about what I eat in February and began to get results and then I was introduced to this app in March and it has been a real life saver! I am Happy to say I am almost at my goal weight and will be using it to track Maintenance calories really soon🙂I hope you all love this app as well and wish you the best of luck with your weight loss/lifestyle change 😉Feel free to add me if you would like..I don’t have any friends on here yet lol
  • lynngirl5882
    lynngirl5882 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello group! I'm looking for fitness buddies, I'm a beginner so all tips welcome
  • cruelgrl
    cruelgrl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am need of some motivation. New fitness friends? :)
  • katoshaholloway86
    katoshaholloway86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm KaTosha I'm 33 years old and weigh 282 lb my doctor told me about this app so I'm giving it a try she also told me to start getting Lean Cuisine meals since I have problems with portion control and she started me on a pill to and I'm new just started 04/05/19 i don't have any of my friends on my fitness pal i was wondering if i can get a friend off this blog since they say it is better to do it with a friend
  • katoshaholloway86
    katoshaholloway86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    cruelgrl wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I am need of some motivation. New fitness friends? :)

I need a friend so I will be your fitness friend :)
  • lbec72
    lbec72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm Lauren. I'm starting the Advocare 24 day challenge today but I have already been working out for the past month and trying to get fit. I know Rome wasn't built in a day but I am determined and committed to living a healthy and fit lifestyle. I have done the 24 day challenge several times in the past 3 years and I always lose weight but now I want to lose more and build my strength as well. I love this site already. MFP is super easy to use and I can easily track my food too!
  • bustos72
    bustos72 Posts: 7 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Hello Everyone, I am new to the group. Looking forward to reading about our successes!!!
  • sharonrosewell
    sharonrosewell Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello
    I want to be fit at 50 not fat at 50!
    So here is to doing this seriously this time around. I have upped the exercise and changed the diet for the better but the weight is stuck.
    HELP and ideas needed.
    Thank you. X
  • vsgbeauty2019
    vsgbeauty2019 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone, I’m new here and I just had wls about three weeks ago. My goal is to loose 100 pounds because I suffer from PCOS and it’s been extremely hard to conceive so of course I want to get healthy. I’m looking for any tips as well as new friendships with like minded good people. 🙏🏽🥰
  • susankcramer
    susankcramer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    HI, I'm Sue and new to the Pre-Diabetic Weight management program. Members there suggested I use myfitnesspal to track everything. I need to print out my weekly diaries so this is fabulous. Done WW twice, tried it on my own, time to get serious again. Welcome to other "newbies"! Sue
  • bigvic1983bmf
    bigvic1983bmf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody I’m new looking to lose 60lb .