Welcome New Members!

Options

Replies

• reagenkid80
    reagenkid80 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just starting ugh nervous and excited at sams time

I'm new as well I started at my local gym today hopefully I will lose the weight I need to lose by next year
  • BlueAri77
    BlueAri77 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Just starting again and have a long way to go.
  • blackbuddafly1608
    blackbuddafly1608 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! New here and looking forward to losing 20lbs within the next few months. I'm 27, happily married, and looking to start fitting back into my clothed and getting back in shape. :)
  • amygerman76
    amygerman76 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I just started on Wednesday with this program. I’m 48 and overweight. I have lost 30 pounds since this summer but now need help to lose 30 more.
  • jungster36
    jungster36 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone I’m new to the community just recently diagnosed with type two diabetes two weeks ago and have since gone on a vigorous exercise and diet routine where I have lost 12 pounds in two weeks running walking 6to8 miles a day I’m trying to link my Misfit app which tracks steps to the my fitness app has my phone does not keep track when I’m playing tennis etc. can someone help
  • M295x
    M295x Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ello all

• samstartsover
    samstartsover Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello! Previously lost 130 lbs with MFP but over the past two years have been suffering strong bouts of binge eating which lead to a 40 lbs gain. I need a serious kick in the butt to restart. I would love some friends!
  • deborahderby59
    deborahderby59 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello, I’m new to my fitness pal, just installed the app! Need to lose 2 & a half stone, currently weight 12st 8lbs, far to heavy for 5ft 4in! I’m a 59 year old female and hate being overweight! Tried loads of diets in the past, lost weight then put it back on after a while plus some extra! Just got Dr Michael Mosley’s new book called The fast 800, basically it’s 800 calories per day every day and also eating those in a restricted time so you are fasting for part of the 24 hours, so I’m going to start this tomorrow. I think this kind of diet will suit me best as the weight loss is supposed to be good. I want to use this app to track my calories and weight loss (hopefully!) Would be great to get some support on here!
    Debbie
  • debbylovinlife
    debbylovinlife Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Female
    Age 56
    Height: 5'2
    Starting weight: 210
    Current weight: 187
    Goal Weight: 135
    Start date: 1/24/2019

Hi everyone!! Found MyFitnessPal a few months ago, while searching for ways to lose weight that would be sustainable long term. I was so tired of yo-yo dieting!! What a huge blessing this board has been in my life since then!

[edited by MFP mods]
  • murphey021
    murphey021 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! My name is Brian! This is my second time around at MFP! I did really well the first time around and life happened and I gained everything back! I am excited to be back and start over with no more exuses! I can always use any encouragement or support to keep my motivated. Together, we can all do this!
  • sharon8271
    sharon8271 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’m new to this app. After losing weight this past year, I am now trying to maintain my weight. I needed some new ideas for workouts and meals so I thought I’d give this app a try. I’m still trying to navigate the app so I haven’t recorded anything yet. Hopefully, I’ll be able to continue maintaining.
  • beehivejim
    beehivejim Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello.... fairly new to MFP. My struggle to lose weight has gone on for a very long time. I need consistency and also look forward to sharing and hearing. 👍😊👍
  • anicole144
    anicole144 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Just started today! I really appreciate the warm welcome and am looking forward to using this app to better my health. ☺
  • PosVibez4me
    PosVibez4me Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Add me!!! Love to have new fitness friends!!! Let's kick butt together!!
  • rosie5456
    rosie5456 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think I have to be the most embarrassed person on this website. I had the gastric bypass surgery 14 years ago(already) and have gained 60 lbs. back. I really hate telling people because I feel like a failure in the fact I haven't kept it off. Well, I am going to give this a try. I hate keeping a food diary, but this is very simple. I am hopeful. Thanks for the support I will get and I will throw my support out there to those who need it.
  • InspectorRed
    InspectorRed Posts: 757 Member
    Options
    I lost a lot of weight a few years ago, I'm not sure of the pounds lost but I went from wearing size 14 jeans to wearing size 7/8 and even a couple pairs of 5/6. That weight loss was partially due to a very stressful time in my life that had me just not eating or eating just enough to sustain myself. Then after my stress level started to come back to normal I started walking 2 miles a day and eating low-carb. I did a decent job of maintaining and I have def not gained it all back, I can't wear the 5/6 jeans anymore but I'm not back into double digit sizes. In 2018 I got very lax in watching what I eat, and walking on the treadmill was not really doing anything for me; then my hubby & I lived for 3 months in a motorhome, doing our workouts in our garage, while we built an apartment to live in. Thankfully, the town we work in has a new 24 hr gym, so I am on week 2 of a 12 week weight training/cardio fat burning plan and I'm determined to get back to a weight and size that I can be proud of! So far MFP has been a great resource for helping me track calories and opening my eyes to what nutrients I should be paying attention to.
  • emmaxo_
    emmaxo_ Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! Just started to use the app. I want to lose lower belly fat so I am using this app. I'm planning to go to the gym 3 times a week.

Good luck with everyone health journey 😊
  • texasgal_kats
    texasgal_kats Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello y'all! I'm not new to this app but finally trying to do what I'm going to say! Definitely looking for some accountability so do not shy from adding me as a friend. :smiley:
  • 777palmbay
    777palmbay Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, Today is the first day on this site. So far I like it. The food tracker I was surprised how friendly it was to use. I am determined to lose 40 lbs. I really would prefer 50 lb. but 40 Would be easier to keep off. I would like to find some people that would give moral support and I would do the same for them. Lots of success to all in this healthy lifestyle journey. Team Work. :)
  • annesworthit
    annesworthit Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm back and need support and motivation. I need consistency and accountability. (I don't want the latter, but I NEED it.) ;-) Hoping to finally do it this time... I have a LONG way to go.