WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2019

Options

Replies

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,802 Member
    Options
    Morning Ladies~I am up having my tea.. and going to work at a bit after 7am..working until one then have the electrician coming at 2 to price out putting my light fixtures up, I have track lighting that I want to get rid of..ive already paid the painter to come back and paint the ceiling so thats done, then have to have some wall covering on the far wall and on the back of the cabinet. hopefully I have enough. then I think im done for this year.. except maybe for a water heater.
  • LisaInAR
    LisaInAR Posts: 2,020 Member
    Options
    Morning, afternoon and evening, all,

Yesterday, it was 70 degrees (21C), and the first day where it actually felt spring might be on it's way. This morning, big weather system moving through, thunderstorms left, right and center, but supposed to be done by 9:30 a.m. or so, not that I had plans to be outside this morning anyway. :) I do love a storm.

Need to put in a couple hours research time this morning and tomorrow to make up for a morning spent handing out cookies yesterday. Fewer than you might think, but we're in cookie season here up until the 23rd, and I'm back at cookie cupboard the next two Fridays.

Did have time for a rare, extended conversation with one of my coworkers, and together we convinced the other one to go to the doctor, as she was sick. Then proceeded to sanitize everything she touched or coughed on, and hope my immune system is strong enough to fight off whatever caused her bronchitis.

Machka - happy birthday still... :)

Love y'all,
    Lisa in AR
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,177 Member
    Options
    We spent my Australian birthday hosting a 300 km cycling event.

Lots of time in Railton, Tasmania today! Railton is known as the Topiary Town:
    https://townoftopiary.com.au/wp/railton/

M in Oz
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    Wow Heather good run. You rock!

Betsy in NW Washington
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,980 Member
    Options
    :)Heather, I find the fact that you are running a great achievement. The only person you need to compete with is yourself. I admire you a lot.

:)Julia, Welcome. I found MFP at age 62 and with the help of the women on this thread, I lost the weight I wanted to lose and have kept it off for years. I read this thread every day and usually make a few comments.

:)Barbara, This is the dance that I taught https://copperknob.co.uk/stepsheets/little-nancy-mulligan-ID119017.aspx
    I love the music. We learned a harder dance to the same music in the intermediate class last year.

:'( The sky was starting to get light at 5:15 AM when I walked the dogs before breakfast. It was wonderful and I savored it because we'll lose that wonderful hour tonight when DST starts.

<3 Barbie in NW WA
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Felicia: I’ve never had genetic testing. My dad’s side was German, and my mom claimed to be “Heinz 57” but it appears her people were either German or German Swiss. I’d like to know a bit more about the testing. :star:

Kate: Nice socks. They look cozy and warm. :smiley:

Connie in KY: Welcome to a great group! :flowerforyou:

KJ: I’m so sorry for the loss of Tim’s mom. :heart: :broken_heart:

M in Oz: I hope that your physio therapist will be able to ease your discomfort. :flowerforyou:

Michelle: Congratulations to Denise for closing on her new townhouse! :bigsmile:

Sue: Thanks for your good wishes for DH to participate in the road trip. His MS doctor gave him a go ahead. He has been referred to an enterologist by his primary care doctor. That visit is the next hurdle. I’m keeping my fingers crossed. :star:

Lisa: I hope your coworker didn’t give you her bronchitis. :flowerforyou:

Megamom: Welcome to a great group! :smiley:

Heather: WTG!!! I admire your dedication to running. You’ve done a grand job transforming yourself. :heart: :star::heart:

Barbie: Thank you for the reminder that Daylight time will be starting tomorrow! I would choose daylight time year around if it was up to me. Alas, I don’t have that power. :ohwell:

I have a riding lesson scheduled for tomorrow. I wonder if we’ll all be on the same clock time. :ohwell:

Katla in Beautiful NW Oregon
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Margaret how horrible all around for a child to hurt an adult means serious trouble and for a teacher who is saying what needs to be done and no one is listening or abe to act in the best interest of all. I am sending good thoughts and healing strength to your friend. <3<3:'(

NYKAREN
  • janetr7476
    janetr7476 Posts: 4,001 Member
    Options
    After having a wooded area across the street from us since we have lived here, the owner sold the lots and they are building several little duplexes for "senior living", we're not sure what that entails. Yesterday morning surveyors were out in our front yard driving in stakes. Jack went and talked to them. They will be running a new water line down our block then across the street to the new construction. We have two concrete driveways, one into the garage and the south drive goes to Jack's woodworking shop at the back of the house. They will be cutting through both drives and then will replace the removed concrete. Argh, what a mess. The job superintendent said the work will start in the next few days.

They also told us the four houses on our block are the only four remaining homes in our city using our own well water system and the City, at some point, will require us to hook into the City water and we will have to pay to run the water line from our house out to the new line they are installing. The money doesn't upset me as much as the City water is nasty and I can drink our well water right out of the tap.

Love you my friends.
    Janetr OKC
  • 1948Peachy
    1948Peachy Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    Margaret and NY Karen: I worked with two young teachers my first year at a new school. One of them had the motto: It's my way or the highway. I was supposed to be the community leader and was a total failure as they both spent the year being unhappy. They both left at the end of the year.
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Terri - Welcome. Let us know what you prefer to be called and where you’re located that way we’ll be sure who’s posting. Sounds like you have a lovely family. Loving thoughts for your angel.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Meg from Omaha, dont let posting to the group become a chore. Pop in when you can, read what you can, respond to what you feel. I do try to at least skim the posts when I’ve missed a day or so, but that’s me. You do you.

Sharon Near Seattle
  • bwcetc
    bwcetc Posts: 2,777 Member
    Options
    Katla ... I used this site to help me decide which DNA Test to purchase for my son. Thought you might be interested in it as it reviews 5 of the most well known providers of DNA testing. We went with LivingDNA based on what we knew about our genetic history, the ability to test the maternal line and we weren't interested in health testing.

Beth
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,355 Member
    Options
    Lisa - I love my rowing machine. It's always there, rain or shine. :D Good all round workout.

This afternoon DH wanted to go out for a walk, so I joined him for a very brisk 5k. :o:o:o Helped with the calorie burn, but I'm still sailing close to the wind today. I was very knackered, so had a half hour nap on the sofa and then made the Easy Crustless Spinach and Feta Pie from skinnytaste.com. Enough left for lunch tomorrow. Indulged in sourdough and butter a bit too much.
    Never mind, this morning I was still 2 lbs under target. Hooray! I seem to be eating masses, but exercising like a crazy woman. :laugh:

Watching the Icelandic series tonight and tomorrow is a new series of Midsomer Murders. :drinker:

Kids coming to 'play' tomorrow, so no machines in the morning for us. My son is going on a two hour run. He isn't going with his club as they are tackling a mountain and he has ongoing Achilles trouble. He's just going to do an easy run along the seafront and then decide whether to go ahead with the marathon on April 14th. Or not. :'(
    Very frustrating for him.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,802 Member
    Options
    Electrician here checking out how he will get my lights up.. wonder how much this will cost...
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    Options
    Hey hugs ladies,
    Ok my husband has high blood pressure, but is on medicine now. I am most likely going to be on bp meds as well, but my appointment isn't until the 27th to get them. With my mean doctor, that has the bedside manner of a wet fish, but I shall be polite and all.👍. I had the gyno doctor appt on Thurs, and we had a nice chat. I am on a steroid ointment, clobatasol. With LS I am kinda mourning the loss of some of my lady bits (how else do I describe this!?). So its 4 weeks nightly, 4 weeks every other night, and 4 weeks 2 times a week for maintenance. With it be a steroid medicine, husband and his reduced immune system, we are staying away from each other. So our cuddling is over least until next month when I apply it every other night. Feel like I am being punished some how for this damn disease. Imagine having your lady bits from stem to stern, itchy, on fire 24/7. Then introduce some lesions, and compromised skin, and wince when I urinate, and we'll its just a nice little pity party in the making right there. I have used it for 2 nights and it is helping so I am hopeful.👍

My eldest took his 1st Class Petty Officer test the other day. He'll know in August of he passed or not. Fingers crossed! I know he's a great follower of orders etc, and not keen in leading, but with added pay, comes added responsibility. He has been in the Navy longer than he had left in it. That is hopeful! He's a good kid. This is what I get to look at most every day. I feel blessed.

peeq00waa5q6.jpg

I have been making more soups lately, and bought a cute little dense cabbage yesterday! On Sun, I will make bean, ham and cabbage soup! Pics to follow!

💗Rebecca
    P.s. Only 9 more weeks and my first grandbaby will be here! Athena Rose!