WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    klanders30 wrote: »
    Allie we are sharing some of your snow! I will be going in to work late and hopefully :s facing the DDS for my permanent crown today—lucky me ;) 2 hours in the chair!

So to flip that, I’m going into the gym early so I can feel strong and In charge ;)

NYKAREN

I'm facing a similar dental experience. I have had a root canal and crown on my back molar for over twenty years. Last set of x-rays showed a small cavity forming in that tooth. I now have to have the crown popped off, cavity filled and new crown put on. My dentist makes her own crowns there in her office so when you leave you are done. BUT it has to be it fitted a couple of times, then you wait while it's "baked" in the "oven" and finally it is put on permanently, LONG time in chair. I was supposed to go last week but her mother became very ill and she had to leave town, now my appointment is set for April 1. NOT looking forward to that. I hate dental visits, tho I do go every six months for clean and check.

Lisa, you get about the same weather as we do, as you're only a few hours drive East of us. We are 10 degrees with wind chill -7. Too cold for me. Glad I have my in-home exercise equipment. Take care if you have to be out and about <3

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    Good morning Ladies -

I have been busy doing home office cleanup projects. I have scanned and shredded all of our old tax returns, and by all I mean going back to when we got married 30+ years ago. I also scanned in and shredded all of the house paperwork to go with the different house purchases and sells. Dad's estate and my Uncle's estate paperwork was all gone through and scanned/shredded too. I had paperwork related to a house we rented in Houston almost 30 years ago (it was in a file box in the top of the closet), needless to say I just shredded it. All told I have (so far) 6-55 gallon barrel trash bags and 3 kitchen trash bags full of shredded papers. I also sorted and filed in pressboard folders jewelry receipts with a space to put the appraisals in when I finally get them done....something else I am procrastinating on. It's amazing how much more room I have in the office closet now. The next step is to get the empty storage boxes out to the shop to use there and reorganize the drawers in the office and the office closet. I might work on it today....we'll see. My butt is a little tired of sitting in the office chair I have been in it so much for the past week.

Okie in the TX Hill Country (where it is freezing, literally, for a change)

I still have my very first Income Tax Return from 1967, the year I graduated High School and went to work for an attorney. I was still 17. I think I'm going to have to pay for a shredding service to come as my little shredder just cannot handle our daunting task of old paperwork. :(

Janetr OKC
  • Wila6468
    Wila6468 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your group. I have been putting my weight loss goal on the back burner for too long. Now that I am in my 50s I have come to the point that I don't want to carry this heavy physical load. I have been able through the grace of God to make it here and would like to have some support from others who share similar struggles and are meeting their individual goals daily. :) Accountability is the key for me.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Wila: Welcome! :)
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Michele: Thank you for your kind thoughts. I’m glad that your bone density meds are working well. While I’m sitting upright after my bone density meds I visit with this group. The half an hour flies by. :star:

Barbara: We haven’t seen a big influx of homeless here in our little town. They seem to congregate under bridges in Portland. That city has created homes in old buildings and also warming facilities, that seem to be well used from my outsider’s pov. Even so, they have people in sleeping bags under overpasses and bridges. We have local people with mental and physical challenges here, and as the county seat we are the logical place for a project to serve county residents. A non-profit group is building a project that will include housing and social services. Their clients have special needs of various kinds & are already residents of our county. They come from the surrounding countryside & various little towns here. The shipping crate homes that have been proposed will be aimed at first time home buyers and/or retirees. They’ll buy the home and pay a lease fee to the city for use of publicly owned land under their homes. As far as I know, no construction has been done thus far on the shipping crate idea. :star:

Machka: You are amazing, in my opinion. I’m sorry the county social worker is such a nuisance. :grumble:

Allie: I am so happy that you don’t have to snow blow driveways and shovel off a deck any more. You deserve your new, better life. :heart:

Wila: Welcome to a great group! :smiley:

DH has a doctor’s appointment today with our local doctor and will be going by himself while I go to yoga. He has an appointment with his MS doctor tomorrow and I plan to go along.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • noegrand123
    noegrand123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Hi Wila!

-20 windchill here today and I gained one pound! It’s Monday!
  • spikeyhair
    spikeyhair Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    KATLA I think somewhere here in UK they have used shipping containers for homes
    Doing well on logging and loads of exercise so weight creeping down again after weeks of gaining and losing the same lbs

Kate UK <3
  • BellaB1363
    BellaB1363 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    Hello, Everyone. I'm new to this board, and have only been using MFP for a few weeks (DH and I are losing together). We came to MFP via the Wharton Medical Clinic in Hamilton (Ontario). I am taking Saxenda in conjunction with using MFP (he's not). I am down 8 lbs since February 22nd and very happy for the great start.

I have been overweight pretty much my entire life. I even had gastric bypass in 2011, but "fell off the wagon, dragged it into the woods, set fire to it and made S'mores" ... in other words, I let myself slip (horrifically) and gained back about 80 lbs. My goal is to lose about 100 lbs and keep it off. It's still early days on the Saxenda, so I can't comment on its ability just yet. No major side effects either. I think taking it at night before bedtime helps with that - I sleep through them all.

I look forward to taking part in this board. Keep warm! Spring's not very far away.
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Rita: Happy Birthday :)