Things people say when you lose weight

Replies

• jfdi6960
    jfdi6960 Posts: 76 Member
    I don't need to lose weight and tell me I'll look 'ill'
    'you must be super healthy' because I go to the gym every day. I'm not, that's why I am doing it

I did like, 'where's the other half of you?'
  • MindfulDecision
    MindfulDecision Posts: 42 Member
    shaf238 wrote: »
    When you are at a family event, and decide to either eat at maintenance/don't log for the day and everyone is so obsessed over what you are eating. "I thought you were on a diet???" or the looks when you go for seconds.

In the back of my mind I'm thinking just shutup and relax, it's one day aka no difference in the long run xD.
    Relatable. It's irritating when people feel the need to point out that you're having a doughnut or something. Like, if you had any clue how calories/macros work you wouldn't say *kitten*.

Exactly. We're always consciously or unconsciously tracking anyhow. Unlike the commentators who are unable to wrap their head around calorie deficit/how the math works out.
  • GregInORL
    GregInORL Posts: 232 Member

And it does not stop either. I haven't lost anything over the last 2 years Been steady in maintenance. Yet my parents are convinced I am still loosing and that I am, and I quote "crashing my body due to too much exercise"
    Now for sure my body has changed over the last year and a half as I have become a decent runner and with weight training. My GP is most impressed by my body stats as I score in the athletic range.
    Sad to say I come from a naturally lazy background. Even my husband was commenting on it last time we were there how lazy my family is

Two years in maintenance is great! I'm starting to figure out the balance I'd like between running and weight training. I've done almost no weight training. I've just started going to the gym 1-2 days a week. I'm usually running 5 days a week :p
  • petrocoetsee
    petrocoetsee Posts: 829 Member
    I lost almost 38kg's over the last 10 months. All the comments I received have been encouraging and great to the ego to hear. During the last few weeks, 3 women (different days) approached me. 2 Complimented me on my weight loss, telling me that I am inspiring. The 3rd lady asked me "Are you aware that you lost a lot of weight?" I couldn't help but to smile and answered, yes I am aware of it. I didn't add that I have been working my butt of (literally and figureratively). But it was still appreciated.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!