WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Rori: I’m happy that you and DH will be able to visit friends in the Portland area. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: Your mother’s long ago message to you is one of the nicest things I have ever read. :heart:

Terri: Welcome! :smiley:

Good news for me/us. The MS doctor was just fine with DH taking an extended RV trip. That makes 3 doctors on my side. :bigsmile: Unfortunately, DH is still not enthused about the idea. I think the segment that leads to VA is the worrisome part for him, and I have a little of that worry as well. There is loads more traffic in Virginia than we are used to dealing with. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,908 Member
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :)Machka, my husband and I go to each others' doctor's appointments even for simple things. You are so right to accompany your husband to see someone who seems to misunderstand what's going on.

<3 Barbie from sunny NW WA

Yes, he comes to my appointments too. He even came and sat with me through Stage 1 of my root canal and probably will in Stage 2 coming up soon too.

I find it helps to have a second person in the room to remember what was said and to remind if there's something we've forgotten.

So I mentioned above that I have let him have most of his physio and psychologist appointments on his own ... I usually go to the first one with a new physio when he's providing his background information because I can fill in some gaps for him, and it gives me a chance to see what kind of treatment the person is thinking of. Then I'll leave him to it for a while, and might join them for another appointment a few weeks down the road to see how things are progressing.

However, for his really important appointments I'll go along as a second set of ears. I might not say much at all during the appointment, but I'm listening so that I can go over it later if necessary.

M in Oz

• LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Machka, your continued strength as you fight for your husband's future is amazing. I'm always happy to see you taking time to just be with each other, doing things you love to do. Keep slugging it out with the folks who are trying to tick off boxes, rather than go to the trouble to actually assist. He deserves that, and so do you.

Regards,
    Lisa in AR
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,565 Member
    Options
    kevrit wrote: »
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes! Warmer today and sunny out so went for a 2.5 mile hike. I listened to a podcast while walking. Didn't even notice the walk! Felt good though to clear my mind if stressors and get some cardio in at the same time!

RV Rita

Oops, happy birthday 🎉🎊
  • pipcd34
    Options
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Evening all! NO kids tonight so that I could get over to my MIL's house and get things moved out and a little bit of cleaning done. Well, the family hired a cleaning crew to do the cleaning and Tim and the boys are going tomorrow with a rental truck and will just get everything, then! Tonight to myself! Woo-hoo!
    Regarding saved older documents: When my parents passed and my sibs and I were going through all of their photos, journals, saved things; I found a hall pass written for my dad from his high school principal. My dad had left high school to get a job, then ended up enlisting in the Marines; he served four years, then returned to high school to get his diploma as a 22 year old student. His hall pass gave him permission to "smoke in the boiler room or in the teacher's back parking lot" due to the fact that he was a veteran. lol I thought it was quite funny and kept it. I also have one of my report cards from early elementary where my teacher commented that I was a daydreamer and a flibbertygibbet (?). Back then parents had to sign the report card and return it and there was a space for "parent comments" and my dad wrote: "we like her that way; but we will talk to her about it." lol
    Margaret- I always keep an eye on the weather you are having, because I know I will have it in a day or two, when it moves across the lake! Stay warm!
    Yvonne- BEautiful dog! You know, with a name like Forrest, if he ever gets off leash, SOMEONE is going to be yelling "Run, Forrest! Run!" Is he part greyhound or whippet? Long thin muzzle.
    Pip - Love that picture of you and Kirby! Is that a new one?

Well, my brain is mush. It has been busy with all things Mardi Gras today! Have to get the deco down and then I will be able to sit and zone out for a bit before beddy bye. Love and hugs to all! welcome newbies! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Nah they are all old
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 8.10min, 11.6amph, 141mhr, 1.5mi= 94c
    SKI MACHINE- 30min, 118ahr, 147mhr, 15resist, incl2-4, 1.58mi= 230c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 6.30min, 138mhr, 13.8amph, 1.4mi= 74c
    bike ride puy 2 sumn sta- 15.18min, 11.9amph, 150mhr, 3mi= 163c
    jog sta 2 wrk- 4.57min, 9.27min mi, 154mhr, .5mi= 71c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.26min, 152mhr, 9.43min mi, .4mi= 62c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 18.21min, 8.6amph, 151mhr, 2.6mi= 198c

total cal 892
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Lisa & Janet: Went to the Ortho dr. today and will be scheduled for my first knee replacement. He immediately set me up to do the PT work before it goes any further. Just hoping my DH can be patient and supportive through the process. Scared...I am terrified!

Carol in GA

Carol, I sure wish you were not so terrified. Truthfully, my knees were so painful, to the point I was was in agony before finishing grocery shopping. By the time I had the first knee replacement, I don't think it was all that much worse than what I'd been experiencing for years. Hang in there, sweetie. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Do you have the surgery date?

Big hugs!!

Janetr OKC
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,633 Member
    Options

Hi Gals,
    The name game… I am Kim (NOT Kimberly) so I started digging… what an internet rat hole! I hid it…
    Kim as a girl's name is of Old English origin meaning "Cyneburg's field". It is a short form of Kimberly and has been used as an independent name since the mid 20th century. Kim is also a Korean name meaning "gold".

In English the meaning of the name Kim is: Bold family. Bold kin. Famous Bearer: The hero of Rudyard Kipling's novel 'Kim'.

Meaning of name Kim
    Who is she?

Kim is a sensitive and emotional woman with a very charming manner, who is eager to please and be liked in return. She is rather outgoing and seeks the company of others, with whom she is sociable, communicative, and particularly accommodating and helpful. She may need to be guided, given her hesitant, undecided and somewhat impressionable nature. She is refined, a perfectionist (fussy even), and not indifferent to beauty, aesthetics and art. Kim is very sensitive to comfort as well as harmony in her family environment, and both are necessary for her emotional well-being. Indeed, emotional distress can have significant impact on her equilibrium, and may cause her to become withdrawn. She is of fine moral character and strong-willed, with the possible exception of when her feelings have been hurt: Indeed, her emotional environment has a stimulating effect, and if she feels alone or abandoned she tends to lose her motivation in whatever she´s doing. Therefore, when she is a child, care must be taken in the expression of affection: if she feels that she is not loved enough, (or indeed if she considers that she is loved too much) she can be known to indulge in a certain indolence, becoming apathetic and even lazy. It is imperative to empower her to become autonomous and responsible, but again, be careful not to go too far: the karmic 6 means that she could experience particular difficulty in relation to her family, and is capable of disowning them completely, or by contrast, she may feel constantly obliged to them... Extremely sensitive to beauty and harmony, it would be very beneficial for her to cultivate an artistic hobby, avoiding scattering her energy too far and wide, because she tends to be rather versatile. She is an adherent to the "path of least resistance" and prefers to side-step problems when they arise...

What does she like?
    Deep down, Kim is far from materialist, and is inclined to live her life according to more spiritual values. Daydreaming of a perfect world is equally a perfect way for her to escape reality, which can sometimes be harsh with all its worries and problems. On the same note, she also loves travelling and anything else that breaks the monotony. In her emotional life she can lack objectivity, and could be described as a "sentimental fool", who dreams of a thrilling romance with Prince Charming, once she has found him that is. She needs to idealize the man she loves, and this tends to lead to disappointment when she discovers that "the chosen one" isn´t perfect, after all. On the other hand, settling down and starting a family is paramount for her, but she is very elitist: making decisions in love isn´t always easy for her and she can be known to falter at the fateful moment! Furthermore, she is rather demanding and tends to be somewhat critical of her partner due to her keen analytical mind and attention to detail... Even so, she can also be patient and understanding - if he´s worth it, in which case she is capable of utter devotion...

What does she do?
    Her home life will probably be her number one priority, although she could be tempted by a career of artistic or esthetic orientation, professions connected with the fields of medicine and healthcare, ecology, zoology, as well as occupations requiring accuracy and attention to detail.

The name Kim, which is often short for Kimberly, in an English given name. It is typically seen as an effeminate name, however, it actually originated as a shortened version of Kimball, the name of the male protagonist in Rudyard Kipling’s book, Kim.
    The English meaning of Kim comes from the Old English word cynebeald, which means “bold kin,” or “bold king.”

Lisa – the mouse and note from your Mom made me cry! What a wonderful keepsake.

Dana - What part of California is your family? I would be fun to meet!

Tracey in Edmonton – (((((((((((( Hugs)))))

Kim from N. California
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,353 Member
    Options
    Did Prevention’s Get Moving DVD. The plan for tomorrow is to take the deep water class.

Kylia – “a garage heater”? To be honest, I’d never heard of one. Is it something that sits on the floor? I’d love to have a heater in the garage.

Happy Mardi Gras day everyone!

Irish Terry – I’m starting to get one of the quilts that I have to quilt (hand) ready to be quilted. One thing I don’t completely understand is about hiding your threads. Can you give me an easier explanation?

Rori – It’s said that having a cat on your lap lowers your blood pressure. I know it does mine. Happy early birthday to your hubby. Sounds like you have a great trip planned.

Carol – listen to Lisa. She’s been there recently and is giving you great advice

Lisa – would you please pass me a tissue????

Yvonne – Forest is gorgeous

Welcome to everyone new! Just jump right in, the water’s fine!!!!

Katla – I’m glad the MS doc is OK with your hubby taking the trip.

Newcomers had a Mardi Gras party tonight. It was nice. They had jambalya (which was good), I had some sort of shrimp (I think it was) sandwich, a bignet (had to try one, I wasn’t impressed) and some baby cake (another thing I had to try). While I was there I met a lady I knew from bowling. I didn’t remember getting her application. Well, it seems that Carol had it and gave it to Greg. I need it. I need it for the birthdays, to inform activity leaders of interests, to be able to tell one gal where the person heard from us. Adra had given the application to Vince. When I went to put her on the mail list, she was already on. I’m guessing that Greg did it. Only he did it incorrectly. I’d told him before how to do it, but he’s still doing it his way. I’m not positive it’s him, but if it is, I just wish he’d leave the mail list alone. A while ago Adra was telling me how this one person isn’t getting our emails. Well, maybe his fooling around with the mail list has something to do with it. I don’t know what, but if she says to me again that this gal isn’t getting our notices, I’ll tell her that someone else is fooling around with the mail list, doing things incorrectly, and they might have done something. I tell you, if they want to do everything…..be my guest. Of course, that also means telling the activity heads, telling the publicity gal where someone heard about us, telling the gal who does the newsletter the birthdays and where they moved from. Adra’s “new” application has a big (to me) flaw. It doesn’t say “where did you move from” for EACH member or “where is your hometown” for EACH member. I think I need a kitty in my lap to calm me down. I hate having to go around and clean up someone else’s mess and then being responsible for something that they may have messed up, especiall when I told them before how it should be done.

I think I’m going to try (again) for Lent giving up eating after dinner except for fruits. We shall see how this goes

Michele in NC