WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Jill, I hope you will keep coming back. I read this thread with my breakfast every morning and have been eating the same breakfast and reading every morning for years. This has helped me lose weight and keep it off for years. Tell us more about yourself so we can get to know you. I am a retired elementary school teacher living with wonderful husband, two dogs, and a cat. My exercise program includes walking my dogs (about two hours a day), riding my recumbent exercise bike while watching TV with my husband, and going to line dance classes twice a week. Sometimes I do weight exercises based on the book "Strong Women Stay Young".

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • noegrand123
    noegrand123 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Welcome Marianne and Jill!

Sunny here today!!! Makes all the difference!

Have a great day everyone! Holly in Missouri
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    Lisa - It took me months, if not years, to work up to my current level of rowing. :noway: I am of the slow but sure school, I guess, but once I'm there I tend to stick at it. Making it a habit you rarely break is the secret. Scheduled time and days. Building up to something sustainable. Otherwise the initial enthusiasm just wanes and it will be a bit of junk in the corner.

My big news for the day is I did a PB on the elliptical. :drinker: Not just by a little bit, but by a whole minute!!!!! I always set the level to 15 resistance and I burn 100 calories. Today I did it in 13.20. My previous best, in my last house, was a minute slower.

Now to get on with my weights. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

Kylia -
    Congratulations to you for going 'home'. <3 Whether it's by yourself or with your husband. Reminds me I must make the trip up (alone) to see my son in Nottingham.

i was first thinking peanut butter (PB) then i remember, you guys abbreviate and i read the rest, oh, she means personal best :0/
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Pip: I had no idea what "PB" meant either. :) Looked up slang for PB and guess it means "personal best".
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    My we all think food first! I also thought pb= peanut butter! Lol
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,212 Member
    Options
    Yup, PB is what we say. It's our normal language. You say PR.

DH was heading out of the door for a walk, so I joined him and did a slow jog. I am still stiff from Saturday, but I managed a 5k. Actually I stopped at the half way point and we bought an Italian chocolate ice cream cone each. So I walked for 200 yards while I ate it. Heavenly! The sun was shining and the air was so clear that the off shore wind farm was visible in all its detail. Sometimes you can't even see it. Four women were trying to get into the water, but the waves were too rough, so they just sat at the water's edge and shrieked every time a freezing cold wave broke over them. :D Not my idea of fun, but people swim every day ! :o

Much love to all and WELCOME to the new people! Sorry about your cornea, Mary. :'( But congrats on keeping off that weight!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Quick drive by posting and reading! As I was all caught up last night, it only took me a few minutes to catch up this morning! Great feeling!
    Katla, Woohoo for the riding compliment!
    Rebecca, beautiful china photos, is this your stuff or just stuff you've seen?
    Lisa, wow, 5 weeks post surgery already? Doesn't seem possible! Glad all is going well.
    Mary, so happy for you that your eye didn't decide to act up til you were on your way home and that everything fell into place with Dr etc. Sure hope you can get it all under control quickly. Congrats on your loss!
    Took me a minute to figure out PB also! lol
    So today is official wi day, I am up but only .2 of a pound and dinner was salty last night, so I'm okay with it. Especially since I'm down almost a pound from yesterday a.m.! Yes, I know I probably shouldn't weigh myself every day, but it's a habit I've gotten into and I kind of get the jitters if I can't do it. lol
    Off to the gym!
    Hugs for those needing them, congrats to those celebrating and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :) I watch a lot of figure skating competition so PB made sense to me immediately.

:)Mary, I haven't had the health challenges you've had, but I've had a few things happen seemingly with no warning and have had to learn a lot of lessons about patience and retraining. Congrats on your weight loss.

:)Dana, Happy Birthday. I hope you enjoy your special meal

:)Katla, I know how much you like riding and ride for your own pleasure and sense of accomplishment, but how great to get praise from the teacher.

:) I have a lot of my Monday chores finished already and 7900 steps. It promises to be a great day.

<3 Barbie from NW WA where temps are staying above freezing.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Happy birthday, Dana!
    pctealqk534b.gif
  • Snowflake1968
    Snowflake1968 Posts: 6,741 Member
    Options
    Felicia - I am fortunate to know most of my family history on all sides. My paternal side came from England and settled in Watertown, Mass in 1630. He was one of 41 to organize the second oldest church in New England. He also in 1634 was hired with another man to survey and lay out the lots and roads of Watertown.

Sharon - I have enjoyed Miette hot springs as well on one of our trips. I just love the mountains.

Heather - I would not be able to count on my hubby for help cleaning and truthfully probably wouldn’t want his help. I actually find cleaning quite relaxing. I’m so impressed by your running, you must be so proud of yourself.

Evelyn - our premier tried to end the time change a few years ago. It was vetoed partly due to the cost to businesses that had interested in other provinces. I think if it stops it will need to stop for all provinces at once. I agree it is unnecessary though.

Kelly - so sorry for you and Tim on your loss. I think you writing was perfect.

Michele - when is the shower for Denise? I need to start planning a bridal shower soon I guess. Sorry to hear about your Wii, are they still making them?

Machka - happy belated birthday. Hope you had a chance to enjoy some poutine.

Rori - I like The Ranch and The Crown on Netflix. Absolutely love Grace and Frankie.

Kylia - I think you deserve a visit home.

Dana - happy birthday

Well that took some time to get caught up. I went to my cousins for a couple days, I left Thursday around 11 and came home Saturday around 6. I ate way too much junk and stayed up too late, but I enjoyed my visit.

Yesterday I did not feel well at all and even ended up having a nap, which I never do.

Today I need to get into the craft room and finish a couple of projects and I need to look at the job boards again. I am finding the job search so discouraging.

Have a great day everyone.
    Tracey in, finally above 0, Edmonton
  • okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Dana!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    1948Peachy wrote: »
    Pip: I had no idea what "PB" meant either. :) Looked up slang for PB and guess it means "personal best".

I wasn’t thinking of food at all, it’s just the abbreviation for peanut butter, I then read the rest , lmao
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome!!

Barbara - the iPhone step counter woefully undercounts. I bought a pedometer, but no place did it say that it was for a person with a minimum stride of 30 inches. It was worse than my iPhone!

That China is beautiful!!!

Connie in KY
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Sorry Carol, I will learn everyone's names eventually. It made such a huge difference in my dog I have to bath her twice a week but it is worth it to see all the sores gone and her skin healthy.