WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,830 Member
    Options
    Happy Mardi Gras! Love the stories of taxes, ancient paperwork, etc.! Welcome new ladies! Found time to read, but had to shovel this morning in the frigid cold (8* here; -5* with the windchill!), so no time to comment. Love to you all! KJ
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Barbara: Good news about your loan. Hope you love the new stove and hood.
  • KetoneKaren
    KetoneKaren Posts: 6,411 Member
    Options
    <3
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,611 Member
    Options
    B)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,932 Member
    Options
    :)Barbara, great news about your loan and your stove. I got my new stove in November and even though I don't cook much, I love it every time I use it and every time I look at it.

• SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,352 Member
    Options
    o:)
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,167 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    My word for 2019 is CHOICE with a different word chosen for each month.
    The word for February was PROGRESSION

My word for March is ACCEPTANCE
    I am working on accepting that there are trade-offs that we have to make from time to time.
    March Goals
    • Log food/stay under goal 3/4
    • 9000 steps a day 4/4
    • 60+ minutes intentional exercise daily 4/4
    • Weigh less at the end than now
    • Complete Weeks 6-10 of 10 week Boditrax course
    Finally caught up!

Was out at Patchwork this morning. Working on my first quilt design.

Just heading out for a walk with hubster.

☘️ Irish Terri
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Sue: Your salmon lunch sounds wonderful!!!! Good news about your tire. We like Les Schwab, too. :star:

Machka: I would be highly tempted to file a formal complaint against this back to work coordinator. Can you save these emails and take them to DH’s doctor? Would he be in a position to get this woman to modify her “mission” to something that is actually helpful? :grumble:

Irish Terri: Your artists are lucky that the shipping containers are available for their art. Do they also paint the containers to make them an artistic statement? :huh:

Lisa: A year ago we cleaned out our old tax statements. Our accountant has a huge locked bin that is available to his clients, and a shredding truck comes and shreds all. We unloaded things that were decades old. :bigsmile:

Barbara: I hope your home improvements are approved and you are able to get them done in the near future. :star:

Vicki GI NE: Nice to see you back! :bigsmile:

DH has an appointment with his MS doctor today and I will be there with him. He wants to weasel out of our RV trip and send me by air, alone. I am not enthused about going by air, by myself. I also do not think it is wise to leave him home alone. :noway:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Poerava14
    Poerava14 Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Lisa: I'm as sentimental as you are. Moving across continents and oceans has increased my capacity for releasing anything remotely irrelevant. I love shredding old documents and stuff. Hope the knee swelling goes down and the grant awards go up.

Katla: Really, really praying that DH will rally, and you two will go out in the RV to visit the kids, as well as enjoy all the fun and adventure that comes from travelling together.

Rita: Happy Birthday.

Barbara: Excited for you and your renovations. Keep us posted.

Sue in WA: How is your DH doing?

This AM Mars the Leash Loving Cat found a mouse on our porch. Good kitty chased it back to its hole outside and when the mighty hunter wakes from his mid-morning nap, he'll be nagging to get back outside to continue his patrol. 😸😸😸 He is my biggest stress-buster.

DH turns 75 in June, and to celebrate we are going to visit good friends in Portland. Will be a short trip as they have been having chronic health issues which actually prevented them from coming to see us last year. I got a hotel room downtown using points accumulated when I was a busy business traveler. Then, my friend informed me that we will be there during the peak of the Rose Festival, so there should be lots to see and do. Can't wait.

Sun is out. Temps will be above freezing for the first time in 3 days. I'm off to the gym, then to get groceries. Stay well friends. We can, and are doing this!

Rori
    SMILING in
    Colorado Foothills

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    :)
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,747 Member
    Options
    Michele - that temperature change must be hard to deal with.

NYKaren - that was a brilliant way of gaining control.

Lisa - I am like you, as far as financial paperwork. I get rid of it as soon as I am legally able to.

Barbara - woohoo on the tentative loan approval. That will be so nice for you to have done.

Kylia - like you I love all the blasts to the past.

I have a couple of shopping lists that were my maternal Grandmother’s and my paternal Grandfather’s My grandmothers is a Christmas shopping list from the early 1930’s, her entire family’s shopping was done for about 6.00. I think there were about 8 people she bought for, the most expensive was a “robe for Mother - 2.00”. My grandfather’s is from the early 1920’s when he travelled by horse and foot from New Brunswick to California to work in the woods. He logged all of his expenses and earnings. I also have the negatives of the pictures he took on that trip. For my own paperwork I have in my wedding book the first grocery receipt we had. For two weeks our total was 118.00. That barely gets three days of groceries now.

Katla - I truly hope that your husband goes with you. I would be so torn myself as to whether to go without him or not.

Rori - sounds like you will have a great trip.

Today I am going to spend a few hours working on the job search again. I find Tuesday and Wednesday are the days that most companies post. I get email alerts for several job search sites but a lot seem to be very repetitive. It’s a very discouraging task.

I have been invited to my cousins for a couple days as her husband will be away. I’m trying to decide whether to go or not. I know if I do it will be a very lazy, inactive, heavy eating weekend. I have been doing well and don’t know as I want to do it.

Ok off to search
    Tracey in Edmonton
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon Ladies -

I finished up the shredding/purging last night. Now to organize my hard drive and get it all ready to move to a new computer.

I am waiting at the Oral surgeons office for my appointment. I have to see him to get my TMJ meds refilled.

Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,235 Member
    Options
    Aaawwww, Lisa! <3
    Sometimes I am envious of those of you who had great mothers :'( ,but then I realise that the upside of having a not very good one is that I don't miss her. I did grow to sort of love her in the last few years of my life. ;) That was quite a relief to me. But I never mourned her.

Went to Swing dancing this evening. DH was a bit lost again. He is very brave and loving to go with me. We may get tickets for a big Swing evening on the 24th. A great band and some exhibition dancing as well as normal dancing. Plus a short lesson.

I spent ages trying to choose a large artificial green plant from a catalogue, which is to go in the corner of our dining room. I decided on a lovely one, plucked up the courage to spend a big wodge of my own money, only to find they had none available. Grrrrrrrrrr!

Did some writing this morning.

Tomorrow I am having a hair trim in the afternoon, but I somehow have to fit in a run. I am doing a Parkrun on Saturday, so I must get one in. Haven't run since last Saturday.

Now to watch Shetland.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx