WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Replies

• exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,310 Member
    Started the Actonel today so did a Leslie Sansone DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to do some of the 10MS Pilates DVD then take the extremepump class

Barbara – I think my wish to you was one of the things that for some reason didn’t copy. Anyway, happy belated birthday. I did a Leslie Sansone DVD today so that meant I waited about an hour before having any food. No, I’m sorry. I’m not going overboard about this shower the way Maria is. One bad thing is that she now has Denise having these unrealistic expectations that aren’t going to happen. Oh well, better to learn life’s lessons now than later.

Barbie – I’m thinking that once the weather warms up, I’ll probably go for a walk. I realized that I can also ride the recumbent bike.

Katla – I’m so sorry about your DIL’s loss. I know how hard it is.

Katla – Prolia is the osteoporosis drug that you get by injection once every 6 months. It worked so well for me that I have to now take Actonel. That once weekly stuff. I used to take it and it’s just a pain having to remember to take it weekly and then sitting up for 30 minutes to an hour. I understand that the longer you go without food, the more effective the Actonel is. I don’t know about that, but doing a walking DVD or riding the recumbent bike would probably work. Then, when it gets nicer outside, I will probably take an early morning walk. I’m so sorry your riding lesson was cancelled. I know you were looking forward to it

Dana – (((HUGS)))

Welcome everyone new!

Off to take a shower right now.

Michele in NC

• Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,687 Member
    <3
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,124 Member
    edited March 2019
    Hi all!
    Up early. Restless sleep. Last episode of ENDEAVOUR got stuck in my brain. :( Plus I'm reading far too many interior
    design magazines on my tablet. Bad habit, especially as I don't have any money to do any design. :o:p
    I didn't do any bonus exercise yesterday, apart from a quick local shop and some hoovering, so felt a bit fed up with myself.
    Today I will do some writing, wash my hair and go to the doctors for a blood pressure test by the nurse. Normal exercise of course, but where the bonus fits in I'm not sure.
    Katla - I hate smoking as well and rarely have to suffer it. But in France, although it is banned indoors, people do smoke outside and it is much more common over there. The worst offenders are older women, who smoke because they think it keeps their weight down!!!!! So elegant, with lined faces. :s It is one thing that is a pain about France, but sometimes I just really want a lunch under an umbrella. That day no one was smoking.
    Love Heather UK XXXXXX
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Kate UK <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,463 Member
    edited March 2019
    Happy birthday Rita!!!
    Pat/Trish sorting stuff, couple of bags ready for recycling, well done!
    Heather thanks for the good wishes. One of my sad and lonelies in our new place is I have no wine'n'dine buddies. A few of us from T'ai Chi go for coffee and chat, but sometimes a gal just needs more... "prefer my own company to someone who doesn't want to be there" yes that is it exactly. When next I have the desire, I'll take myself and a good book to the steak house. ;)
    Barbie " doesn't sound like going out to eat with your husband is much fun" you have a talent for understatement ;) I've finally figured that out. Instead of making us both unhappy by insisting on something that won't be as I wished, I'm seeking alternative dining partners, like President Kennedy's biography.
    Kylia happy to have brought you a chuckle.
    Suebdew "be your own best friend" excellent advice!
    Irish Terri "give thanks each morning ..." ditto. Halfway through Boditrax course? Brava!!!
    Katla lovely tribute to DDIL's dear dog. He's beyond pain now, but that doesn't lessen our grief.
    Sharon you are absolutely the first person I've heard say they love HWY 199 along the Smith River. Most of us shudder when we have to go inland for MDs or shopping ;} It IS extremely beautiful, but harrowing when the big trucks barrel around the blind curves, half over into your lane.
    allie "...will get (the food scale) out and start measuring" Good for you! Weighing food is key! You'll be amazed :noway:
    Evelyn sad to hear the homeless problem is in Victoria too. Somehow had it in mind that Canada would be free of such.
    Rori that is an invitation you may regret! There will be a time when I travel to Greeley for a Skye Terrier specialty and you will certainly hear from me. Thank you!
    Thanks Rebecca, for sharing Sarah S's post. Much truth to it, but must confess that being still is not a problem for me. Getting up off my butt and getting active is the challenge ;)
    Katla you got lectured about being selfish for opening a window to get smoke free air? :noway: I smoked for 30 years and for the first few years after quitting, I'd hang out with the smokers to enjoy the second hand smoke. Now I cannot tolerate it, some wafted in from the patio at line dancing Thursday and I nearly choked. Thank Goodness!
    Dana ((hugs)) words fail. ((hugs-held-extra-3-seconds))
    Michele I wouldn't recline/ride the recumbent bike during the 30 mins after taking actonel, but stick with the upright machines.
    Janet "POOF" made me laugh. What a great squirrel pic!
    Welcome Christina_Rumble, ksullivanpdx, azcat (love that you named your BowFlex "Bertha")

Added to my "thanks for" list the difficult people in my life, the lessons they teach. Helps me reframe our relationships and tolerate them better, I hope ;)

Freddy was out of premium but had regular, so all's well so far. Had to drive Carpenterville Road a bit Friday to deliver some paperwork. [shudder] big trucks taking up half my side (like on HWY 199), and people driving way too crazy fast for that narrow road. Won't be going to church in Gold Beach 'til HWY 101 is reopened. Guess I'll be a temporary Episcopalian :), the church I like next best and it's in Brookings. Hope that's not too much religion, no offense intended.

Rambling rant: Homeless issues
    ditto What Lanette said about "where the line is between heartfelt charity and enabling". Morally, spiritually I'm enjoined to feed, clothe, visit, heal, but it's too scary for me to actually do. Brookings has long had community kitchens which feed people at a different faith community every day of the week. Some offer showers and laundry vouchers. Most of the people coming in for food etc are/were well-behaved. Then there was a recent federal court decision arising from a case in Boise where if there is no shelter available, it is against the law to arrest someone for sleeping on public land. This caused an influx of people setting up tent camps in public places at the port and the city parks and library. These newcomers were not so respectful of our environment. They defecated in the bushes, left needles and other trash. It became a public health issue. Some were obviously intoxicated, aggressive, a public safety issue. People were afraid to allow their children to go to the library. The library board adjusted their rules in consultation with the county attorney to prohibit overnight camping. Then the sheriff was able to clean it up. Have no idea where the druggies went, hope it wasn't up to your county Katla! Our county is really really poor. For years county services were provided from federal timber revenues. Those are gone now and people consistently vote down any attempt at increasing taxes. The county has outsourced most state-required services including public health! Whoever said tiny house communities need support services including mental health to succeed is right on. Medford is trying a tiny house transitional community modeled on a pilot program in Eugene. The issues are so complicated, housing costs, mental health and substance abuse issues. Social solutions ultimately limit individual freedoms and take more $$ than we have.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 3/31, 60 g protein 3/31, rx/vits 3/31, meditate 3/31, knee exercises 3/31, SWSY 0/8, play with Tumble 3/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 3/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    03/03 LT:SWSY-N, MT: Tumble "come!", lop downed branches-Y ST: call Carolyn D-N
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    morning ladies~
    we got about 10 inches of snow dumped on us overnight...my son stayed overnight and did his laundry...just watched the weather its supposed to stop so I am thinking we will be at work..
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,638 Member
    well at least I dont have to snow blow driveways and shovel off a deck anymore, just have to clean off my car..
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Bitter cold morning (for here) at 14 degrees F (-10 C), and my husband will be driving to town in the snow, which is just a band of it moving in and will be gone again soon. Luckily, yesterday's snow melted and the roads were able to completely dry yesterday afternoon, which is good, as he has to cross a massive river bridge to get to work. Not worried about him, he grew up in Alaska, so he knows how to drive on ice/snow, it's all the Arkansans out there that worry me. :#

I, on the other hand, am working at home quite happily today (well, I'm happy about it most days anyway, but especially when it's yucky outside). But, a couple of frigid days, then up in the 60s by the end of the week. Fingers crossed, it's the last freeze of the winter.

Self-indulgent weekend is showing on the scale, so time to get my rebellion rounded up, my ca-ca corralled, my poop in a group. Pick a metaphor, any metaphor. :)

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,433 Member
    uuuuu
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,577 Member
    Good day!

LISA- it is that cold here too! I am thankful our snow only stuck to grassy surfaces. Some patchy ice on driveway, but not bad. Just bitter cold! Wish I could stay home.

NYKAREN- i got my 4th crown in last week. The prep sitting sucks! Hugs!

I made it to grocery yesterday. We had homemade chicken n dumplings for dinner with homemade apple crisp dessert. So yummy!

Didn't get anything else done that i had wanted to. Helped husband finish cleaning and sorting die cast from friend! We gave away 3 extra large trash bags. We still have 10 file boxes and 6 jumbo totes full! My son in law has a garage full to sell for friend. What a mess! Nice that it is more manageable now, but had hoped when a friend came over that I would have had done time for me stuffs.....

Work then massage. Yay on massage!

Have a blessed day!
    Welcomes!
    Hugs!
    Wise choices!

<3
    Kylia freezing her bum off in Ohio
  • suzu_2
    suzu_2 Posts: 311 Member
    :s I did not log AT ALL yesterday AND I ate out of control for the first time in 50+days!!!
    I gained 2.5 pounds over the course of the last 24 hours according to my scale!! Sheeesh - This is why I need a support group (or a keeper... or to have my jaws wired shut... Lol)

Can't believe it is Monday already (In my case it may be a good thing just to get me back on a routine)! Back to the drawing board today - Thanks!
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,280 Member
    NYKaren - Love your snow pics!

Okie
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    Good morning Ladies -

I have been busy doing home office cleanup projects. I have scanned and shredded all of our old tax returns, and by all I mean going back to when we got married 30+ years ago. I also scanned in and shredded all of the house paperwork to go with the different house purchases and sells. Dad's estate and my Uncle's estate paperwork was all gone through and scanned/shredded too. I had paperwork related to a house we rented in Houston almost 30 years ago (it was in a file box in the top of the closet), needless to say I just shredded it. All told I have (so far) 6-55 gallon barrel trash bags and 3 kitchen trash bags full of shredded papers. I also sorted and filed in pressboard folders jewelry receipts with a space to put the appraisals in when I finally get them done....something else I am procrastinating on. It's amazing how much more room I have in the office closet now. The next step is to get the empty storage boxes out to the shop to use there and reorganize the drawers in the office and the office closet. I might work on it today....we'll see. My butt is a little tired of sitting in the office chair I have been in it so much for the past week.

Okie in the TX Hill Country (where it is freezing, literally, for a change)

When are you coming to Australia?