WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR APRIL 2019

Options

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,999 Member
    Options
    :)MariMcKeon, I hope you will come back often and share your success. You are a great example that mobility issues don't have to keep a person from being active and losing weight.

:)Ginger, Your sharing about how you stay active with normal chores reminded me of an article I read a few years ago that talked about how inefficiency can help with weight loss. It's efficient to carry all your folded laundry to the bedroom in one trip, but doesn't burn many calories or count many steps, but the inefficient practice of folding and carrrying laundry to put it away one piece at a time is very active.

:) Jake has bbq chicken cooking the in the slow cooker and now he's napping. This is my time to take care of a bunch of computer and bookkeeping chores. I've completed a lot and can now treat myself to an hour of TV and the exercise bike.

<3 Barbie from NW WA
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,743 Member
    Options
    Pppp
  • ginnytez
    ginnytez Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    @MariMcKeon - nothing wrong with a little bragging-you are doing great. Glad you have found trainer who can help. I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer in 1996 and had thyroid removed. Get the occasional recurrence.

No idea if goal is reasonable-probably depends on activity level, etc.-but set your goal and try-that's the only way you will know.
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,446 Member
    Options
    ☘️
  • cmsavells
    cmsavells Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies - took some time away from the computer this weekend to celebrate the 14th anniversary of my daughter's adoption and becoming a family. We had a great time, culminating in a trip to the ballet.

Met with a trainer Thursday who was really awesome and helpful in setting up a strength training program. He was super-encouraging and told me it was time to shop for smaller workout pants because mine kept sliding down. Yay me!!! I'm down about 33 pounds now. I weigh in on Thursdays so more later this week.

MariMcKeon - awesome job in the weight loss category. It's a tough battle for anybody, but even tougher with mobility issues. You are to be commended.

Lisa, 50, OH - I used to live in Columbus. I miss it so much!! Sweets and snacks are a downfall for me too. Easter candy is everywhere right now. I can hardly wait for April 21 when it will be gone from the shelves!! Snacking is all about picking stuff that's healthy and using proper portion sizes. I had to count my stuff and put it in individual bags. Fresh veggies are good - celery sticks and carrot sticks. There is a puffed corn/rice snack called Pirate's Booty that I think is pretty good. It is low fat, low carb and organic. I buy the 1/2 ounce lunch box-sized bags; otherwise, I would sit and eat it like a bag of chips. I know I'm paying extra, but it is what works for me right now. Sugar-free pudding is pretty good, The YQ yogurt is a decent and filling snack.

Connie in KY
  • pipcd34
    Options
    xxpu28pwe6zp.jpeg
  • pipcd34
    Options
    stats for the day:

bike ride hm 2 gym- 7.54min, 12amph, 128mhr, 1.58mi= 73c
    ROWING MACHINE- 35min, 56aw, 106ahr, 127mhr, 5724meters= 215c
    bike ride gym 2 dome- 5.31min, 122mhr, 15.9amph, 1.46mi= 59c
    ride puy 2 sumn station- 15.37min, 11.7amph, 143mhr,3.03mi= 139c
    jog sta 2 wrk, slow- 5.45min, 11.02min mi, 143mhr, .52mi= .60c
    jog wrk 2 sta- RAIN, 4.52min, 156mhr, 10.46min mi, .45mi= 70c
    bike ride dome 2 hm- RAIN, 20.47min, 7.5amph, 140mhr, 2.6mi= 200c

total cal 816
  • teklawa1
    teklawa1 Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    (((Barbara))) Thinking of your friend with the sudden loss of her husband. How wonderful of you to arrange for dog walkers. Wonderful, thoughtful gift for your friend. Makes me think of how our lives can change in a moment. Prayers for you and your friend.

Betsy in NW Washington
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,661 Member
    Options
    Hi Gals,
    Welcome newbies –

Barbie – I love the bulbs!

Janetr – lovely picture of your grand daughter

Barbara – What a shock! Rover.com and wag.com are both good options for dog walkers.

Michele – Donald is really cute!

Kim from N. California
  • TerriRichardson112
    TerriRichardson112 Posts: 18,446 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    My Word for 2019 is CHOICE with a different word chosen for each month.
    My word for April is CONSOLIDATE
    This month I am choosing to take stock of how much I have achieved so far. At almost 73, I feel that my emphasis should be on health and fitness. I upped my calories slightly, and am concentrating on reducing my empty calories.
    Week 1 update on goals:
    Still trending downward, keeping it real.

April Daily Goals Just for today...
    • Log food/stay under goal 8/8
    • 9000 steps a day 8/8
    • 60+ minutes intentional exercise daily 8/8
    • Weigh less at the end than now - 1 lb

Off to my Craft Group meeting. Then Art History after lunch, and Crochet Group after dinner. I am off for a long weekend with my crochet friends on Friday.

💖 Have a great day 💖

☘️ Irish Terri

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,837 Member
    Options
    <3