WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,200 Member
    Options
    Hi, we have been asked to have Bea this Thursday morning while DDIL does some charity work. We said yes, as we love having just one child and she is a great, positive joy. We will have to get up extra early to do our exercises! But she is such a positive and confident child that we love to have her. I will be leaving before she leaves to get to my dancing class, but DH can manage!

WELCOME new people! :D<3 We all started somewhere! I lost my weight very slowly and even more slowly increased my exercise. Now I am at target and maintaining with a healthy lifestyle, but it didn't happen overnight. :noway: I had to learn how to eat and how to exercise. I was a dedicated anti-exerciser! Now I am an addict!

The nurse at the clinic wants me to do a week of blood pressure measurements at home. My pressure was a tiny bit high, but not by much. It's generally much lower at home. I take 10 mgs Amlodipine. It's a mystery to me why I have high blood pressure as I do all the right things, except for the fact that my mother had it. I find it very annoying.

Much love, Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    drkatiebug wrote: »
    janetr7476 wrote: »

I still have my very first Income Tax Return from 1967, the year I graduated High School and went to work for an attorney. I was still 17. I think I'm going to have to pay for a shredding service to come as my little shredder just cannot handle our daunting task of old paperwork. :(

Janetr OKC

Y’all know I am the queen of decluttering and organizing, but this is one thing I just cannot let go of. I have every one of ours from 1975 to the present, filed in order by year. All but the last 7 are in a huge hanging file box in the attic. The last 7 are in a smaller file box in our office, My kids will just have to make a bonfire when Dave and I are gone,

I think my kids and grandkids will get a good laugh when they see my income for 1967 lol

Janetr OKC
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    Options
    Janetr my dentist does the same thing. When had crown in the fall got there at 10 not done til 1:30. They wanted an x-ray to make sure all the grit was gone I was too tired. Hope it goes well for you.

Rita Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) In 1991 when I cleaned out my mother's house after she died and got rid of lots of stuff including her income tax returns going back to 1933 when she filed for the first time, I felt good about being able to let go of official documents that really didn't have to be saved. When I told my accountant that I'd done that, she was so disappointed that I'd done that because she said she would have loved to see the old returns.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Janetr my dentist does the same thing. When had crown in the fall got there at 10 not done til 1:30. They wanted an x-ray to make sure all the grit was gone I was too tired. Hope it goes well for you.

Rita Happy Birthday :flowerforyou:

She's done two before for me, that's why I'm dreading it so much :)

Janetr OKC
  • janetr7476
    Options
    barbiecat wrote: »
    :) In 1991 when I cleaned out my mother's house after she died and got rid of lots of stuff including her income tax returns going back to 1933 when she filed for the first time, I felt good about being able to let go of official documents that really didn't have to be saved. When I told my accountant that I'd done that, she was so disappointed that I'd done that because she said she would have loved to see the old returns.

Wow, crazy. In my Mom's stuff we found rent reciepts for like $8.00 for the month. Wow

Janetr OKC
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,606 Member
    Options
    <3
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Dana - what a horrible thing your DS did.... In my family deaths are opportunities to pull out the worst behavior you have and display it for all to see! It's always a trial. ((((((((((((((hugs)))))))))))))))))
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,535 Member
    Options
    Llll
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,048 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I have a bill of sale for a car my parents bought in 1950. They had to pay extra to get an automatic turn signal. I would have to look at it again I think it was about $3. The car cost about $1800 total. It was fun to find it.
  • janetr7476
    Options
    Loving these stories of old paperwork with dollar amounts. Kinda blows the mind :)

Janetr OKC
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,907 Member
    Options
    :) Going through old paperwork and old photos is an emotional experience. Each item has a story from my past and I can deal with only a few of them at a time. Thus I limit myself to six or fewer items a day and find that I'm not emotionally overwhelmed. At the rate of six items a day, I can deal with about 2000 in a year. A few years ago I sorted through my own income tax returns going back to 1967 when I filed for the first time. My accountant suggested that I keep the return and any documents related to sale or purchase of real estate. As I separated the return from the accompanying paperwork, it was like throwing away a work of art. I can remember how hard I worked to gather the information and keep it organized in case of an audit. Doing my income tax was a creative process for me and represented a ton of work.
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hugs ladies!
    qdsmztifq1yc.jpg
    I love a beautiful door knob!💗
    💗Rebecca
  • suebdew
    suebdew Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Went to Y and couldn’t believe the parking lot was full. It was 28 degrees but people were tire of being indoors. Stopped by store to get water before getting back home.
    Yvonne- your post brought tears to my eyes. Some things you never forget. ((((Hugs))))
    Suzu- did you see Pip’s message?
    Rita-Happy Birthday. Loved the picture.
    Another below freezing night, just hope my plants can survive.
    Suebdew in TX