• pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,715 Member
    Options
    Oooo
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    When two ladies are yelling/chatting to each other on the treadmill machines behind you, and you're trying to tune them out, listen to your favorite music, and watch "Pioneer Woman" on the tv. Now that's multi tasking!
    💗Rebecca
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,520 Member
    Options
    Belated best birthday wishes Dana!
    Lisa "boil into new things ... hair on fire..." :love: your way with words. As to the grant rejection, no one can win 'em all. Bet it prompts you to new and successful endeavors.
    Kylia safe travels, virtually hug Aubrey and your aunt from all of us.
    Machka love the gorge pic, especially your DH's smile that says it all. You can be so proud of how far you've helped him come!
    Mary from Ontario I am in awe of you using walker to stroll the beach. You GO girl!
    pip, Carol, Kim, Katla, Evelyn, Felicia count me in on the "thinks food first." Wondered what brand of peanut butter Heather has in Hove... ;}
    Heather Hooray for the 5K, would love to see a pic of the offshore wind farm. Your scones sound yummy, do you share recipes? And would you tell me how to pronounce them? I hear "rhymes-with-stones" from most everyone here, but have heard "rhymes-with-John's" from one or two who might know better. My first reaction to such a text would be umbrage rather than reassurance... ;}
    Katla "never had a compliment" from your riding teacher before? :SMH:
    Tracey that is quite a family history!
    Connie a minimum stride of 30"? That's beyond my 4'11" frame.
    piper's megamom, please let us know what to call you and roughly where you are, it will help us to learn your name too ... ;)
    Rebecca, beautiful way to repurpose lovely china so it will be used. I get sad thinking of Mama's silver and how she loved to entertain. I have the silver, but not the inclination. Loved Alton Brown's Good Eats for informative humor but far prefer Pioneer Woman's flavor profile.
    Yvonne thanks for the Johnny Appleseed day, was completely unaware of teh Swedenborgian connection. Con VERY grats, fellow Campfire Girl, on being able to wear your rings again!
    Allie, your work situation sounds so much less than ideal, I keep praying that your DFIL's facility will come to their senses and throw $$ and benefits at you to get you to work there! Hear you about kitchen remodel, ball park estimates here for no-change-in-footprint kitchen remodel (floors, cabinets, countertops, appliances) start at $25K. Will content myself with my happy stove and when I can no longer stand the 80's grandma print walls will bite the bullet and drag out the paintbrush. Lord, how I loathe painting!
    Lanette thank you so much for the snack formula examples, really helped me to understand. I like to add a few almonds when eating a square of dark chocolate, will have to calculate how that affects... ;)
    KJ ditto what Lisa, NYKaren, Heather and Beth said. Tears are so healing. Rest well and enjoy your oh-so-rare 5 days off.
    Holly in MO yay for back to gym and safe travels to NE.
    Viv "in such a low mood.... hate feeling like this." :cry: Me too. Before you get out pip's boot, is there just one tiny thing you want to have done? Doing it might make you feel better...
    Beth Neither could I believe understand Kylia willingly cleaning house in hose and heels. :noway: The only thing that can get me into hose and heels any more is a funeral.
    janetr jealous of your pecan trees. Be safe.
    Welcome Jill, jovic, stnadfirm, d3gus. Please let us know what to call you and roughly where you are, it will help us get to know you.
    Rita, your Dr sounds like Katla's riding teacher, good corrective guidance but a little short on the positive reinforcement. You are doing AWESOMELY, you've found an eating plan that is giving you scale results and you are making the effort to exercise. Well done! (pat pat pat on back.)
    pip "forget your headphones for the gym workout" torture trebeled. Good for you for soldiering on despite the lack of them.
    Margaret I am in awe of you and KJ and all the snow moving gals. Glad we moved to the coast ;) Sad but true, here, if you can afford it, you can get medical attention much more quickly that where healthcare is socialized. But if you can't afford it...

Oil change walk and marathon shopping in Medford (Winco, Walmart, Trader Joe's, Natural Grocers) burned 1730 calories according to the HRM. Good thing, too, as it was a way carb heavy, veggie-short day. Time to get off my butt, veg prep and SWSY.

Lighter, lovelies!
    f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    walk one more step 11/31, 60 g protein 11/31, rx/vits 10/31, meditate 9/31, knee exercises 9/31, SWSY 1/8, play with Tumble 9/31, hang up or purge art 0/4 AF 8/31.
    Word for 2019: "GOOD" good attitude, good food, good times, good choices, good enough, feel good, GOOD!
    03/11 LT: Medford shopping trip-Y MT: Call DDS-Y ST: Scooter ears-Y
  • SophieRosieMom
    SophieRosieMom Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Barbara AHMOD - saw your comment about dark chocolate + almonds. I just checked a bar of Lindt 90% dark chocolate still hiding in my cupboard.

4 squares = 230 calories. 22 gm fat + 4 gm protein + 5 gm Fiber = gives a whopping 31 gm of goodness for 230 calories. Stands great alone and no wonder it's a health food! B) I normally only eat 2 squares at a time, and maybe that's why. It's so VERY satisfying.

The sun is out! Took 4 buckets of glass jars and beer bottles to the recycle dumpsters down the road. I feel sorry for the houses surrounding that area.... sounds of breaking glass all times of the day and night. I wore a knit hat but should have shoved in earplugs.

Oops, the sun just went away. Pacific Northwest Spring. Have a good Tuesday!

Lanette
    SW WA State
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,358 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Swing dancing was great fun, but DH found some of the footwork a bit baffling. He's not good at shifting his weight from one foot to another. He is persevering though and I am very grateful. I love it. He only comes for me.

Barbara - I will post the recipe for my scones tomorrow (I rhyme them with Jones, but sometimes with John's! ) They are very basic and I use a recipe from an old cookbook. Some people put sugar in, but I prefer them without.
    I will try to take a photo of the wind farm , but it won't be easy. Depends on the clarity of the air. Tonight their lights were flashing on and off very clearly.

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Options
    j5d4m8ln4vyg.jpeg
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,887 Member
    Options
    Still dealing with some cough due to the bronchitis but think I am on the downward slope toward getting over it. The doc said 4-6 weeks and this will be 4. We had snow again this morning but most of it is melted this afternoon. I was able to go to water exercise today. Yeah! Have done well so far on eating.

Karen in VA - Sounds like an interesting project. My DGD has just started online school this semester. She is really enjoying it. She gets to participate in girls' water polo at the high school to fulfill her PE requirement. She has been playing with a boys' team because there was no girls' team so she is excited about this.

Kelly - Your tribute was beautiful.

Rori - Hear you have a huge storm coming your way. Please stay safe.

Everyone take care, Sue in WA
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

murder when you forget your headphones for the gym workout.
    positive note, it was raining

bike ride hm 2 gym, rain- 8.10min, 11.6amph, 137mhr, 1.5mi= 75c
    ROWING MACHINE- 30min, 50aw, 96ahr, 119mhr, 4712meters= 179c
    bike ride gym 2 dome, rain- 5.30min, 133mhr, 16amph, 1.4mi= 60c
    ride puy 2 sumn station, rain- 15.07min, 12amph, 149mhr,3mi= 171c
    jog sta 2 wrk, rain- 5.38min, 10.44min mi, 148mhr, .5mi= 67c
    jog wrk 2 sta- 4.32min, 9.53min mi, 149mhr, .4mi= 64c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- 19.32min, 8amph, 142mhr, 2.6mi= 187c

total cal 803
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,391 Member
    Options
    Did one segment of 10MS pilates and then took the extremepump class, The plan for tomorrow is to do an abs diet workout

Marianne – welcome! You joined by posting!!!

NYKaren – the new tax laws screwed us too

Heather – what is a PB on the elliptical? Congrats for doing it, tho. Could it meant peanut butter? Oh..."ersonal best"

Tuesday here: did the abs diet workout. The plan for tomorrow is to do the abs diet workout two DVD. Then we have a Newcomer general meeting. Just think…my last general meeting. I don’t even have to call the place to remind them we won’t be there since the airport is doing some sort of remodeling and is closed anyway. Only one board meeting to go. Seems they still don’t have a secretary as of yesterday. Oh well…that’s what happens when you strong arm someone to do something that they really don’t want to do. They say “yes” and then back out.

Went this a.m. to get my temporary crown put back in. I’m a bit surprised they didn’t do it last night since it was done by just the assistant not the dentist. And it only took 15 minutes. Then got things for Denise’s shower favor. Had to go to the library three times to get the wheel for the diaper boat made. Then went and picked up the labels. Wrapped the cookies for the napkin/diaper. Then found out that if they deliver the nail polish and bags for the favors, they couldn’t deliver them to the store until the 25th and I need them before the 24th. So I went to three stores and basically bought them out. I hate doing that, but I couldn’t do anything else. Just need to go to Sam's to get Goldfish and maybe Swedish fish, depending if they sell them in individual packages. I know that they sell the Goldfish in small packages.

Welcome everyone new!

Mary from Ontario – great loss!

Picked up one of my gnomes from ceramics yesterday

Dana – happy birthday

Sharon – the shower is 3/24. I HOPE they’re still making a Wii. I have a personal training CD for it that I’d like to sell since I really don’t use it.

KJ – so glad everything went well. I knew it would, you wrote such a lovely thing

Pip – I hate it, too, when I forget my headphones. Or when my ipod is out of charge and I need it for music or a workout

Jess just texted Vince that she got a “A” on an anatomy exam. It appears this teacher is quite rough. She did tell Jess that she’s one of the better ones. I told Jess that she’s been there for almost a year now, my bet is that they have a tough teacher who will “weed” out the people who aren’t really really dedicated.

The only thing I don’t like about Pioneer Woman is that she uses so much butter! But her things look really good. Wish we had a show where they concentrated mostly on healthy food, how to cook foods in a healthy way

Tomorrow after the general meeting Vince and I think we’ll go practice bowling. This guy gave me a wrist band and I need to get used to it. See, when we were in FL we went bowling with friends of ours. The hubby used to be a bowling instructor and he told me that what I’m doing, and this is very common with women, is breaking my wrist. So I need a certain type of wrist guard to prevent me from breaking. I tried another guys and I could really tell the difference.

Yvonne – what do you think would happen if you put the crate in the yard?

There must be a cat right outside because Bonnie is crying/hiss

Michele in NC

• cityjaneLondon
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Barbara, Karen etc - Here is a nice little link to the wind farm tours you can take from the marina.
    If you scroll down a bit there is a good little video, in the first box, of a trip out to the turbines.
    I haven't been on a trip, but I am tempted.
    We can only see the turbines on a clear day as they are eight miles out. I like them and much prefer them to land based ones. I enjoyed seeing the lights last night as we walked along the seafront.

https://www.visitbrighton.com/whats-on/brighton-wind-farm-tours-p1484601

Going to try the yoga today. It's only around the corner, so that's a bonus.
    Then it's a goodbye dinner for the kids' wonderful nanny, Alice, before she goes to take up a job in a nursery in Dubai. We are all meeting in Fatto a Mano, the pizza place. She really was exceptional, young, always patient and gentle, and really well organised and imaginative. A real pleasure to be around. Of course, the money to pay her nearly broke them! They will really notice the difference now they haven't got to find her pay, plus benefits, every week. They are hoping to save towards a kitchen extension.
    After that we will go to the Cercle Français for a lecture on the Golden Days of Vichy. :DB)

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • trucker743
    trucker743 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Barb (weaklink)! I think I recognize you from the past. I now use Sharon Near Seattle as my tag, but am still the same old trucker743! Give us a way to keep you separate from the other Barbs, Barbies and Barbaras.

Tax season has reached the insanity stage here. I’ve agreed to work 5 days instead of 4 because we’re a bit short staffed. Today was the first. I’m feeling stronger and have more energy! And I’m getting very close to “One-derland”! It’s still pretty cool here. It was snotting this morning. That’s when it’s snot snow and snot rain! I’m going to take a hiatus from posting much. I’ll see you the other side of the ocean of paper!

Sharon Near Seattle
  • cityjaneLondon
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Just a thought for those of you wanting to refurbish your kitchens on a budget. If you have a good handyman there are loads of second hand kitchens on sites like gumtree, eBay etc. My son sold his lovely two year old kitchen units for £600 when they built a new extension up in London. They were going to throw it away until I told them to advertise it. I watch a lot of refurb shows and plenty of people get showroom models or second hand and they look great. You do need a good handyman with transport.

Bargains are to be had if you've got the time and energy. And know a man, (or woman), who can!

Love Heather UK xxxxxxx
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,180 Member
    Options
    It's been a full day!

Work ... as usual.

Then my husband did the driving part of his driving assessment. Part of the deal when you have a brain injury is that they take your driver's licence. It has annoyed him since he found out about that because he didn't do anything wrong. But they want to try to make sure that brain injury survivors are all right behind the wheel of a vehicle ... and safe!

The assessment went well! :)

He arrived where I work just as I was leaving to catch the bus to go to my root canal. Good timing!

Today was Phase 2 of the root canal and it wasn't too bad. This dentist seems to know what she's doing! One of the problems I have with my teeth is that I have exceptionally long roots. Turns out that the average length of the second mandibular molar is 19.8 mm. And mine are 25 mm. In the past some dentists haven't realised just how long my roots are and I actually lost a tooth about 16 months ago because of it. Fortunately, this one took the time to find the whole tooth!

She also put a temporary filling on my broken tooth.

And now I have to deal with more regarding my husband's back-to-work situation. Yay!

M in Oz

• klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options
    Happy Wednesday, my big festival concert is OVER and was a success, and I continue to chug along.

Machka great progress with DH driving again!

This morning I was reading a transcript of a Charlie Munger interview, he was asked about the secret to attaining a happy life, here is what he said:

CHARLIE MUNGER: Now that is easy, because it’s so simple.

BECKY QUICK: What is it?

CHARLIE MUNGER: You don’t have a lot of envy, you don’t have a lot of resentment, you don’t overspend your income, you stay cheerful in spite of your troubles. You deal with reliable people and you do what you’re supposed to do. And all these simple rules work so well to make your life better.

Now of course, this seems trite and there are a lot of tragic turns that come our way, but that simple little "index card" approach has helped me and I will need it in spades to deal with family this coming weekend! More on that later.....

NYKAREN
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    A windy but sunny day here.

Yvonne TX when we first got Leah she was not house trained and did her business on my favourite rug!! :s We tried to take her out every few hours asking her to “do wee wee” but she didn’t get it. One day just as Leah was about to squat (on my next favourite rug!!) DD picked her up and took her outside into the garden, she got it eventually but I had to throw out 2 rugs. Trouble was around bonfire night, she went out into the garden and was frightened by a loud firework, she was so terrified she wouldn’t go out into the garden, so we had to take her for a quick walk before bed. We are still trying to get her to pee in the garden but it’s a bit hit and miss. I think some days she wants to go for another quick walk and knows if she doesn’t pee in the garden she gets to walk around the block, she is smart/stubborn!

Barbara AHMOD That's the trouble, so much to do but know what to do first or where to start. Can't seem to gather my muddled thoughts. Think I could do with a day at the seaside or a day out somewhere to clear the fog. I'm concentrating on keeping on top of things and doing a bit of decluttering every day, then I can start on painting the dining room.

M in Oz glad the root filling is going well, must be tough having such long roots.

Michelle loved the little gnome and also glad your temporary crown is back in place.

We are still in the midst of storm Gareth and although sunny at the moment the wind is fierce. Can imagine some damaged will be caused. I've already had to rescue my recycling bins. Going to have to brave it in a minute as I need to go to the shops.

Better get a move on, I've been sat at the computer too long already.

Have a good Wednesday <3
    Love
    Viv York UK