Options

Replies

• 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Dana ~ Have a wonderful birthday!

Kelly ~ Very nice tribute to Doreen.

Janet ~ Love those two little girls!

Barbara ~ Scooter looks so cute in the photo. Hope the vet can cure what ails him. My Pom is 9 going on 10 and still just as frisky as can be. Took him to the vet yesterday as he has chronic skin problems (losing fur and irritated bald spots). They put him on antibiotics again and prednisone in addition to the thyroid med he takes daily. I think they are going to put him on a new allergy med as what he was on isn't working.

Welcome to all new chatters!

Carol in GA
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,919 Member
    Options
    :)Kelly, The writing about your MIL is fabulous. Print it in a larger than usual font so it's easy to see and practice reading aloud (as others have suggested) several times so it will feel natural to read.

<3 Barbie
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    ps Kelly, I could not see your hair video.... I'd love to see a picture of it.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Beth: THANK YOU! I’ve read most of the information you posted about the DNA testing and have bookmarked the site so that I can go back and finish. :flowerforyou:

Rebecca: It is good to hear that you & your DG are taking care of your health. I’m betting your son did very well on his 1st class petty officer test. :star:

Kim: I hope that you enjoy your mom’s birthday dinner. I’ve eaten at an Outback in Colorado when DD lived there. The food was of excellent quality and enormous portions. :smiley:

Evie: Thanks for your good wishes regarding DH’s next doctors’ report. This will be a gastroenterologist. :star:

Janetr: Have I already mentioned that I think your DGGD resembles you? What a pretty little girl! :heart:

Machka: I join you in wishing for year around daylight time. We just sprang ahead this morning. :bigsmile:

KJ: I love your comments about your MIL and quotations from The Velveteen Rabbit.

Kim: I love your comments on Daylight time. “star:

Changing all the clocks is an aggravation. Our clocks have been reset, except for the clock radio in the bedroom. I can’t seem to get it to change in the correct direction. DH will have to do it.

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Kelly,
    That was beautiful! I do also believe I have "come into myself", knowing what makes me happy. I appreciate people, especially my eldest sister. Being that she is 7 years older than me, I think she "Mommied" me without even realizing it. But as years have gone by, our relationship is even. We are both old, worn, with happy eyes, and Real like you say. That's why its so frustrating to see our middle sister so introverted. No interaction, no empathy, for me that would be a terrible existence! And there lies the issue, its my feelings, and imprinting those on her life isn't fair. I tell her every so often, when I just miss her, miss bouncing life off her, I tell her I'm mad, mad, mad! She has time to like click every blinking thing on my Facebook page, but not say hi???? Oye!😁

Watching "Pioneer Woman", just absorbing info.👍
    My deer just walked by the window. I swear she peeks in! Deer are strange, how they can eat grass, and poop at the same time. Utterly oblivious, just munching. The life of a deer.. Dangerously self reliant on specific neighborhoods, and most likely get fed at my homes. Our Bruiser elk named Walter was on the news last week. He is the lone make that swam to our island many years ago. He has had many items stuck on his antlers. Most recent was a bound up blue tarp. Many worried people, and zillions of threads on it all, he was spotted tarpless, so Walter our bachelor, got it done.

Have a great Sunday all!
    💗Rebecca
    Whidbey island
    Washington

• evie1958
    evie1958 Posts: 852 Member
    Options
    Kelly, the words that you wrote for your MIL are a beautiful tribute. You may feel the need to tweak it a bit, I think it's great just the way it is.
    Rebecca, handsome bunch of men in your life!
    Janet, those two little girls are just so huggable!
    Barbara, thanks for the info on how to do a spoiler, just hope I can remember it! lol
    Rebecca, I think I've seen videos of Walter! Sorry that your sister is so uncommunicative, makes it difficult, I'm sure.
    Kim, thanks for the DST info, I was a bit familiar with some of it, but you are so right in that it's not necessary any more.
    I did manage to get to bed a bit earlier last night, so the time change didn't affect me too much. I am at work, so sleeping in is not an option, will be tomorrow tho! lol Still not managing the logging, but I am trying to pay more attention to what is going into my mouth and actually took some stuff out of the freezer this morning for the next few days so that will help everything immensely.
    Must go, hugs to those needing them, congrats to those celebrating, and welcome to the newbies!
    Evelyn, Vancouver Island
  • kevrit
    kevrit Posts: 3,846 Member
    Options
    Got behind this week. Too much going on here. Those of you on my FB page know what's been happening. I'm the kind of person that will get involved and help wherever. So got over 10,000 at least 4 times this week and kept to my calories and carb limit of under 35 grams. Happy about that!

Love and prayers to all that need them.Hugs too! Gotta go finish laundry.

Laters Ladies!
    RV Rita
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,632 Member
    Options
    Quick question - Heather?? Others?? I am, like Evelyn, trying to do some menu planning and was looking at the Hairy Bikers cookbook a number of things sound good, but there's a lot of lamb dishes I'm not a great lamb fan, and it is quite pricey what could I substitute for the lamb? Chicken? Pork? Tofu???

I'm quite bored with my usual items... so wanted to step out a bit.
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Morning everyone. Darn DLS time has messed up my routine so I am behind but am getting stuff done. Laundry and then off to the gym. I have had fun reading everyone's posts. Barbara, have you tried curabenz shampoo on your dog? My schnauzer mix had terrible allergic skin problems and this stuff cleared it up when nothing the vet had did, they sell it on amazon. lwssm6mfundy.jpg

• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,549 Member
    Options
    stats for the day:

stairclimber- 30min, fat burner program, 2160steps, 135floors, lvl6, 131ahr, 148mhr= 292c
    arm/chin up- 15.33min, 4sts of 10 ea, 5diff exercises, 138ahr, 155mhr, =177c
    outside walk- 47.15min, 1.1mi= 112c

total cal 581
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Megamom: I'm not Barbara but will try that shampoo. My poor Pom has suffered with allergic skin for years and we have spent several thousand dollars trying to help him. Hope this works.

Carol in GA
  • drkatiebug
    drkatiebug Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Kelly, beautiful tribute.

DST hate it in the beginning. Love it eventually. I do wish we would pick a time and stay there. I don’t care which one. Just pick one.

Michele, I’m with Vince. Leave me alone while I work on the taxes. I’m so glad ours are done.

I’m so ready for spring. I’m also ready for a couple of volunteer projects to be over. I hate living my life waiting for parts to be over. I feel like I’m wishing it away.

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,877 Member
    Options
    LisaInAR wrote: »
    Lisa Brava for rowing. How did your new knee like it?

Barbara, my new knee LOVES the rowing machine. The rest of my body, on the other hand, believes my cheese has slipped off my cracker. My legs are doing fine, as they've been engaged in physical therapy for nearly five straight weeks. My back, sides, ribs, upper and lower arms are all kinda yelling at me, but it's the good kind of soreness, if you know what I mean.

Today, I inched up from 300 to 400 strokes, from 8 minutes to 11 minutes, and my calorie burn is absolutely pitiful--but I'll get there. Trying to add at least 50 strokes each day, and a hundred if I can handle it. The last hurdle (hopefully) to get through now is just the internal swelling - not sure how to explain that - it's not painful, just sort of a mechanical pressure--as if there's not quite enough room for both the new knee and the muscles and flesh around it. Weird and annoying, but not debilitating. Putting ice on it regularly still.

I'm also up over 4,000 steps a day now, trying to add more of those in as and when I can. After Wednesday, we're supposed to get a couple weeks of 50/60 degree temps and sun, going to see if I can Corey out to walk around the nearby park with me.

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR

Easing into it is the way to go! :)

I'm wondering how my back and hip will react to my new rowing machine when it arrives. I'll likely have to ease into it as well.

M in Oz