WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Barbie - I like the "911" container. I've heard of doing that but didn't know any area actually supplied a container with instructions. I'll see what we have in our area.
    I keep a condensed 1 page Medical History for each of us. We take it to doctor appointments And I keep a copy uploaded to my CareZone app. (A free app for all things medical related. I highly recommend it.)
    It includes everything I've seen in medical questionnaires.
    • Identification (name, address, phone, date of birth, SSN)
    • Insurance info
    • Blood type
    • Known Allergies
    • Travel out of country
    • Medications - including OTC
    • Medical History - with dates & locations for surgeries screening tests, blood labs, etc. # of births, date last menses. I even include MRIs, X-rays,
    • Prinary care doctor name, address, phone)
    • List of doctors
    • Emergency Contsct
    • Pharmacy
    I update it at least annually - but usually in preparation before any doctor visit.
    ➡️ I also keep a Doctor Visit sheet. Although I mostly do this in s CareZone app journal entry now. It includes:
    • Vitals this visit (w/vitals last visit noted)
    • "Doctor needs to know" notes.
    • Purpose of this visit.
    • Doctor's comments.
    • Next steps.

I think it's a good practice. I've done this 11 years now.

Ginger in Texas
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,967 Member
    Options
    :)Ginger, I am in awe of your organization. Our doctors send us home from the appointment with a visit summary of why were there, vitals, currents meds, and when to come back.

<3 Barbie In NW WA
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    A bit windy early but only light rain off and on today. To destress walking is my favorite. I also love to cuddle with Ella. Somehow her snuggles seem to make the stress not so overwhelming. Walking along the river or on the beach is therapeutic and add a dog for company, that is about as good as it gets.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • coastalgosgal
    coastalgosgal Posts: 2,900 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    janetr7476 wrote: »
    Thanks ladies for your sweet comments on the picture of our grandson's family. Our daughter was telling us last night that towards the middle of May she gets to go spend two days on ship with her son. She will fly to where his ship will come into dock, then they take a two-day cruise. I've never heard of this program but she is super excited. She is a Navy veteran herself.

We have a grandson graduating college this year and a granddaughter graduating high school. Our grands range in age from 5 to 25, plus our 5 month old great-grandson. Yes, Heather, we are truly blessed <3

Janetr OKC

Its called a dependents cruise! How great! Sometimes ships do a Tiger cruise and its kid's of a certain age that go on a mini cruise. I went on one for overnight when husband's ship was traveling from Yokosuka to Shimoda for a festival there.
    💖Rebecca
  • lacwest6605
    lacwest6605 Posts: 6,922 Member
    Options
    Heather, enjoy your run! It’s still Saturday night where I live.😊
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    📙Accountability post for Saturday, April 6th
    ✔️1. Carbs 50g max with no more than 25g per meal. (29g)
    ✔️2. Fiber 25g. (41g)
    ✔️3. Track in MFP. Complete the entry daily.
    ✖️4. Exercise - log 30 Fitbit minutes (0 Active minutes).
    ✖️5. No eating after 9pm. To prevent late night snacking & get a good 12 hour overnight fast.
    ✖️6. In bed by midnight.

• Overall Feeling: Bad pain night Friday night. Didn’t get to sleep until about 5am and got about 5 hours of sleep. I stayed up though until about 7:30pm when i had to rest for an hour. Didn’t feel bad today - just low energy.
    • Exercise: None Today.
    • Bright Spots today: Nice FaceTime chat with one of my sisters tonight. Stayed within my macros for the day.

➡️ 3 days back to tracking and staying within macros and i feel encouraged.
    -- Ginger in Texas
  • wizzywig
    wizzywig Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    :)
  • trisH_7183
    trisH_7183 Posts: 1,486 Member
    Options
    Good morn. Been up since 3:30, but was asleep by 9 last nt.

Had the nicest day yesterday.Sunny 70’s!
    Even got DH to go along. He passed on TJ’s & enjoyed the sun while we poked around inside.
    Got frozen orange chicken,fried rice with chicken,cheese & a couple snacks.Veggie sticks for him .
    ...pea sticks for me.Only $2 each for good size bag.
    Checked out new library,then a new park,got car washed & vacuumed ,bought chicken at Costco.
    Was here & there. A late lunch at Red Lobster.BTW,they have calorie counts for food & drinks on the menu.

Long day,but loved spending it with DD.She loved that I loved last wks flowers & brought new ones in pic.
    Not good at arranging them,but pretty all the same.

Pat in Ohio
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,279 Member
    Options
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/c9/cd15ce825bic.png

Machka: I totally agree with you. Planning is an essential part of realising one's dreams. Making a written plan and following it, with regular reviews is my method of choice, and using a to do list keeps me on track. Later: Progressive lenses? I think we call them varifoacals here. I find them very useful. I also have my glasses coated with reactolite so that I don't have to keep changing to sunglasses.

My Word for 2019 is CHOICE with a different word chosen for each month.

My word for April is CONSOLIDATE
    This month I am choosing to take stock of how much I have achieved so far. At almost 73, I feel that my emphasis should be on health and fitness. I upped my calories slightly, and am concentrating on reducing my empty calories.
    The increase in calories doesn't seem to have had an adverse effect so far. I've still got my daily budget set for a small loss, and that seems to be happening. It's slow but steady, so I'm fairly happy with it.

April Daily Goals Just for today...
    • Log food/stay under goal 4/4
    • 9000 steps a day 4/4
    • 60+ minutes intentional exercise daily 4/4
    • Weigh less at the end than now - 0.8

Need to charge my tablet, so will be back later.

☘️ Irish Terri

• grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,765 Member
    Options
    morning ladies~
    up dressed and having my tea...fed Alfie and will go down in an hour or so to feed DFIL even though I cant have a bird feeder,I am using up seed I have and putting it on the retaining wall. so the birds are coming and I can still enjoy them..
    plan for today is to reverse the LED lighting I put up under countertop so I can plug it in on the other side of counter..and do a little more cleaning.. feels good to have my place picked up..
  • klanders30
    klanders30 Posts: 2,569 Member
    Options

Barbie your bulbs will be a recurring gift - lovely

Feeling tired but satisfied from my long work weekend. One more rehearsal today but no pressure with this one. Gardening, grocery shopping, meal prep and a nice walk are on the to do list today—phew!

NYKAREN